You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

It's all over now - time for a proper thank you.

TKO - what fun that was!

It cost none of us a penny-piece to enter, almost everyone entered into it in the right spirit (there were less than a dozen moaners out of 800 players over 5 weeks iirc), & it was as much fun as you can have at a poker table.

To Sky Poker, thanks for the idea, & the £4,000 or so you gave us.

To the players of BOTH Teams, well, we insulted each other up hill & down dale, but it was all in fun. And you know what - we are now real friends because of it. Because our opponents took it & gave it, like grown ups, but just in fun.

It's over now, so the mock insults can stop. The memories will remain, though.

I want one last, & special, thank you, though. Rich Orford - what a big man, what a legend. We abused him something shocking, & he always gave it back with added fun.

He really is my hero.

Anyway, to everyone who took part, on both Teams - wow. Thank you.

We'll do it again soon, but we'll do well to match that.

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Agreed; well said.
    Bring on the next one!
  • edited December 2009
    could not agree with u more tikay well said
  • edited December 2009

+1, Both tikay, and Richard were superb, both can take it, both can dish it out, find me another poker site where you can have as much fun as we do, and get on so well with the presenters/analysts whom I can say I count them amongst my dearest friends, it is an honour and a priveledge, and of course a big thank you to sky for making it all possible

• edited December 2009
    Was great fun

Rich Orford is a legend....he's nearly as good as Johnny Vaughan
  • edited December 2009
    Well put tikay, was imense fun looking forward to hearing details of the enxt one
  • edited December 2009
    Brilliant fun. Thanks Sky, thanks all!
  • edited December 2009
    Was great fun indeed! Enjoyed myself immensely =]

Didn't participate much in the abuse going between each teams but I had a laugh reading it! Rich Orford cracked me up lots with his funny comebacks!!!

Great final game I must say! Suprised myself tbh what with being smallest chip stack coming onto the final table then turning it around!

Big thanks to Tikay for the support in the chat box, appreciate it very muchly =]

Well done to Norbit though... I can't believe that last hand!!!

I now have a £150 and yes 21P!!! bankroll. What a difference a few hours makes ey!

I'm a very happy girl :D hopefully the luck continues (no was blatently skill lol) x

• edited December 2009
    Hi ness. Many congrats,wd
  • edited December 2009
    agreed.. thank you sky!! iv never seen so much fun/hype from a freeroll..

just goes to show its somtimes as important to have fun as to play in the big tournies..

thanks again + and i hope im back to help tikay defend the title!!!
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to It's all over now - time for a proper thank you.:
    TKO - what fun that was! It cost none of us a penny-piece to enter, almost everyone entered into it in the right spirit (there were less than a dozen moaners out of 800 players over 5 weeks iirc), & it was as much fun as you can have at a poker table. To Sky Poker, thanks for the idea, & the £4,000 or so you gave us. To the players of BOTH Teams, well, we insulted each other up hill & down dale, but it was all in fun. And you know what - we are now real friends because of it. Because our opponents took it & gave it, like grown ups, but just in fun. It's over now, so the mock insults can stop. The memories will remain, though. I want one last, & special, thank you, though. Rich Orford - what a big man, what a legend. We abused him something shocking, & he always gave it back with added fun. He really is my hero. Anyway, to everyone who took part, on both Teams - wow. Thank you. We'll do it again soon, but we'll do well to match that.
    Posted by Tikay10

+1  Apart from all the stuff about Orford. He's alright I suppose.

Seriously though what a great great idea and what a lot of fun for all concerned!!

Huge huge KUDOS to both Tikay and Rich for being so accessible and present and vocal during the whole event. A lot of people don't realise just how much of your own personal time and BR you guys invest into this site week after week. 
    I think it says a great deal about your commitment to both the site, the poker and the community. You've been shining examples to me as the new kid in town.

The only downside of the whole thing is that where Orford used to be the whipping boy for everything.. he now has at least 50% of you believing he is a poker god and me and my TKO '5minute wonder' appearances (Which were all part of the plan btw...ish) have ensured that I get the overspill of abuse. Thanks a lot Richard ;)

xxLM
  • edited December 2009
    Great fun enjoyed the banter also learnt an awful lot about the sky community - shame I cant play poker but hey it cost me nothing :)

May not be around for the next one - Tuesday is my tennis match night :(

GL all at the tables.

