You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

QOTD - Omaha Freerolls

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi

Inspired by JockBMW's post - would you like some of the regular freerolls to be swithched to Omaha or would you just rather keep them as Holdem?

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Loved the omaha freeroll's, but if you give players a choice it will allways be nl hold'em.  Shame tho.
  • edited March 2014
    I think thats a great idea,  the earlier you can get people interested in poker, after they start the game, the better.

• edited March 2014
    1 or 2 wouldnt hurt. PLO8 too.

get people interested in other forms of the game!

• edited March 2014
    Good morning everyone
    I think freerolls for omaha are a great idea, as i only know the very basics of omaha, it would be an excellent way to learn the game.
    All the best
    Rainman397
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: QOTD - Omaha Freerolls:
    1 or 2 wouldnt hurt. PLO8 too. get people interested in other forms of the game!
    Posted by chicknMelt
    PLO8 Frreerolls.. Now they would be a hoot...   We could ru na poll on how many times per level,  someone asks...  "why did he get half my winnings?"  lol
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: QOTD - Omaha Freerolls : PLO8 Frreerolls.. Now they would be a hoot...   We could ru na poll on how many times per level,  someone asks...  "why did he get half my winnings?"  lol
    Posted by JockBMW

LOL, exactly.  These used to run on weekends at about 2p.m. and used to atrract decent fields, bring then back i say.
  • edited March 2014
    I enjoyed playing them when they ran before, kids permitting. Only being at the weekend meant I couldn't play many though before they stopped. I hadn't played Omaha before and was fun to try.
    Definitely bring them back and hopefully not just at the weekend.
  • edited March 2014

The Omaha f/roll on a sat afternoon was great...... apart from the amount of 'aways' there always was.

Here is a quick solution for that (plus all other games too). This is stolen from another site but it is a simple way of eradicating it IMO....

Start stack of say 100 chips or 5 BB's. In 1st level, you can have ONE FREE rebuy of 2000 chips. Players that are away will be blinded out sooner and players who are actually playing will know how many real players there are sooner.
  • edited March 2014
    as i said before even just do 1 hi/lo freeroll 1 week and then a omaha the next that way it is ony 1 a week. but please both not just plo
  • edited March 2014
    The Omaha f/roll on a sat afternoon was great...... apart from the amount of 'aways' there always was. Here is a quick solution for that (plus all other games too). This is stolen from another site but it is a simple way of eradicating it IMO.... Start stack of say 100 chips or 5 BB's. In 1st level, you can have ONE FREE rebuy of 2000 chips. Players that are away will be blinded out sooner and players who are actually playing will know how many real players there are sooner.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Good idea Maxally, we may try that.
  • edited March 2014
    Any PLO8 freerolls would be appreciated, thanks.
    Any chance of a big one, once in a blue moon, 500 or 1000 points buy-in, that sort of thing?
  • edited March 2014
    Tikay might even win a tourny. If u put in a plo8 freeroll.

defo up for this idea though. Enjoy omaha side very much. And just starting out plo8 which tikay has kept me right so far by destroying my play on his thread :) I thought kk77 was solid 
  • edited March 2014
    The Omaha f/roll on a sat afternoon was great...... apart from the amount of 'aways' there always was. Here is a quick solution for that (plus all other games too). This is stolen from another site but it is a simple way of eradicating it IMO.... Start stack of say 100 chips or 5 BB's. In 1st level, you can have ONE FREE rebuy of 2000 chips. Players that are away will be blinded out sooner and players who are actually playing will know how many real players there are sooner.
    Posted by MAXALLY
    a big +1 great idea do it for all freerolls