You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SupPerL08 Cash, anyone?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

A few folks have written to me, or Tweeted me, asking if I can get a bit of PLO8 Cash going.

Happy to give it a whirl for a week or so to see if others are interested.

I'll play for an hour or so @ around 10pm tonight, & most nights for the next week or so, to see if we get any action.

I'll also try, starting in the next few days, to have a Morning session, maybe 11am, & a teatime session, 6pm, again for about an hour.

Just 2p-4p, & 5p-10p for now. I'll sit at each level, & see if anyone shows up.

Be kinda nice if, off the back of this, players can post hands afterwards to discuss the rights & wrongs, & we can chew the cud about them.

Comments

• edited March 2014

The first Supper Session will be tonight. I'll be sat there, waiting. And waiting, probably. ;)

Post on thread if you are up for it, so it encourages others to have a go, too.
  • edited March 2014
    Would love to
    but too busy for the next few weeks to play any poker
    gl though

PS glad we don't have to send the police round. Was worried that we hadn't heard from you for over 3 days!
  • edited March 2014
    The trouble with Omaha Hi-Low cash is the rake. With the amount of split pots that you get in this game, the rake kills you quite quickly
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: SupPerL08 Cash, anyone?:
    The trouble with Omaha Hi-Low cash is the rake. With the amount of split pots that you get in this game, the rake kills you quite quickly
    Posted by FCHD
    totally agree with you on this just don,t see the point in playing cash..so sorry tikay don,t think i,ll be joining you
  • edited March 2014
    This is kinda why you guys need to lay NLO8 6m and hu sngs...   You have a handful of hu sng grinders destorying plo8 sngs for redic ROIs without being challenged by regs or better players cos your not spreading NL08 which is much more fun for recreationals and higher in variance for the regs!!!!!  

I know.. I'm floggin a dead horse... meh. 

Hope you do get a decent cash game going though Mr Tikay. NLO8 is the future... 

• edited March 2014
    I don't really play hi/lo so don't know but in terms if cash is NL08 really that different from PL08 cash? How often do we overbet the pot in cash... Occasionally but it can't make much of a difference in cash surely?
  • edited March 2014

Well I gave it a try last night, & it went a bit better than I expected.

I sat at 1 x 2p-4p Table, & 1 x 5p-10p table. The 2p-4p Table never started, so I sat out after 30 minutes.

The 5p-10p Table had one guy waiting, "raggy" (seemed a decent chap), then Melty joined, then a mate of mine from Next Door, "Luther", and soon we had a full table, happy days! One guy who had Tweeted me asking to start the game sat in, too.

We played for an hour, from 10pm, as I promised, & then the table broke.

Sat down with the Max £10, & absolutely crushed, & I do mean crushed. Cashed out for £11.70, so a Profit of 17%. (17% sounds a lot better than £1.70, right?).   

• edited March 2014

When I first sat in, I was Heads Up for 10 minutes with Raggy.

Now this is a bit of a problem, as....

1) I suck at Cash

2) I suck at Heads Up.

So, he ran over me a bit for the first 5 minutes, but then I sort of sussed the coup, & started playing back at him, & it was OK after that.

At the same time, I was playing 3 x PLO8 DYM's. The teo games could not play more differently. In one, we regularly motor with a 6 or 7 BB stack, in the other we are 100 Bigs deep. 

I found that a terrible struggle, to play both at once.

Anyway, it was fun, I picked up some "Double" Reward Points as a bonus. Not many, mind, but it all helps. 

I'm hoping Melty or someone will give me some help with how to play Cash, as I really am not wholly comfy with it. We shall see.

Enjoyed the challenge though.

• edited March 2014

Will try & answer the Thread Comments & questions later, I'm a bit all over the shop right now.
  • edited March 2014

Oh, same time, same places, tonight, at about 10pm.

No good moaning at no liquidity, we need to build it.

We proved we can with the PLO8 DYM's, so no reason not to try PLO8 Cash. And yes, maybe, NLO8 cash or SNG's eventually, though personally, I don't enjoy NLO8, as it takes the sheer beauty of the game away. IMO, of course. Each to their own, obv. 

