You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Average Roi...

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
As the new promo IS about average ROI whats the exact formula for working it out? and what would you suggest to be the best way to approach this promo??

Comments

• edited March 2014
    work out your ROI for each game, then take the average.

so 

(profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in).....

The best way to approach the promo is to turn on GOD mode for 30 games
  • edited March 2014
    Amount won, divided by amount bought in for, divided by amount of games played.

No?
  • edited March 2014
    Its OFFICIAL its average roi!!! woohooo thanks sky

Now this is an excellent promo!!!

Good luck all
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Average Roi...:
    Amount won, divided by amount bought in for, divided by amount of games played. No?
    Posted by Slipwater

I think that would be total ROI?? this is over my head to be honest
  • edited March 2014
    Where the stake is of relevance however is the rake % . So anything from 3.30 buy in up will have an advantage over lower buy ins.

• edited March 2014
    work out your ROI for each game, then take the average. so   (profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in)..... _____________________________________________________                              Number of games The best way to approach the promo is to turn on GOD mode for 30 games
    Posted by chicknMelt

my formula will give you average ROI...

(profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in).....

for example, you win 2 £10 DYMs and lose a £20 DYM...

(£9 / £11) + (£9 / £11) + (-£22 / £22) 
    =(0.81) + (0.81) + (-1) 
    = 0.62

_________
    number of games (3)

Average ROI  = 0.21 (21%)

• edited March 2014
    No im pretty sure these are the rakes....

60p is 10/60 = 16.6%
    1.15 is 15/115= 13%
    2.25 is 25/225 = 11%
    3.30 and over is 30/330 = 9%

Ger

Oh i just noticed 6 max dont have 2.25 they have 2.20 so yes footsie what your saying is correct however I was referring tothe dym rakes.
  • edited March 2014
    No im pretty sure these are the rakes.... 60p is 10/60 = 16.6% 1.15 is 15/115= 13% 2.25 is 25/225 = 11% 3.30 and over is 30/330 = 9% Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    That's only for DYM's. Fees at all levels of regular sng's are 10% of the buy-in (9.1% of cost).
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Average Roi... : That's only for DYM's. Fees at all levels of regular sng's are 10% of the buy-in (9.1% of cost).
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Interesting. I wonder what the reason behind that is...

• edited March 2014
    i was bored, so I did an excel spreadhseet to do all the calcs for you. hopefully its useful for some of you.

Basically, you just need to fill in the white bits - your buy in, and the amount you cashed for.
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks chickn very big help
  • edited March 2014
    can you not just use sharkscope and filter it to sng`s and from certain dates etc
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Average Roi... : my formula will give you average ROI... (profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in) + (profit / buy in)..... _____________________________________________________                              Number of games for example, you win 2 £10 DYMs and lose a £20 DYM... (£9 / £11) + (£9 / £11) + (-£22 / £22)  =(0.81) + (0.81) + (-1)  = 0.62 0.62 _________ number of games (3) Average ROI  = 0.21 (21%)
    Posted by chicknMelt
    huh, surely a 21% ROI can't be right when we win 2 DYM's and lose one (if stake is irrelevant?)

When we lose the ROI isn't (+(-1)) surely? It's just 0%?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Average Roi... : huh, surely a 21% ROI can't be right when we win 2 DYM's and lose one (if stake is irrelevant?) When we lose the ROI isn't (+(-1)) surely? It's just 0%?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    when we lose our roi is -100% for that game (shown as -1 above)

say we play 3 x £11 DYMs and win 2... since the take is the same, we should get the ame result using the total ROI equation...

total profit = £9 + £9 - £11 = £7

total invested = £33

7/33 = 0.21 = 21%