You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Next UKOPS?

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
I have a feeling dates and schedule will be announced this week.
Hope I'm right.
#loveukops

Comments

• edited March 2014
    usually easter time i think, ftops, winamax series and ukops all within a month, good times!!!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Next UKOPS?:
    usually easter time i think, ftops, winamax series and ukops all within a month, good times!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Going to hair a lok at winamax, Been told its super soft so maybe even me, myself and I may do well on there
  • edited March 2014
    Wow just checked out the WiNAMX series.
    Sick schedule, structures an great prize pools for buy ins
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Next UKOPS? : Going to hair a lok at winamax, Been told its super soft so maybe even me, myself and I may do well on there
    Posted by macapaca
    softer than sky and that takes some doing, the french must be the worst poker players in the world!!!
  • edited March 2014
    plus stars.fr scoop and mftops
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Next UKOPS?:
    I have a feeling dates and schedule will be announced this week. Hope I'm right. #loveukops
    Posted by macapaca
    Not a bad judge, Mr Maca of the Paca.

The next UKOPS Schedule is HERE

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Next UKOPS? : Not a bad judge, Mr Maca of the Paca. The next UKOPS Schedule is HERE  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Really! !!!

You're going to let a "the French are rubbish" comment slide? 

Must be going soft in your old age :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Next UKOPS? : Really! !!! You're going to let a "the French are rubbish" comment slide?  Must be going soft in your old age :)
    Posted by Jac35
    Lol, don't start me off.

I must have seen SkyPoker/Ladbrokes/insertanysiteyoulike is the softest site on the net, & French/Spanish/Russian players are all useless more times than enough. I just try & turn the other cheek now. (See also, the SkyPoker/Ladbrokes/'Stars river card always gets you).

It's the Emperor's Suit of Clothes, always has been. Folks are scared to say what they think, in case they get mocked by the Shouty Brigade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

If SkyPoker/Winamax were that that soft, or Spanish/French players that bad, we'd all be millionaires by now. We would.

Ooh, lets all go play on Sky Poker & Winamax, the games are soft there.

Really?

Do the Charlie Munger thing, the obverse trick.

It is very easy to win money on Sky Poker. The standard of play is so bad.

It is very hard to win money on PokerStars. The standard of play is so good.

Now extend the logic train.

So, where shall we all play, eh? The tough site, or the easy site. I know, let's all play the tough site.

Where would all the savvy players play, if Sky Poker or Winamax were so soft? And why do so many play on 'Stars, where, it is universally believed that it is very hard to win?

It's much the same everywhere. If it were not, everyone would be on the "soft" sites.

It's been debated on every Poker Forum on earth 17 zillion-squillion times, for 9 quillion years, but nobody has yet produced a shred of credible evidence.

I raise.  

PS - now look, you've started me off. I'll be seething all afternoon now. Seething.  
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Next UKOPS? : Not a bad judge, Mr Maca of the Paca. The next UKOPS Schedule is HERE  
    Posted by Tikay10

What !
    No Omaha !
    pfft
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Next UKOPS? : Lol, don't start me off. I must have seen SkyPoker/Ladbrokes/insertanysiteyoulike is the softest site on the net , & French/Spanish/Russian players are all useless more times than enough. I just try & turn the other cheek now. (See also, the SkyPoker/Ladbrokes/'Stars river card always gets you ). It's the Emperor's Suit of Clothes, always has been. Folks are scared to say what they think, in case they get mocked by the Shouty Brigade.   http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes If SkyPoker/Winamax were that that soft, or Spanish/French players that bad, we'd all be millionaires by now. We would. Ooh, lets all go play on Sky Poker & Winamax, the games are soft there. Really? Do the Charlie Munger thing, the obverse trick.   It is very easy to win money on Sky Poker. The standard of play is so bad. It is very hard to win money on PokerStars. The standard of play is so good. Now extend the logic train. So, where shall we all play, eh? The tough site, or the easy site. I know, let's all play the tough site. Where would all the savvy players play, if Sky Poker or Winamax were so soft? And why do so many play on 'Stars, where, it is universally believed that it is very hard to win? It's much the same everywhere. If it were not, everyone would be on the "soft" sites.   It's been debated on every Poker Forum on earth 17 zillion-squillion times, for 9 quillion years, but nobody has yet produced a shred of credible evidence. I raise.   PS - now look, you've started me off. I'll be seething all afternoon now. Seething .  
    Posted by Tikay10

Stars IS tougher than most other sites IMO. the rest, are probably very similar.

The reason I think they have most of the grinders anyway though is that they offer better rakeback deals than anywhere else, they have traffic all day every day in almost any game type, prize pools and glory is bigger. Alot of poker players over rate their ability, so maybe they dont care that the fields are tougher!

a good example is the SNGs. on stars, buy into a $15 SNG and probably at least half of the players are regs and the standard is mostly very good. compare that to a £11 SNG on sky - there are few regs, and the standard is very mixed - there are a few solid semi regs, and some not so solid semi regs + a spattering of players that seem to play completely at random. Obv I would rather play on sky given the choice, but I'll probably only get 10 games in a day (Standard SNGs, not DYMs), whereas on Stars I could play as many tables as I want, for as long as I want.

when I was offered a staking deal they wanted me to play on stars because of the rakeback and 24/7 tourneys.

If you look at alot of the big time players graphs on stars, they are not as impressive as on other sites.

so in conclusion, i dont agree, stars is tougher imo. They obviously do enough to keep their grinders (supernova status it pretty benefitial I believe) despite the tougher fields.

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Next UKOPS? : What ! No Omaha ! pfft
    Posted by VespaPX

yeah I'm with you here... all bounty hunters, rebuys and freezouts too.

Love UKOPS, but would like to see a wee bit more variety

what about Omaha, Omaha Hi/lo, steal the button, shoutouts, HU tourneys, mixed holdem/omaha etc
  • edited March 2014
    shame they cant add a couple of omaha events to the festival to keep the omaha lovers happy, could never run as a main but could run a smaller buy in event alongside it, im a novice at omaha myself but the couple of times i have played its been quite enjoyable so id even have a go myself.
  • edited March 2014
    yeah I agree I loved the steal the button and 3max mtts and would also play omaha even though i`m terrible but it`s a game even wen i`m losing I still enjoy it :)
  • edited March 2014
    Love UKOPS, tough to please everyone though. I would of liked to see a bigger guarentee on the main event though. Don't think there has ever been an overlay? So it would of definitely been worth making the main event a £40,000-£50,000 guarentee. 

As for Stars, my friend is a high stakes reg there & he cleans up. It isn't that tough, trust me. I've seen his hand histories!