You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Should i of flatted the turn & left him stack off?

edited March 2014 in The Poker Clinic
mrdavies Small blind  £0.25 £0.25 £78.27
BOMBDOG Big blind  £0.50 £0.75 £44.07
  Your hole cards

Toshiro Fold     
davecrow27 Raise  £1.50 £2.25 £40.12
mrdavies Call  £1.25 £3.50 £77.02
BOMBDOG Call  £1.00 £4.50 £43.07
Flop

• K

mrdavies Check     
BOMBDOG Check     
davecrow27 Bet  £4.50 £9.00 £35.62
mrdavies Call  £4.50 £13.50 £72.52
BOMBDOG Fold     
Turn

• K

mrdavies Check     
davecrow27 Bet  £13.50 £27.00 £22.12
mrdavies All-in  £72.52 £99.52 £0.00
davecrow27 Fold     
mrdavies Muck     
mrdavies Win  £38.70  £38.70
mrdavies Return  £59.02 £1.80 £97.72

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Definitely flat turn imo.
  • edited March 2014
    ye, only shoved cos i thought he must of had a hand and was happy to go with it..turns out must of been complete air
  • edited March 2014
    Posted a really quick reply above earlier cos I was on my phone but yeah it's a flat for me.

Even if you're right and he does have a hand, you have an absolute lock on the hand. He has to have quads or K6/K5 to beat you which is very unlikely. If he has one of them hands you're going broke no matter how you play it.

But... the times he doesnt have one of them hands, you want to keep him in. He might have a small flush that would shove the river but is scared of bigger flushes and FHs when you shove the turn. He might have As drawing to the nut flush so if he misses we can let him bluff, or if he hits he's gonna shove river. He might have a middling Kx but when you shove turn he's scared of a bigger Kx, a FH or a flopped flush. He might just be bluffing and we want to let him carry on.

The only danger is him not wanting to put any more money in on the river with Kx if the river is another spade but a 4th spade coming is ALOT less likely than a diamond, heart or club. Either way, flatting is probably best no matter what he has.
  • edited March 2014
    Flatting. Thinking that he has 10s - Qs with a spade. Hence his turn bet making him feel that youre unlikely to have a King. Shove looks super strong from you when you have the virtual nuts anyway. 
  • edited March 2014
    Just curious to what would be your plans on the river to get the most value check to him again? Would he not check back a lot of his range?