You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£500 Free Cash Freeroll Tonight

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Following MAXALLY's comment here

We thought this would be a really good idea to try out, therefore tonight we are trialling a new type of Freeroll.

Each players will start with 200 chips and have the opportunity for 1 free rebuy of 2,000 chips at any point in the first 40 minutes.

Players who are absent in the freeroll will be blinded out more quickly and players in the freeroll willl have a better playing experience.

Hope you all enjoy, 

Sky Peter

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to £500 Free Cash Freeroll Tonight:
    Following MAXALLY's comment  here We thought this would be a really good idea to try out, therefore tonight we are trialling a new type of Freeroll. Each players will start with 200 chips and have the opportunity for 1 free rebuy of 2,000 chips at any point in the first 40 minutes. Players who are absent in the freeroll will be blinded out more quickly and players in the freeroll willl have a better playing experience. Hope you all enjoy,  Sky Peter
    Posted by SkyPeter
    good stuff but 40 mins is a bit excessive..and why is it not timed? there was a thread somwhere else a few weeks back and the majority wanted them kept as timed tournies
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to £500 Free Cash Freeroll Tonight:
    Following MAXALLY's comment  here We thought this would be a really good idea to try out, therefore tonight we are trialling a new type of Freeroll. Each players will start with 200 chips and have the opportunity for 1 free rebuy of 2,000 chips at any point in the first 40 minutes. Players who are absent in the freeroll will be blinded out more quickly and players in the freeroll willl have a better playing experience. Hope you all enjoy,  Sky Peter
    Posted by SkyPeter
    Nice idea, unbelievable to think MAXALLY came up with it!
  • edited March 2014
    Cool, good luck all. I like this, sounds like an excellent solution to the Freeroll away player annoyance.

Great idea Alan. You are now pardoned for your embarrasing bubble-boy exit in the 2-20 Deepie ;)

-------------------------------------

Edit;

PS I the following my BR challenge diary in January last year;

An annoyance I've mentioned before is the away players in these freerolls. Without fail at least one or two always seem to survive to the bubble, even though only around 11% of the field are being paid.

The player involved in the hands below (I have editted out his s/name) cashed in the 2-15pm Freezing Freeroll today, even though he sat out with a red time bar throughout. He won't believe his luck when he sees the result. Without doubt this guy outlasted many of the players who battled at the tables after spending 50p on rebuys and add-ons (131 were purchased, 52 spots were paid). The away player won a series of miracle all-ins, including 59o />KK, and was somehow was sitting on 150% of the 3000 chip starting stack during level 17, which was being played after the bubble had burst.

That's unfair on the entrants who'd spent money on rebuys and add-ons in my opinion...........etc
  • edited March 2014

.....and I didnt even get free entry :(