You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

*** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? ***

Yes this is very much a rant and half because I am getting sick of how SKY is treating the normal average joe, and not people like LOLUFOLD, YOYO.. ETC..  The people that are funded by sky in some sort of form..  Trust me sky is going to say it all comes down to Variants...  But it doesn't matter how rubbish of a player you are if you play 10, 12 DYM's in a session you are suppose to win a least one??  Not anymore this site is now becoming a joke of a site..

They allow you to win last month.. But this month not at all..  They give you profit one month then the next month take it back..  SKY YOU REALLY NEED TO SORT YOUR SITE OUT.. THIS IS A JOKE NOW

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? ***:
    Yes this is very much a rant and half because I am getting sick of how SKY is treating the normal average joe, and not people like LOLUFOLD, YOYO.. ETC..  The people that are funded by sky in some sort of form..  Trust me sky is going to say it all comes down to Variants...  But it doesn't matter how rubbish of a player you are if you play 10, 12 DYM's in a session you are suppose to win a least one??  Not anymore this site is now becoming a joke of a site.. They allow you to win last month.. But this month not at all..  They give you profit one month then the next month take it back..  SKY YOU REALLY NEED TO SORT YOUR SITE OUT.. THIS IS A JOKE NOW
    Posted by dominon105

Out of 8,200 games you've never lost more than 8 games in a row.

You have however won 9 or more games in a row on 36 occasions, including a streak of 16 wins.

Watch out for variants, you're due a double figure losing streak soon, can't avoid it forever ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? ***:
    In Response to *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? *** : Out of 8,200 games you've never lost more than 8 games in a row. You have however won 9 or more games in a row on 36 occasions, including a streak of 16 wins. Watch out for variants, you're due a double figure losing streak soon, can't avoid it forever ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Alright DOHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I am wondering how do you know that I have played all those games??
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? ***:
    In Response to *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? *** : Out of 8,200 games you've never lost more than 8 games in a row. You have however won 9 or more games in a row on 36 occasions, including a streak of 16 wins. Watch out for variants, you're due a double figure losing streak soon, can't avoid it forever ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    How do I get rid of this loosing streak and start winning again on the Sit and Go Tables......???  At the moment it feels like I am cursed..  No matter what I do I loose..  Should I leave poker for this rest of the month?? Is that the only option...  I really want to strangle someone at sky...  Where's TIKKAY When you need him.. lol
  • edited March 2014
    I don't know sir, the losing streak or 'downswing' looks quite dramatic.

What caused it? Did you change something in your game? The stakes you play? The number of tables?

Seems something might've changed because you were a constant winner or break even player for the huge majority of those 8,000 games.

Just go back to doing what you used to do....
  • edited March 2014
    I don't know sir, the losing streak or 'downswing' looks quite dramatic. What caused it? Did you change something in your game? The stakes you play? The number of tables? Seems something might've changed because you were a constant winner or break even player for the huge majority of those 8,000 games. Just go back to doing what you used to do....
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

Very good question..  I Used to play one £5, £3, £2, £1, double your money.. plus £1 heads up sit and go.  Then when I won a DYM I used to play the micro stakes DYM..  Now since the new software has come out I can now play on it my laptop with eases, however I have added one more table £.50 DYM to the list.. 

So now you see when I loose all of that in one session that is a big loss for the likes of me.   Maybe it's the extra table that I am playing..  Can't really see anything else.. Or maybe I should just start playing two low stakes a session or even a day then take it from there....
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? *** : Very good question..  I Used to play one £5, £3, £2, £1, double your money.. plus £1 heads up sit and go.  Then when I won a DYM I used to play the micro stakes DYM..  Now since the new software has come out I can now play on it my laptop with eases, however I have added one more table £.50 DYM to the list..  So now you see when I loose all of that in one session that is a big loss for the likes of me.   Maybe it's the extra table that I am playing..  Can't really see anything else.. Or maybe I should just start playing two low stakes a session or even a day then take it from there....
    Posted by dominon105
    Any reason why you intentionally play 4 different stake levels at once?

I know it's common for players to play across different levels at the same time but it sound like you go out of your way to do so?

With dyms, the 'rake' of 'fee' you pay is different at different levels.

a 50p game charges 10p rake, which is 20% rake. A £3 game charges 30p rake, which is 10% rake.

It may not sound a big deal but long term this seriously effects your results.

If I were you, and you have the bankroll to do so, I'd try and play all my games at the £3 level for now.

This isn't a problem with HU sngs, they charge 5% rake at every level so you can continue to play them at whichever stake you like.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: *** What The Hell Is Going On With Sky Poker And There DYM'S? *** : Any reason why you intentionally play 4 different stake levels at once? I know it's common for players to play across different levels at the same time but it sound like you go out of your way to do so? With dyms, the 'rake' of 'fee' you pay is different at different levels. a 50p game charges 10p rake, which is 20% rake. A £3 game charges 30p rake, which is 10% rake. It may not sound a big deal but long term this seriously effects your results. If I were you, and you have the bankroll to do so, I'd try and play all my games at the £3 level for now. This isn't a problem with HU sngs, they charge 5% rake at every level so you can continue to play them at whichever stake you like.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH

I found when I first started playing DYM's way back in 2008 that was the only way I could see some sort of profit playing all those various buy in tables..  At the moment I haven't got the bankroll to play at the £3 level.  The hit that I have taken this month I can only play at the micro stakes.. 

So you reckon that it would be best to play how many tables you want at the same time at one level..  Say for instance all the £1 level..  Don't even bother playing the £.50 level ones while you are playing them??
  • edited March 2014
    Yes that's what id do.

If there aren't enough games running at your chosen level and you want to play more then sure look elsewhere.

Or if you see a game abit higher with some players you recognise as bad players then take a shot at that game.

I'd avoid the 50p level for sure, the 20% rake there is too hard to overcome.

There's nothing wrong with mixing up your stakes, I was just curious as to why you were so fixed on playing 1 from each level at the same time that's all.
  • edited March 2014
    Yes that's what id do. If there aren't enough games running at your chosen level and you want to play more then sure look elsewhere. Or if you see a game abit higher with some players you recognise as bad players then take a shot at that game. I'd avoid the 50p level for sure, the 20% rake there is too hard to overcome. There's nothing wrong with mixing up your stakes, I was just curious as to why you were so fixed on playing 1 from each level at the same time that's all.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Dohhhhhhhhhhhhhh thanks very much for all of your advice :)
  • edited March 2014

No prob dom.

Sometimes it's best to go right back to basics.

Try to start breaking even again, see the period of bad luck off then as your confidence returns hopefully you'll start winning again.

Best of luck turning it around.
  • edited March 2014
    . . .  I'd avoid the 50p level for sure, the 20% rake there is too hard to overcome.
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Absolutely, 100%, God-d**n right !

The difference between the 60p-ers (20%), and the £3.30-ers (10%) is profound, especially over longer term play, and will make a difference between eeking out a profit and carrying a loss.
  • edited March 2014
    i had a thread about that couple years back about 20% rake I said its wrong and other sites got 10% or less. as this site got a lot of a.ss lickers to sky all I had was go and play elsewhere. and stuff like sky got lot of outgoings and stuff!!
     I said if this site wants to grow its got to cut it down to 10%. even though it don't matter to me cos I don't play those type of buy ins its need to be sorted out.