You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!*****

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Evenin' all!

So we're readying ourselves for another Turbo Tuesday and Stuart's thrown down the gauntlet for you to test his poker trivia.  Send us a true or false piece of poker based trivia and we'll see how well he does... I say do this during the live show if you can so he can't use google! Or email skyopen@bskyb.com *he's quietly confident so make 'em tricky!*

We're also asking which fictional film and TV stars would make the best and worst poker players, and why?  

And finally since we're running the last longer competition for our main event we're asking what have you managed to last an impressively long time at? Could be anything from a marathon poker session to a marathon box set watching session to a waiting on hold for two hours session, yes I did that once...

Be sure to register for the last longer below, we'll be focussing on our main event from 8 and then again at 11 with time at the master cash tables and a full hour of poker strategy inbetween.

GL on the tables and see you from 7!

Sarah xx

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!*****:
    Evenin' all! So we're readying ourselves for another Turbo Tuesday and Stuart's thrown down the gauntlet for you to test his poker trivia.  Send us a true or false piece of poker based trivia and we'll see how well he does... I say do this during the live show if you can so he can't use google! Or email skyopen@bskyb.com *he's quietly confident so make 'em tricky!* We're also asking which fictional film and TV stars would make the best and worst poker players, and why?   And finally since we're running the last longer competition for our main event we're asking what have you managed to last an impressively long time at?  Could be anything from a marathon poker session to a marathon box set watching session to a waiting on hold for two hours session, yes I did that once... Be sure to register for the last longer below, we'll be focussing on our main event from 8 and then again at 11 with time at the master cash tables and a full hour of poker strategy inbetween. GL on the tables and see you from 7! Sarah xx
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Lol. wonder who will be the 1st 1 too pipe up with the obvious
  • edited March 2014

Hi Sarah and Stuart
    The best fictional character would be LT. commander data from star trek the next generation, an android able to do thousands of calculations in a second and the worst would have to be THE HULK I mean imagine him going on tilt !!!!!! Run away Run away.
    Have a great show
    nick

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!*****:
    In Response to Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!***** : Lol. wonder who will be the 1st 1 too pipe up with the obvious
    Posted by seppe
    you i think :@)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!*****:
    In Response to Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!***** : Lol. wonder who will be the 1st 1 too pipe up with the obvious
    Posted by seppe
    gazza127 is always a good shout for that ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!*****:
    Evenin' all! So we're readying ourselves for another Turbo Tuesday and Stuart's thrown down the gauntlet for you to test his poker trivia.  Send us a true or false piece of poker based trivia and we'll see how well he does... I say do this during the live show if you can so he can't use google! Or email skyopen@bskyb.com *he's quietly confident so make 'em tricky!* We're also asking which fictional film and TV stars would make the best and worst poker players, and why?   And finally since we're running the last longer competition for our main event we're asking what have you managed to last an impressively long time at?  Could be anything from a marathon poker session to a marathon box set watching session to a waiting on hold for two hours session, yes I did that once... Be sure to register for the last longer below, we'll be focussing on our main event from 8 and then again at 11 with time at the master cash tables and a full hour of poker strategy inbetween. GL on the tables and see you from 7! Sarah xx
    Posted by Sarah_C
    Managed to watch Orford for 3 hours once !
  • edited March 2014
    Hi all.  Have a great show

The fictional charecter I think would be the best at playing poker would be Sherlock Holmes.  Imagine going heads up against the worlds greatest detective and he tells you what cards you are playing time after time!  The worst would be Daredevil.  He's blind!  How can he see his hole cards!  Easy money!

• edited March 2014
    In the last longer please.
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014

Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please xx
  • edited March 2014
    what a load of trash
  • edited March 2014
    last longer plz thanks
  • edited March 2014
    last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Good evening Sarah and Stuart.

Stuart Rutter, is this true or false?

The favourite Sky Poker Analyst of Tommy Dyer is the lovely Jen Mason.

It's false. "Tommy Dyer: personal choice, but Rutter in my mind is perfect."

I've been holding onto that quote for months. :D

The worst fictional poker player would be anyone in Star Trek that wears a red uniform and has no name. Those guys just don't have any luck, do they? (Goes nicely with pompeynic's suggestion for the best player)

What have I lasted an impressively long time at?

Well, I've been waiting for the 'right' girl for a disappointingly long time. Does that count? *sigh*

Have a great show and put me in the last longer, please. My talents finally got their due recognition with a free seat on last Thursday's show.

