You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 20TH MARCH *****

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
Hi Everyone,

The Poker Clinic is returning to Sky Poker TV on Thurday night at 9pm..... If you've got a hand that you'd like to be analysed on TV, please post it on this thread!

We can only show hands from cash tables or tournaments that have a TV icon next to them

All we need is the hand ID and a bit of information about where the hand is from, some background information, and your specific questions for our poker experts!

If you can do that for us, we'll do our best to get your hand shown on Channel 861.

All the best

Louis

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Is it that time again already for me to do some TV wh*ring? ;)

This is probably best done with card blockers...

The table had broken down to just me and Gazza and most will know he's very very aggro. Thoughts on the call down? My view on the turn was that he can pretty much never have bigger overpairs after the preflop action, he can have all sets, some hands that have picked up extra equity on the turn like A8spades and some complete bluffs knowing I probably have a lot more hands that can't stand heavy aggression than I do very strong hands.

Given that, the river is pretty much a blank... If the range I gave him on the turn is correct do we have to call turn and this river?

Hand History #756445682 (03:57 16/03/2014)

• edited March 2014
    Hand: #757691969

OK, - first level in the £2K Mini rebuy from 19/3/14.
    I had clashed with the villain a couple of times & he had previously raised a river bet from me with what turned out to be 7high. - I viewed him as pretty Laggy & capable of making moves.

Question 1 /> My Flop bet size.
    When I hit big on the flop I absolutely wanted to raise due to the wet texture. - I figured by making it pot size, - I reduced his pot odds to 2:1 therefore making it (in my eyes) unprofitable for the villain to chase. was this right or should I have bet larger? Surely this play is right for me in the long run and unprofitable for him?

Question 2 /> My river call
    Due to my experience with this person, I figured they were capable of just trying the river bet to get me off the hand. I had slowed down after the 2nd King came on the turn and once the straight draw made it I was nervous about my 2 pair, but also believed that the villain had me pegged as a bit nitty, and so I thought their bet may have been made with any made hand at all - or even a bluff just to push me off.
    In this spot was it right to call, or should I have perhaps laid it down given the extremely wet board?

Any advice for similar situations in the future?

Kind regards,

- PJ

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 20TH MARCH *****:
    Is it that time again already for me to do some TV wh*ring? ;) This is probably best done with card blockers... The table had broken down to just me and Gazza and most will know he's very very aggro. Thoughts on the call down? My view on the turn was that he can pretty much never have bigger overpairs after the preflop action, he can have all sets, some hands that have picked up extra equity on the turn like A8spades and some complete bluffs knowing I probably have a lot more hands that can't stand heavy aggression than I do very strong hands. Given that, the river is pretty much a blank... If the range I gave him on the turn is correct do we have to call turn and this river? Hand History #756445682 (03:57 16/03/2014)
    Posted by Lambert180
    Thanks Lambert.... where is the hand from?
  • edited March 2014

Hand History #755929592 (21:25 14/03/2014) Friday's Mini BH - Was multitabling at the time and majority of my focus was on the main event. Not too much attention paid to current dynamics of the table, but i had decent notes on a couple of players at the table. Card blockers appreciated here

I've had a lot of bad/cruel beats lately and after going through a few hands in my history i've tried to look at some big pots i've been involved in and see how i've done/where i've gone wrong. I think my play here is fine -
    Questionable on turn + river mainly.

Pre flop - Standard i think, happy with play here.

On the flop - From my perspective it's a good flop, but i knew it's very likely that 1 or 2 players had a piece of this board, so i decided to bet slightly larger than normally. Potential hands could be KJ/JQ with pair + gutshots. 

On the turn - Happy with the card, couldn't be a better one for me. No flush draws brought into play. I betted again. Get called in one spot. (Is there a case to check behind here?) I didn't particulary want to give 2 opponents a free card - but if i bet here i'm virtually committed to the pot 
    (Should pot control come into play here?)

On the river - Happy with the card again. Although i was cautious about 2p/Straight, and i did plan to check behind after betting 2 streets of value (Would this have been a bad move?)

When this happened on the river it was quite difficult at the time and i was playing multiple tournaments but i think i could have folded here. It does seem extremely strong. (Is this a bad call?) 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 20TH MARCH *****:
    In Response to Re: ***** TV HAND REQUESTS - 20TH MARCH ***** : Thanks Lambert.... where is the hand from?
    Posted by Sky_Louis
    Sigh, second week running I've done that. It was mastercash 9, date and time as per OP
  • edited March 2014

number 756753508

the hand came from the super roller on sunday.

when i cbet this flop i did it knowing i have the K of hearts. The thing i forgot was i am OOP so don't know for sure what he has so i would have been risking a lot of chips with the bluff when the 3rd heart came OTR so just check it.

After i went out of the MTT i was constantly thinking of this perticular hand for quite a while on weather or not i should make a jam on the turn and if i should have cbet in the first place?

the thought with weather or not to jam is while the 5x, 44 and 77 have me drawing dead their is lots of draws i might see fold and if i get called i still have an A or K to get the chips

so really i left wondering what would have been better now that my chips are getting low-
    rather than Ch/C, should i have did the shove on the turn putting massive pressure on him for just calling my flop cbet or was i wrong to cbet the flop?

• edited March 2014
    Posted on the live show thread but will put it here too.

Basically can I fold river?