You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

-ev decisions that are actually +ev

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
So here's the scenario: You've just sat down at a juicy PLO game. There are at least 1/2 pretty big fish both sat 500bb's deep+. However you can only buy in for 100bb. First hand you are dealt 5s7h8d9d and sat in the BB and it goes raise, 3-bet, 4bet in front of you. Now it's pretty much always going to be -ev to get it in here. At maximum it will be a 20BB losing play and probably on average you migh lose between 12 and 16BB's. But if we win the pot (depending on how many players decide to play) we can be sitting on a stack of 300BB's. And with 2 deep stacked fish at the table we want to have them both covered - if we sit around waiting for hands that might take far too long - best to gamble it up early!

Comments

• edited March 2014
    imm not going too lie Ivanovic,

i feel i know what im doing, a litle bit anyway at the table, 

but when i read you posts i feel confused :) and in turn makes me feel like i have no clue about the game. 

ill continue too read them, one day i will understand.
  • edited March 2014
    Obv it's gonna be -EV .... But you prob can put one guy on AAXX - the other could be KQJ10 could be KKXX dub ... Your hands not in bad shape vs the above .... It's literally a case of to gamble or
    Not to gamble ..... IMO - F*k it ... Sling it in - close your eyes - and hope it gets shipped via DHL straight to your stack. :) 
  • edited March 2014
    I'm confused you say you can only buy in for 100bb...but a couple of "fish" have 500bb....they must be doing something right?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: -ev decisions that are actually +ev:
    I'm confused you say you can only buy in for 100bb...but a couple of "fish" have 500bb....they must be doing something right?
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    It's a swingy old game PLO
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to -ev decisions that are actually +ev:
    So here's the scenario: You've just sat down at a juicy PLO game. There are at least 1/2 pretty big fish both sat 500bb's deep+. However you can only buy in for 100bb. First hand you are dealt 5s7h8d9d and sat in the BB and it goes raise, 3-bet, 4bet in front of you. Now it's pretty much always going to be -ev to get it in here. At maximum it will be a 20BB losing play and probably on average you migh lose between 12 and 16BB's. But if we win the pot (depending on how many players decide to play) we can be sitting on a stack of 300BB's. And with 2 deep stacked fish at the table we want to have them both covered - if we sit around waiting for hands that might take far too long - best to gamble it up early!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    So basically paying £7 to be sat with 150. I can think of a few hypothetical situations where I would.