You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sick of Sky software droping my line

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
How the hell are you supposed to multi-table when the Sky connection drops?

Before you even go there, there is absolutely no issues with my connection...Only happens when I am playing on sky Poker...Others have same issues....Lost count of the money I have lost through this c(r)appy connection...

Sky you need to pull your finger out...

Just one amongst many issues I have with this site but I will leave that to another day!!!

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Totally share your frustration. Happens to me and others at the table regulary, when they come back from being AWAY same answer, BEEN DISSCONNECTED  but am live on other web pages etc. Ive had it last six months.
  • edited March 2014
    Site crashed for around 10seconds at 11am for everyone I think. Annoying.
  • edited March 2014
    this post will get moved to the feedback area, and probably no one from sky will respond.

the best way to to raise problem like this is to contact customer support.

...I have this problem too though, and havent had particularly helpful responses to be honest.

I think it essentially boils down to the sky SW needing quite a good connection, and it doesnt seem to be all that great at recovering from a connection that falls below the standard needed, althuogh it does seem better than it used to be. I used to have frequent crashes that almost always resulted in a crash of the sw or at least new tables etc would not appear. now the sw generally recovers, and will only really crash when I click "reconnect" or whatever the button says. new tables etc still appear if I dont click it, so I generally just move the reconnect window out the way now lol

Sky will tell you that other sites/programs may not experience connection problems at the same time, because they use based on different technologies (sky is based on adboe Air I think??). My view - Sky should accept that improvements need to be made still, either by moving to another technology (but thats probably very expensive), or by working further on the code that handles connections. I NEVER have this problem with other sites.

I live with it at the moment, but I can see why it puts others off playing on sky.