BorinLoner - Acclaimed Artist.
  • edited March 2014
    Stick me in the last longer please, Sarah dear :)
  • edited March 2014
    In for the last longer please.

Have a great show.
  • edited March 2014

last longer please

• edited March 2014
    Well this lasted a while...

Many years ago I had arranged a first date for 2pm on a Saturday afternoon, at a coffee shop. I arrived there excited, nervous, all Lynx-ed up, at 1.50pm. I was holding a box of chocolates.

At 2.15pm – when she had not arrived – I convinced myself that she had missed the bus or perhaps was doing the whole ‘fashionably late’ thing. She could have been spending a little too long choosing what to wear. Of course, being in those dim and distant years before mobiles, I could not contact her either, so I just had to be patient and wait.

And wait...

At 3pm I was beginning to wonder if maybe I had got the day wrong. It happens. It’s a common mistake. There was a slim chance I had told her Sunday instead of Saturday, and now that I thought of it, there was a distinct possibility that I had not said 2pm. Who starts a date at two in the afternoon? What was I thinking? Maybe it was later. Yeah, she’ll be here any minute...

4pm came and went, and now the manager of the coffee shop was staring at me, wondering why I was loitering. At 4.30pm I decided to put the manager’s mind at rest and go inside. I was thirsty anyway, so I sat down with a cappuccino. I watched everyone going past the window and suddenly realised to my horror that, ‘I’ll meet you outside the coffee shop, on the corner of Union Street’, was perhaps not as clear as it had seemed at the time. There was another coffee shop at the other end of the street.

I quickly botled to the other location. On the way there I convinced myself that yes, she would have assumed I meant that one. It was a more established place, was more popular, and was closer to where she lived. I was silly for even considering the other coffee shop! Of course, by the time I arrived at 4.45pm – still excited, still nervous, but now without the African aroma of Lynx for protection – I knew it was extremely unlikely she would still be waiting there for me. Having thought that, if I was desperate enough to wait almost three hours for a girl, perhaps she was similarly inclined.

I went inside to see if she was there, but by 5pm it was becoming clear that my date was not going to happen.

That’s when the rain came down. Hard. I went back inside, had another cappuccino, and waited for it to stop.

Two cappuccinos, a chocolate brownie, and ninety minutes later, and it was still raining. And I was – quite categorically – dateless.

The Saturday night crowd was beginning to filter into town for alcohol by now, and I momentarily thought about drowning my sorrows in a bottle of Jack Daniels. I looked at my watch. It was 6.50pm. I had been waiting for my date for five hours.

As the skies cleared I stood up, handed the box of chocolates to the cute girl behind the coffee counter, and went home.

...sigh
  • edited March 2014
    Last Longer please :)
  • edited March 2014
    Well this lasted a while... Many years ago I had arranged a first date for 2pm on a Saturday afternoon, at a coffee shop. I arrived there excited, nervous, all Lynx-ed up, at 1.50pm. I was holding a box of chocolates. At 2.15pm – when she had not arrived – I convinced myself that she had missed the bus or perhaps was doing the whole ‘fashionably late’ thing. She could have been spending a little too long choosing what to wear. Of course, being in those dim and distant years before mobiles, I could not contact her either, so I just had to be patient and wait. And wait... At 3pm I was beginning to wonder if maybe I had got the day wrong. It happens. It’s a common mistake. There was a slim chance I had told her Sunday instead of Saturday, and now that I thought of it, there was a distinct possibility that I had not said 2pm. Who starts a date at two in the afternoon? What was I thinking? Maybe it was later. Yeah, she’ll be here any minute... 4pm came and went, and now the manager of the coffee shop was staring at me, wondering why I was loitering.   At 4.30pm I decided to put the manager’s mind at rest and go inside. I was thirsty anyway, so I sat down with a cappuccino. I watched everyone going past the window and suddenly realised to my horror that, ‘ I’ll meet you outside the coffee shop, on the corner of Union Street’ , was perhaps not as clear as it had seemed at the time. There was another coffee shop at the other end of the street. I quickly botled to the other location. On the way there I convinced myself that yes, she would have assumed I meant that one. It was a more established place, was more popular, and was closer to where she lived. I was silly for even considering the other coffee shop! Of course, by the time I arrived at 4.45pm – still excited, still nervous, but now without the African aroma of Lynx for protection – I knew it was extremely unlikely she would still be waiting there for me. Having thought that, if I was desperate enough to wait almost three hours for a girl, perhaps she was similarly inclined. I went inside to see if she was there, but by 5pm it was becoming clear that my date was not going to happen. That’s when the rain came down. Hard. I went back inside, had another cappuccino, and waited for it to stop. Two cappuccinos, a chocolate brownie, and ninety minutes later, and it was still raining. And I was – quite categorically – dateless. The Saturday night crowd was beginning to filter into town for alcohol by now, and I momentarily thought about drowning my sorrows in a bottle of Jack Daniels. I looked at my watch. It was 6.50pm. I had been waiting for my date for five hours. As the skies cleared I stood up, handed the box of chocolates to the cute girl behind the coffee counter, and went home. ...sigh
    Posted by Slipwater
    You ever wonder if she actually came... saw you and then changed her mind?

