You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tonights £110 Super Roller

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat
Got to be honest, somewhat nervous about entering tonight.

Played Fridays £33 tournament and benefitted from being one of the few players not disconnected by the site. Because of this, i managed to move my crippled stack up to a respectable 14th spot by the time the tournament was closed, recieving £100 + for my efforts.

Saturday, i was in the Primo but had exited before the reoccurance of the previous nights issues. Because i had already left the tourny i do not know whether the Primo was stopped and ended by the problem, or rather paused and then recontinued with affected players (players who returned to far smaller stacks than they had at point of ejection), basically told to suck it up and play on from their new position.

Thats £88 over two nights, with potential £110 investment tonight. Plus tonights tournament will be populated by the "Sunday Grinders" from across the online poker world so a failure of software tonight will be noticed by serious players across the industry.

That being the case, I think Sky would be wise to announce in advance, what they will do if we get a 3rd repetition. Personally, I think creating a situation where players have to continue a tournament where for any substantial period of time, half the field have been frozen out, while the rest of the field happily steal blinds and improve their spot, is unacceptable. If it happens tonight i think the tournament should be immediately paused, so ALL players are stopped, so that on return the positions of players are as unaffected as it is possible to be. Or, if Sky can't do that with the software, then the tournament should be immediately stopped and all players refunded their entry fee, wherever they are in the field at that time. As to the payout in that situation, i do not advise what Sky should do, BUT i do think we should be advised IN ADVANCE what payout decision WILL be taken.

£110 is a fairly big chunk of money to me, if i am going to throw it away I'd rather it be my decision(ie pushing 22s into KKs on a 3,4,5 board), than seeing a 4,000 stack turned into a 1,200 stack and effectively being told "them's the breaks"

memfno

Comments

• edited March 2014
    You won't be the only one nervous. Agree with you though, some sort of announcement would be reassuring prior to the tournament incase the site crashes again
  • edited March 2014
    Ditto to the above memfo. In all fairness i had no problems over both the nights as i was able to continue playing.
  • edited March 2014
    Yeah i was going to start a thread about this, unless sky can actually guarantee there will be no problems tonight and that the bug has been fixed then im going to give the site a miss, nit only is it a lot of money to stake its also very very frustrating when the tournament pauses especially on nights like fri/sat/sun when there is a load of money to be made. until they can guarantee the fixes il be playing elsewhere.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi guys,

We've been working through the night and today to find the root cause to prevent this from happening again.
    We believe we're making progress and hope to update you later this afternoon.

Regards
    Lee