Anyway, 10pm tonight. Come take my profit.  
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Tikay...

Just started learning Omaha but once I do would be great to play a game with you... Just takes some getting use too.
    Best of luck with your game , hope you get the numbers.
  • edited March 2014

Divs,

If you fancy learning at the lowest Limits, let me know, & I'll get it organised & sit in.

Can be....

PLO8 Cash

PLO Cash

PLO8 DYM's

PLO DYM's.

I really want to help spread the word, Omaha is SUCH a fun game to play.

There are a bunch of regulars folks who play the PLO8 DYM's every night now - loads of them, in fact, over 100 Games run each evening - & they are the friendliest bunch you'd ever wish to meet, & they are all very helpful to newbies.
  • edited March 2014

PS to Divs.

Aftere we've played a little session, we can mabye Post some hands here, or in the Clinic, & then we'll get some feedback on Ranges, Lines, that sort of thing. Ranges in Omaha are critical to understand, & get right.
  • edited March 2014

Nice one Tikay.. Im one of those people who will study the game and then play when I feel like I can put in a performance, that (A )I wont get beat often or (B)Will give as good as it gets.....I will get back to you soon but..
    Thankyou, Gentleman as always. P.s Would be refreshing have a game going each night as too much Texas can get a bit tedious. needs must but pays the bills and more.. Take care Divs.

• edited March 2014
    PS to Divs. Aftere we've played a little session, we can mabye Post some hands here, or in the Clinic, & then we'll get some feedback on Ranges, Lines, that sort of thing. Ranges in Omaha are critical to understand, & get right.
    Posted by Tikay10
    That would be great even once a week
  • edited March 2014
    is this on again tonight?
  • edited March 2014
    is this on again tonight?
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Hi Chris,

Yes, if you fancy it, ditto anyone else, I'll open up a few Tables @ around 10pm. I'll do it for the next few night to see if anyone is up for it.

Just 2p-4p & 5p-10p. 

I may not be able to chat, as I'll be having a DYM session at the same time, but that's a bonus, right? ;) 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: SupPerL08 Cash, anyone? : Hi Chris, Yes, if you fancy it, ditto anyone else, I'll open up a few Tables @ around 10pm. I'll do it for the next few night to see if anyone is up for it. Just 2p-4p & 5p-10p.  I may not be able to chat, as I'll be having a DYM session at the same time, but that's a bonus, right? ;)  
    Posted by Tikay10

Think ill join in. Need the practice. And the money :)
  • edited March 2014

Quick Update.

After we got a 5p-10p game going on Thursday night, I tried again on Friday night. Nothing, nada, zilch, no action.

Last night - Saturday, I tried again. I opened 1 x 2p-4p table, & 1 x 5p-10p Table.

Within 10 minutes, we had THREE x 2p-4p tables going. Boom!

The games lasted for about 2 hours, until midnight, when I departed, cocoa time.

Those playing included.....

Wacko90
    Ivanovic
    LEON
    BOYDID
    CHILLIE
    CraigCU
    ChrisMc
    Tom Mull

Pretty pleased with that. Except that they took all my money. Ugh.

We began nice & gentle Jesus, so that the newcomers could see flops, & get a better feel. Just small-ball, & no pressure applied, & nobody won or lost much.

Once the Big Boys arrived in Town, the nature of the play changed, & we started playing for stacks. Wacko90 NEVER has it, just so you know. Nor does Ivanovic, he tried to get me off Aces with 8 high. As if.

I will try & do it again tonight, but can't promise 100%. I need to be up early tomorrow, so can't have a late night, & also, I'm finding it very tough to play Cash, & DYM's alongside each other, which is badly affecting my DYM win-rate. But I'll try. 

Maybe see you later. Will defo be playimg a DYM session first, though. Need the Reward Points.   
  • edited March 2014

A couple of questions hit the Chat box last night, but with 7 Tables on the go, I could not really reply.

I'll Post them in the "Cash Poker Strategy" Board shortly.

Just basic stuff, but quite useful to those not used to PLO8 or PLO cash. 

• edited March 2014

Two of last night's questions are now on the Cash Game Strategy Board, HERE