You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Pot Sized bets

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic

Dont have a specific hand to use here but if a player makes standard raise preflop and I call, then post flop make a pot sized bet instead of the usual 50% of pot C-bet are they generally semi bluffing with bottom pair or bluffing with nothing ? It happens to me regularly and i never call if i havent hit so generally never get to see what they had. Bit vague without a specific hand to show but maybe someone else has come across this type of play ?

Comments

• edited March 2014

I generally tend to think that someone betting pot doesn't have much. So I just call them down with 32nd pair and then quietly sob in the corner when they roll over top set.

• edited March 2014
    As always, depends on what the board is like...

Sometimes people will bet full pot with stuff like TT or AA on a flop like 89Thh just because they're so scared of being outdrawn so they wanna charge people the max to draw/get the money in ASAP.

• edited March 2014
    The best thing to do is watch these players while your not in the hand and then when they do pot flop and get to showdown you can see what they had and make notes. All for free!