You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Bank roll management

Hi guys just wondering if you could give me some advise on how to keep a steady bank roll, i rate my self a half decent player, currently i accumilate my bank roll by playing double your money tournements at stake of £10+1, and by playing low stakes MTT. But once i get my bankroll up to a certain limit, i dont seem able to accumilate much more, is it worth cashing in and starting again or changing the type of games i play??

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Depends, Do You play anything else? Cash is generally where the consistant way to win but each to their own. I know there are some successfull DYM players on here that swear by them but to be honest the rake is double what you pay in cash and therefore the effect of paying it hits you harder.

I'd suggest playing low stake cash games until you work out your game then trying to grind that way. Or stick it all on black over in sky vegas and cross your fingers!!!!!  (the alst one's a joke..... Don't EVER do that lol)
  • edited December 2009
    In Response to Re: Bank roll management:
    Depends, Do You play anything else? Cash is generally where the consistant way to win but each to their own. I know there are some successfull DYM players on here that swear by them but to be honest the rake is double what you pay in cash and therefore the effect of paying it hits you harder. I'd suggest playing low stake cash games until you work out your game then trying to grind that way. Or stick it all on black over in sky vegas and cross your fingers!!!!!  (the alst one's a joke..... Don't EVER do that lol)
    Posted by ACESOVER8s
    i have tried low stakes cash tables but there are so many donkeys on there its untrue, u just dont get any respect when u  raise pre flop, then as usual they get lucky and my hole cards are worthless, will give it ago and see where i get thanks for your advise though
  • edited January 2010
    very simular position to yourself, having spent a few months on the DYM tables and probable the same as you found them a bit tedius after awhile, came onto the cash tables a couple of weeks ago but it's a very different game players will call with virtually anything and hope to hit ( no BB timed increass play a big part in this), no bet is big enough to push them off at times but it seems the general consensus is, if you keep playing your hands right in the long run you will come out on top, you just need a much bigger bank roll than you do on DYM but then the rewards are higher and it's a much more enjoyable game, good luck!
  • edited January 2010
    bankroll managment hmmmm , never play a mtt thats more then 2 % ov your bankroll and cash games is 5%  stick to this and you should succseed theres a video with CHRIS FERGUESON about bankroll managment surgest you watch this