You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

poker v missus

edited December 2009 in Poker Chat
just wandering if im the only player who :-

- really wants to play the £12k bounty Thursday (new years eve) as i thing it will be great value as i don't think there will be that many runners, and the prize pool is guaranteed!!! BUT spending most of the night upstairs in the back room on the computer wont go down too well with the missus!!

think i need to withdraw my br and invest in a laptop so i can play while im with rest of family !!

Comments

• edited December 2009

As i'm female, i'm biased as I would be annoyed with it (only if it's too much of a common occurence) so spend it with the missus! unless you have permission of course!

• edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: poker v missus:
    As i'm female, i'm biased as I would be annoyed with it (only if it's too much of a common occurence) so spend it with the missus! unless you have permission of course!
    Posted by ness4
    as im on sky poker every night, i will be with the missus.. even tho we are not going out.. just a take away and few bottles of wine infront of a few dvds..

i will even pretend to be enjoying myself..(joke.. if you are reading this dear)

secretly tho i will want to be upstairs on here with you guys (don't tell her tho)

;O
  • edited December 2009
    Oh my goodness that was just one big massive HINT HINT to the missus right there!

Tut tut!
  • edited December 2009
    Oh my goodness that was just one big massive HINT HINT to Debs right there! Tut tut!
    Posted by ness4
    IM NOT WITH DEBS.... JESS, my missus doesnt play poker.. im sure she would understand if she did :)
  • edited December 2009
    If I pick up the laptop on Hogmany my first drink will be over my head lol.

Stick with your missus m8 plenty other opens only one wife.

Have a Happy New Year
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: poker v missus : IM NOT WITH DEBS.... JESS, my missus doesnt play poker.. im sure she would understand if she did :)
    Posted by daz231023
    Oopsy lol edited!

Haha i'm such a fool...

Yesh listen to Torryboy! very good bit of advice!

• edited December 2009
    I have a laptop and still wouldn't dare playing!

Bring the new year in with the Mrs as poker will still be there for ya every other evening.
  • edited December 2009
    why not explain the amount that you may win and promise her a decent holiday or a piece of jewelery...manage your manager my friend and good luck..sorry got to go missus wants her dinner!...In Response to poker v missus:
    just wandering if im the only player who :- - really wants to play the £12k bounty Thursday (new years eve) as i thing it will be great value as i don't think there will be that many runners, and the prize pool is guaranteed!!! BUT spending most of the night upstairs in the back room on the computer wont go down too well with the missus!! think i need to withdraw my br and invest in a laptop so i can play while im with rest of family !!
    Posted by daz231023
  • edited December 2009
    Poker v missus - poker every time
    Poker v New year - New year every time
  • edited December 2009
    I remember a couple of years ago wanting to play in a tournament. My missus wanted to go out. I promised her that if I won I would buy her a new stable to replace a rather rickety one she was complaining about all the time.

I won and it cost me £2550.
  • edited December 2009
    I remember a couple of years ago wanting to play in a tournament. My missus wanted to go out. I promised her that if I won I would buy her a new stable to replace a rather rickety one she was complaining about all the time. I won and it cost me £2550.
    Posted by elsadog
    She lives in a stable??
  • edited December 2009
    omg what are you all on about.me and dav both play and one of us(prob me)will play 2mos nite.and as for phils post?you can see ure mrs 24/7.tell her whats what and play poker.you know you wanna.debs xx
  • edited December 2009

Just play when it is repeated......simples
  • edited December 2009
    My missus would come first with me every time due to me being her carer.
    We will not be going out tomorrow because neither of us drink, so I will be playing and I just miss the occasional hand if she needs anything during the game.
    A happy New Year to all and enjoy yourselves tomorrow but don't do anything silly.
  • edited December 2009
    omg what are you all on about.me and dav both play and one of us(prob me)will play 2mos nite.and as for phils post?you can see ure mrs 24/7.tell her whats what and play poker.you know you wanna.debs xx
    Posted by debdobs_67
    debdobs?? i think i love you
  • edited December 2009
    I personally think you should do whatever you personally want to do... whatever will make you happy. If you want to play poker then play poker, you shouldn't feel obliged to do anything you don't want to do just to avoid an argument... surely the other half will understand? If they don't they will get over it lol.
  • edited December 2009
    I personally think you should do whatever you personally want to do... whatever will make you happy. If you want to play poker then play poker, you shouldn't feel obliged to do anything you don't want to do just to avoid an argument... surely the other half will understand? If they don't they will get over it lol.
    Posted by BlackFish3
    You obviously aint married are you lol
  • edited December 2009
    I had this should I shouldn't I dilemma then saw the 2010 afternoon tourney and will go for that. After all how many players will be brain dead with a hangover ?
  • edited December 2009
    Easy decision!!! Play Poker, it starts at 8pm, if you bust out early you can still have a night with her, if you go deep then you will win alot of money and she will let you off. win/win situation. Ill be playing, im not fussed about new yrs so ill stay in and look after this nippers and the mrs is going out. Full concentration tonight :-)
  • edited December 2009
    Hi
    To be honest, if you think you can play your normal game with a knife in your head, then go for it.
    I surmise from this post that you are, like the rest of us blokes, afraid of your wife's wroth, so therefore lock the computer room door for the night, make HER feel special and then, when this happens in the future she will be more receptive to the idea, without the underlying threats of death and dismemberment.
    Have good one

col