PS: Tikay did I miss your 65th birthday in September?
  • edited December 2009
    Wholeheartedly agree with everything you said Tikay, its been a tremendous experience and a thorough joy! I don't normally get involved in forums and the like but this event in particular has brought out a side to me that I didn't know I had! I can't stop posting now.... quite annoying really, especially for those reading the nonsense that I write at times! lol I do feel that Lisa Marie should get a big ole mention too though because she has been brilliant throughout and played up to the ribbing as much as you guys! THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!! And of course to Sky for putting up so much money in the name of entertainment! BRILLIANT!
  • edited December 2009

i think every one has covered all the thank yous etc.just like to say had great fun last nite and scrapped in 8th not bad as was short stack and hand dead for last hour.wanted to stay and have banter on finl table but had other half in my ear hole as they do lol so well done all and cheers  tk

• edited December 2009
    totally agree with all that has been said on here.

Tikay - you are a legend mate and im  sure everyone on skypoker and especially the forums appreciate you.

Rich - you will always be our skipper, great guy

ps thanks tikay for inviting me back to burgundy fields for anothr exclusive interview in the new year
  • edited December 2009
    It was great and the memory of all the railers when I won the bounty hunter tourney and the threads of compliments afterwards will stay with me for a very long time!

Cheers Rich, Tikay and all at Sky for a great concept.
  • edited December 2009

I would like to echo what everyone else has said - it was a wonderful concept and the spirit in which the events were played was remarkable.  I'm so pleased I decided to join in - and I enjoyed making the lists - not often I get a chance to produce 'fun' statistics.

I would like to send best wishes for the New Year to everyone at Sky Poker.

Jan x

• edited December 2009
    Everyone has summed it up great,..

..Great vibe throughout whole community with all the threads and banter.

Thanks to Sky and to the 2 leaders Tikay and Rich! Top stuff!
  • edited December 2009
    Just one word BRILLIANT
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: It's all over now - time for a proper thank you.:
    In Response to It's all over now - time for a proper thank you. : +1  Apart from all the stuff about Orford. He's alright I suppose. Seriously though what a great great idea and what a lot of fun for all concerned!! Huge huge  KUDOS to both Tikay and Rich for being so accessible and present and vocal during the whole event. A lot of people don't realise just how much of your own personal time and BR you guys invest into this site week after week.  I think it says a great deal about your commitment to both the site, the poker and the community. You've been shining examples to me as the new kid in town. The only downside of the whole thing is that where Orford used to be the whipping boy for everything.. he now has at least 50% of you believing he is a poker god and me and my TKO '5minute wonder' appearances (Which were all part of the plan btw...ish) have ensured that I get the overspill of abuse. Thanks a lot Richard ;) xxLM
    Posted by LML
    I couldn't agree more, huge respect to both captains for being fantastic in every way! The whole event was one of the most enjoyable and funniest poker experiences I've seen and WOW did it bring the community even more together!
    As for you Lisa well, I think a huge KUDOS must go to you as well. Not only for the effort you put into TKO (just being a pest I know but a great pest :-P), but also like the boys for the unbelievable amount of time and effort you put into being here on the forum and out there on the site playing the low stakes with us. It's always great fun and an absolute pleasure. I applaud you with bucketfuls of cheesy cauliflower dip and cashew nuts.

Truly a top chicka A+++++ !
  • edited December 2009
    I would also like to thank Sky for putting on this great event.
    The games and the inter-team banter was the best.
    All the presenters and analysts that took part put a lot into the games and community.
    As for Tikay and Rich. Awesome.
  • edited January 2010
    Totally enjoyed it all so thank you all for a great time, and now that i've had 2 many shandy's let me add TK - I've always loved you you know, your my favouritist person in the whole wide world hic
  • edited January 2010
    Still radio ga ga but hey happy new year and blady blah blah!!!

TKO was a brilliant concept despite the screwjob that happened in Leg 2 (THE ONE I WON!!!) it was a lot of fun to take part and i'm still open to bribes so i await to hear the propositions offered by both team captains lol!!

Tikay - You know what i think of you and your a legend that has done a lot in the game and promoted the beautiful game to a tee and if those UK poker awards are still going (that are sponsored by a rival company to Skybet) then i honestly do believe that you fully deserve a lifetime achievement award for all the work you have done to promote the game and to promote it with a lot of class and i fully believe the whole community on here will i hope echo my sentiments.

Orford - Even though you support a football team that won't win the championship (Newcastle will lol!) I will NEVER cease to be grateful for the pep talk that won me Leg 2 and what a fine leader of about 24 people you were during the duration of TKO!!!. Also without doubt the greatest host of the Big Breakfast by a country mile and all in all a ruddy top bloke!!!
  • edited January 2010

Had great fun hope to do it all again soon.
                                big thanks to all
                     (hope tk picks me again)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: It's all over now - time for a proper thank you.:
                                       Had great fun hope to do it all again soon.                             big thanks to all                  ( hope tk picks me again )
    Posted by bobbel
    Hi bobbel

You should get a chance to decide who you want to play for.