You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

'Away' Etiquette...

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to 'Away' Etiquette...:
    I have just played a sit 'n' go and got to heads up. The opponent timed out (I assume he was disconnected). Now, I was slightly behind in chips at the point he went away. I folded every hand, asked if he had been disconnected and there was no response, even upon his return a few minutes later. So we had been trading blinds back and forth since. Then it happened again, and again I waited for a full ten minutes this time, folding and trading blinds. I'm (obviously) still behind at this point, but after ten minutes the guy has not returned. Now, my question is: what is his grace period for disconnection? I can't just fold his big blind all night. I felt a little bad about it, but I had to finish it off... and by the time I had - about five minutes later - he still had not returned. Should I have continued to wait? What's the unwritten rule here?
    Posted by Slipwater

about 500 people had same dilema 2night
  • edited March 2014
    Anyone saying they wait cant pipe down last night clearly showed what really happens when someone is away ha
  • edited March 2014
    I have twice waited five minutes HU for opponents to return (one was a fellow THS).

Today I was HU & due to SKY's problems, I lost connection for a couple of minutes. By they time I got back my over 2:1 chip lead had gone & I had 1bb left. Obviously my opponent had rushed to get my chips.

Maybe the money meant so much to her that fairness & consideration went out of her head.

Hope the extra few quid makes her life that much better.

Should we have a name & shame list of these people?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: 'Away' Etiquette...:
    In Response to Re: 'Away' Etiquette... : well.....its not me ......... then there`s not many left to guess . ;-) But to answer this question ...My answer would be NO.. (unethical to name) as each to there own as stated within this thread.
    Posted by footsie66
    There could be an agreement to sit out against players that would do the same.
  • edited March 2014

There are exceptions to me sitting out when someone is away. As a rule, if I am heads up, you will get an (unspecified) grace period, but yesterday when I was playing a sit 'n' go it got down to me and this guy who had been... a little, how shall I say it... inflammatory to other players at the table; so when he disconnected, I had no remorse about hammering the raise button immediately.

• edited March 2014
    Well, typically, I was heads up in a SNG this evening with chicknMelt and he kept on getting disconnected. I was behind in chips so there was certainly a great temptation to steal his ones ;)

...however, I did the honourable thing and folded. Blah, blah. Then his connection came back and I lost.

Go figure.

Next time, I'm nicking them ;)

• edited March 2014
    Heheh, on the one hand he's a gent so you want to give him grace; on the other he's a boss so you want to take any edge you can get.

Agree, anyone rude is an instamash.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: 'Away' Etiquette...:
    Well, typically, I was heads up in a SNG this evening with chicknMelt and he kept on getting disconnected. I was behind in chips so there was certainly a great temptation to steal his ones ;) ...however, I did the honourable thing and folded. Blah, blah. Then his connection came back and I lost. Go figure. Next time, I'm nicking them ;)
    Posted by Slipwater

Cheers Slipwater for waiting - true gent. I didnt even get to see the final runout my connection was so bad. Just shoved... hung.... still hung..... oh, i won.

all my tables seem to lag when i go above 9 tables at the moment