You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go - confused.com?

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014

The NLHE sit and go structures were changed last year, to add the 150/300 level and the 75/150 levels. Seems that the Omaha sng's missed out on that revision. That explains the difference.

No idea about PLO or PLO8, though, so I'd have no idea how it would affect the play.

• edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go - confused.com?:
    Just to confirm, the Promo page now states............ We will measure your level of skill based on the average ROI (Return On Investment) of 30 or more 6 Max Sit & Go’s
    Posted by Tikay10
    Okee dokee. This is good news.
  • edited March 2014
    Say you play 120 DYM;s is it your average ROI from all 120, or the best 30 sequence you put together within that 120? I think thats the key thing 

• edited March 2014
    Say you play 120 DYM;s is it your average ROI from all 120, or the best 30 sequence you put together within that 120? I think thats the key thing 
    Posted by alex1229
    It's the average of however many games you play between the specified dates of the promotion.
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by alex1229
    The blurb states.......

average ROI (Return On Investment) of 30 or more

So that means ALL of them that you play, as long as you play a MINIMUM of 30.

Play 30, it'll be based on 30.

Play 75, it'll be based on all 75.

Play 200, it'll be based on all 200.

That's how it reads to me.
  • edited March 2014

A reminder, this Promo begins at 1 minute after midnight tonight, i.e., 00.01, Tuesday 18th March.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go - confused.com? : Promo does not kick in till 18th march m8  so No and even if it was the 18th  today the answer to you question would still be No , as it`s based on the tournament start time.
    Posted by footsie66
    lol i thought it was today thats what happens when up all night :@(
  • edited March 2014
    Just found an interesting stat on sharkscope.

Average profit over 100 games leaderboard 2-5 dollar buy in (6 player tables)

6 max leader has a profit of $2.31 per game and the dym leader only has a profit of $1.78. 

This backs up what most people have been saying.

Oh well I think I will still stick with my dyms.

Ger

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go - confused.com? : The blurb states....... average ROI (Return On Investment) of 30 or more So that means ALL of them that you play, as long as you play a MINIMUM of 30. Play 30, it'll be based on 30. Play 75, it'll be based on all 75. Play 200, it'll be based on all 200. That's how it reads to me.
    Posted by Tikay10
    what about 250?
  • edited March 2014
    A reminder, this Promo begins at 1 minute after midnight tonight, i.e., 00.01, Tuesday 18th March.
    Posted by Tikay10

n1 Tikay, hope to get a few in after forum dtd, Great to see its Average ROI. Best of Luck to all taking part in this Promo.
  • edited March 2014
    http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c586c9ba

an excel file that does all the ave ROI calculations for you.

i was bored.

just fill in the white bits - your buy in and the amount you cashed for
  • edited March 2014
    Forgetting numbere and percentages here. Not my strong point at all.

should I play 

30 6max or 30 dym

or 15 of each.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to not a scooby????:
    Forgetting numbere and percentages here. Not my strong point at all. should I play  30 6max or 30 dym or 15 of each.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    not taking into account your skill level in each game, you should play standard SNGs.

taking into account your skill level, you should play neither :P

...sorry couldnt resist.

unless you feel you are MUCH better at DYMs, i'd go for standard SNGs. if you arent used to them, then try some tonight? I imagine there will be a few ppl doing the same.
  • edited March 2014
    Lol @ chickenmelt. Thanks fornthat boost of confedence there lol.

im quite comfortable with both forms. Although most sng games have been dym.s.

think ill try the 6 max for the 30 and see how I go. 
  • edited March 2014
    Lol @ chickenmelt. Thanks fornthat boost of confedence there lol. im quite comfortable with both forms. Although most sng games have been dym.s. think ill try the 6 max for the 30 and see how I go. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc

any time mate :)

this promo is gonna be all about the sickest run. It is sicker to come 1st outright than to split it 3 ways. Thats another non numbers way to look at it.
  • edited March 2014
    http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c586c9ba an excel file that does all the ave ROI calculations for you. i was bored. just fill in the white bits - your buy in and the amount you cashed for
    Posted by chicknMelt
    Thanks for this chicknMelt. That is one hell of a formula in Column G!! I just stick with =SUM(A1:B1), anything cleverer than that needed and I give up.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go - confused.com? : Thanks for this chicknMelt. That is one hell of a formula in Column G!! I just stick with =SUM(A1:B1), anything cleverer than that needed and I give up.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    lol, yep - I had to use an IF statement to stop there being errors if you hadn't entered anything for the buy in or cashed fields... so the formula basically says "If there is nothing in the buy in field, then use the previous AVE ROI, if there is, then work out the new AVE ROI"

• edited March 2014
    http://www.datafilehost.com/d/c586c9ba an excel file that does all the ave ROI calculations for you. i was bored. just fill in the white bits - your buy in and the amount you cashed for
    Posted by chicknMelt
    hi chicken thought I might have a look at this sheet may come In handy
    but my AVG security found a big galloping Trojan horse, so I thought I'd leave it
    and let sky do the math.

Regards Alan
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go - confused.com? : hi chicken thought I might have a look at this sheet may come In handy but my AVG security found a big galloping Trojan horse, so I thought I'd leave it and let sky do the math. Regards Alan
    Posted by ajmilton
    damn, foiled!

on a serious note, I can assure you, i put no virus in the excel file... I did use a free file hosting site tho.

Anyone else scanned the file and found anything??

I'm happy to upload it somewhere else...

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go - confused.com? : damn, foiled! on a serious note, I can assure you, i put no virus in the excel file... I did use a free file hosting site tho. Anyone else scanned the file and found anything?? I'm happy to upload it somewhere else...
    Posted by chicknMelt
    I uploaded it at work this afternoon, and ever since then my PC has been asking me if any of the web pages I open are trusted sites...