You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Download will not work

edited March 2014 in Feedback & Suggestions
There must have been an update in the last couple of days and now I can't get the client to open after the update. I go through the update and when it gets to the adobe air part I get an error saying the application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author. Can anyone help please. I have tried uninstalling both sky poker and adobe air and that didn't work.

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Download will not work:
    There must have been an update in the last couple of days and now I can't get the client to open after the update. I go through the update and when it gets to the adobe air part I get an error saying the application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author. Can anyone help please. I have tried uninstalling both sky poker and adobe air and that didn't work.
    Posted by mm12
    I keep getting the same message and i have tried it on 3 laptops, and 1 was straight out of the box

any help please
    many thanks
  • edited March 2014
    I shall be watching as I have the same, cannot uninstall either?
  • edited March 2014
    yep happened to me 3 months  ago  same error, so have to play thru browser now.
  • edited March 2014
    Ditto here too. Now play through the browser, which, apart from last night, seems to work well.
  • edited March 2014
    After many hours of faffing around I uninstalled everything to do with sky poker and adobe,including adobe muse and reinstalled muse first then adobe air then sky poker and it worked.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi All,

Can anybody confirm if they are experiencing lasting issues with the Download Client not working?

Thanks
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Download will not work:
    Hi All, Can anybody confirm if they are experiencing lasting issues with the Download Client not working? Thanks
    Posted by Sky_SamT
    I can now download the client, thanks
  • edited March 2014
    I had same problem ,but I right clicked mouse and clicked on run as administrator and it downloaded fine 
    Hope this helps
    Iah
  • edited March 2014
    Hi, i have been playing through browser recently as had the same issue but the tables drop occassionally which is annoying. Just de-installed and re-installed and am getting the same error again

"The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author".
  • edited March 2014
    I contacted Support Team and if you delete browsing history and temp internet files, and then try the download again using a different browser and it worked first time (i was using Chrome which didn't work)