You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

SKY POKER HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL - JOKE OF A SITE

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Can't believe no-one has mentioned that calling 17,000 hands a substantial sample is laughable. Not a brag but I've played 100,000 hands in 1 month before. 17k is nothing and no where even close to being able to make a single conclusion based on 
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL - JOKE OF A SITE:
    Can't believe no-one has mentioned that calling 17,000 hands a substantial sample is laughable. Not a brag but I've played 100,000 hands in 1 month before. 17k is nothing and no where even close to being able to make a single conclusion based on 
    Posted by Lambert180

Think you have missed the point here. The sample size given is perfect. It is big enough to impress the people with no concept of probabilities and statistics and still small enough to be meaningless.

The other point of these statistics are the bias involved. A hypothesis was determined and then the statistics were used to proove it was correct. So we have conclusions drawn before the results came. This is the standard way of doing things to proove points. Only conclusions drawn after the results come in can have any possible meaning.

Always remember the old saying. There are lies, dam lies and statistics.
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by Lambert180
    +1 to this. (not the part about playing 100k hands though lol)

I have seen you tube videos where people run hand/statistical analysis on data but its 250,000 hands plus. And the RNG's check out :-D

From memory there was no presumption from analyzing the data, I think they used examples of AA KK etc and simply used the preflop percentages as a basis for analysis.
  • edited March 2014
    ok i put 6 quid in and managed to turn it in to 125 quid so i think the software likes me but on my way to that 125 quid i sufferd quite alot of unreal beats..

my advice is keep plugging away varience will turn for you and you will eventually crush the bad callers 
  • edited March 2014
    I was playing monopoly once with my brothers and they rolled pocket sixes twice in a row! That's like getting dealt AA 4 times, getting it all in pre and losing it all 4 times. That's just so unlikely that I immediately questioned the integrity of the dice, and refused to play on until the dice was changed.
  • edited March 2014
    I was playing monopoly once with my brothers and they rolled pocket sixes twice in a row! That's like getting dealt AA 4 times, getting it all in pre and losing it all 4 times. That's just so unlikely that I immediately questioned the integrity of the dice, and refused to play on until the dice was changed.
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Lol.

Are those odds really comparable?
  • edited March 2014
    Your Site is a Joke
  • edited March 2014
    Your Site is a Joke
    Posted by fjbrown
    Welcome to the forum
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: SKY POKER HAS REALLY GONE DOWNHILL - JOKE OF A SITE : Welcome to the forum
    Posted by Jac35
    you have mellowed
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: THIS DATA IS VERY EYE OPENING - SKY SHOULD BE ASHAMED:
    In Response to THIS DATA IS VERY EYE OPENING - SKY SHOULD BE ASHAMED : whan an absolute load of rubbish, ive played you many times in the mtts on here and you do nothing but complain in the chatbox about bad beats and other peoples play, how you have the cheek il never know, u limp call all the time regardless of stack size and position, maybe cut this out of ur game and u will recieve less bad beats and stop getting owned all the time!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    agree m8 shocking player only gd at moaning