You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Stupid Calls or What

edited March 2010 in Poker Chat
In light of some of the recent threads pointing out some of the calls that are made by the less than intelligent members of this forum I thought I would add my tuppence worth

I was playing a $10,000,000 double your money last night,

Anyway I get my cards and would you believe it 7 2, SUITED NO LESS,  I could hardly contain myself..........

Anyway I naturally raised,  I thought 4 x BB was suitable,  anyway surprise, surprise some DONK at the table decided to go all in, he had a slightly larger stack so I had to go all in to call,   well as you can imagine with 7 2 SUITED, I barely hesitated.  ALl in and we flipped our cards.

My 7 2 against,  can you believe it, he actually was stupid enough to call me with ............. you guessed it  Ace Ace.   WHAT AN IDIOT..

Anyway I'm thinking trip 7's will take this guy down no problem.  Or at the very least trip 2's,  one of them is bound to come up.

Anyway here comes the flop   K Q 6,  no problem thinks I still two cards to come so one of my trips is a dead cert.

The Turn   5

The River  3

CAN YOU BELIEVE IT

Some idiot calls me with pocket ACES and they hold up to beat my 7 2 SUITED, SUITED I TELL YOU 

This game sucks, I hate it, It's not fair, no one should ever beat me 

Well needless to say that's the last time I'll play on this site, and I have put in a request to have my $10,000,000 stake returned to me.  I am sure I will be successful in getting my money back.

Anyway you have all been warned.  

Comments

• edited December 2009
    JUST KEEP ON GETTIN URE CHIPS IN WITH HANDS LIKE THAT AND IN THE LONG TERM IT WILL PAY OFF.LOL DEBS XX
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Stupid Calls or What:
    JUST KEEP ON GETTIN URE CHIPS IN WITH HANDS LIKE THAT AND IN THE LONG TERM IT WILL PAY OFF.LOL DEBS XX
    Posted by debdobs_67

Thanks for your support Debs, it means a lot to me.

• edited December 2009
    Very unlucky indeed :-/

Usually any two SUITED will do. SUITED is the most powerful starting-hand in Hold 'Em, but every once in a while they do get beat.

Better luck next time me olde fellow BMW driving pokerist :-)
  • edited December 2009
    Very unlucky indeed :-/ Usually any two SUITED will do. SUITED is the most powerful starting-hand in Hold 'Em, but every once in a while they do get beat. Better luck next time me olde fellow BMW driving pokerist :-)
    Posted by NoseyBonk

BMW RIDING........  but you were right about the olde lol
  • edited December 2009
    Haha ... RIDING - ok, my mistake lol

• edited December 2009
    Hard look matey, I would of thought you had that one in the bag.

Just go for a blast and take it out on the Beemer.

P.S.  Most accidents happen in the kitchen!!!!.
               So don`t ride your bike in there.
  • edited January 2010
    I started this thread as a joke.......  However once again I see another thread where someone is questioning another players calls, folds raises etc.....

Here's the deal guys, ANYONE can call, raise fold, with ANYTHING, from ANY POSITION,  who are we to decide if he (or She) should, or should not, have done it.

This should be the first rule that a new player is taught, if you can't deal with it take up another game

"ANYONE can call, raise fold, with ANYTHING, from ANY POSITION"

• edited January 2010
    Ths os simply not true.  It is breaking the rules to call with any 2 suited cards. They must be  a suited 2 or higher.

Again if its unsuited it must be 2 or higher.