Just saying...

:)
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Last longer please
  • edited March 2014
    Fictional character to boss a poker table?

Walter White !!!!!!

There is no problem he cannot solve. Apart from cancer I guess, but he is human.

In for the last longer please. Will there be any mastercash tonight?
  • edited March 2014
    Well this lasted a while... Many years ago I had arranged a first date for 2pm on a Saturday afternoon, at a coffee shop. I arrived there excited, nervous, all Lynx-ed up, at 1.50pm. I was holding a box of chocolates. At 2.15pm – when she had not arrived – I convinced myself that she had missed the bus or perhaps was doing the whole ‘fashionably late’ thing. She could have been spending a little too long choosing what to wear. Of course, being in those dim and distant years before mobiles, I could not contact her either, so I just had to be patient and wait. And wait... At 3pm I was beginning to wonder if maybe I had got the day wrong. It happens. It’s a common mistake. There was a slim chance I had told her Sunday instead of Saturday, and now that I thought of it, there was a distinct possibility that I had not said 2pm. Who starts a date at two in the afternoon? What was I thinking? Maybe it was later. Yeah, she’ll be here any minute... 4pm came and went, and now the manager of the coffee shop was staring at me, wondering why I was loitering.   At 4.30pm I decided to put the manager’s mind at rest and go inside. I was thirsty anyway, so I sat down with a cappuccino. I watched everyone going past the window and suddenly realised to my horror that, ‘ I’ll meet you outside the coffee shop, on the corner of Union Street’ , was perhaps not as clear as it had seemed at the time. There was another coffee shop at the other end of the street. I quickly botled to the other location. On the way there I convinced myself that yes, she would have assumed I meant that one. It was a more established place, was more popular, and was closer to where she lived. I was silly for even considering the other coffee shop! Of course, by the time I arrived at 4.45pm – still excited, still nervous, but now without the African aroma of Lynx for protection – I knew it was extremely unlikely she would still be waiting there for me. Having thought that, if I was desperate enough to wait almost three hours for a girl, perhaps she was similarly inclined. I went inside to see if she was there, but by 5pm it was becoming clear that my date was not going to happen. That’s when the rain came down. Hard. I went back inside, had another cappuccino, and waited for it to stop. Two cappuccinos, a chocolate brownie, and ninety minutes later, and it was still raining. And I was – quite categorically – dateless. The Saturday night crowd was beginning to filter into town for alcohol by now, and I momentarily thought about drowning my sorrows in a bottle of Jack Daniels. I looked at my watch. It was 6.50pm. I had been waiting for my date for five hours. As the skies cleared I stood up, handed the box of chocolates to the cute girl behind the coffee counter, and went home. ...sigh
    Posted by Slipwater

were you wearing the shirt you wear at spt`s mate?

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!***** : were you wearing the shirt you wear at spt`s mate?
    Posted by liamboi11
    Harsh, man ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Turbo Tuesday with Sarah and Stuart *****register here for the last longer!***** : Harsh, man ;)
    Posted by Slipwater
    only joking mate :)

you know I love that shirt
  • edited March 2014
    last longer please matisbak
  • edited March 2014
    Have a good show guys! 

Something I am good at lasting a long time in... (is this question designed to elicit rude answers?!)...I'm going to say EATING. If I didn't quickly blow up in size I would use my God-given ability to eat endless amounts of food to the full. 

As it is, I try to ration myself a little. But it's a struggle. Sigh. 

FOOD RULES.
  • edited March 2014
    last longer please