Its in the sky terms & conditions.
  • edited January 2010
    very very unlucky cant believe you didnt win with 7 2 sooooted  as well ,whats this game comin to. terrible ul again anjie x
  • edited January 2010
    Unlucky Jock.
    To be honest, I'm not 100% sure about your hand selection; 2 is quite a weak "kicker".
    I think you should probably wait for 73.
    I hope that this helps.
  • edited January 2010
    I started this thread as a joke.......  However once again I see another thread where someone is questioning another players calls, folds raises etc..... Here's the deal guys, ANYONE can call, raise fold, with ANYTHING, from ANY POSITION,  who are we to decide if he (or She) should, or should not, have done it. This should be the first rule that a new player is taught, if you can't deal with it take up another game "ANYONE can call, raise fold, with ANYTHING, from ANY POSITION"
    Posted by JockBMW
    very well said indeed!
  • edited January 2010
    YAY!!!
    Thanks for this, so next time i fish with 46 off, and catch the 5 for a str8 on the river, i can send them to this thread when i get *****'d in the chatbox quoting jock as an excuse for poor play? LOVE IT!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Stupid Calls or What:
    In light of some of the recent threads pointing out some of the calls that are made by the less than intelligent members of this forum I thought I would add my tuppence worth I was playing a $10,000,000 double your money last night, Anyway I get my cards and would you believe it 7 2, SUITED NO LESS,  I could hardly contain myself.......... Anyway I naturally raised,  I thought 4 x BB was suitable,  anyway surprise, surprise some DONK at the table decided to go all in, he had a slightly larger stack so I had to go all in to call,   well as you can imagine with 7 2 SUITED, I barely hesitated.  ALl in and we flipped our cards. My 7 2 against,  can you believe it, he actually was stupid enough to call me with ............. you guessed it  Ace Ace.   WHAT AN IDIOT.. Anyway I'm thinking trip 7's will take this guy down no problem.  Or at the very least trip 2's,  one of them is bound to come up. Anyway here comes the flop   K Q 6,  no problem thinks I still two cards to come so one of my trips is a dead cert. The Turn   5 The River  3 CAN YOU BELIEVE IT Some idiot calls me with pocket ACES and they hold up to beat my 7 2 SUITED, SUITED I TELL YOU  This game sucks, I hate it, It's not fair, no one should ever beat me  Well needless to say that's the last time I'll play on this site, and I have put in a request to have my $10,000,000 stake returned to me.  I am sure I will be successful in getting my money back. Anyway you have all been warned.  
    Posted by JockBMW
    Glad you only started this thread off as a joke cause with a hand like that I can do nothing but laugh. That being said. if I was able to see your starting hand prior to me making a move with AA I would have folded just because I could'nt hit the all in button for laughing....lol......Keep up the good work 
  • edited January 2010
    Unlucky Jock. To be honest, I'm not 100% sure about your hand selection; 2 is quite a weak "kicker". I think you should probably wait for 73. I hope that this helps.
    Posted by MereNovice
    lmao.
  • edited January 2010
    personally I prefer 7-2 off, because I hate the wait when you are trying to river a flush, and you usually know exactly where you stand on the turn with 7-2 off--much better for your nerves, still, I suppose if you think you can handle it, play away---I just like to know where I stand, and if you dont like to know where you stand, then you really should'nt be sitting down in the first place
  • edited January 2010
    YAY!!! Thanks for this, so next time i fish with 46 off, and catch the 5 for a str8 on the river, i can send them to this thread when i get *****'d in the chatbox quoting jock as an excuse for poor play? LOVE IT!!
    Posted by major1962

Ah my young apprentice, continue to follow the teaching of the Jock Meister and you too could be as rubbish as me at the game of two cards,  well 7 cards, well 5 out of the 7......  you know what I mean 
  • edited March 2010
    It would appear that Loonytoons has been stealing my material.  Bumping this to show the rest of the forum  what a blaggard, a bonder and a cad the chap is 
  • edited March 2010
    psssttttt Loonies thread was started a few months before yours jock
  • edited March 2010
    yeh lol i saw this thread in December and thought you plagiarist!! Dates never lie??
  • edited March 2010
    Does anyone know how you can slink off in shame, whilst whistling........  IN TYPE 

PHEW, Phew, Phew, Phew..........