You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

An Update On This Weekend's Issues So Far And What We Are Doing About It

edited March 2014 in Poker Chat

Hi All,

Firstly and from everyone here at sky poker we would like to thank you all for your patience over a difficult weekend and assure you all that we are doing everything possible for a smooth run this evening with our poker software. 

As many of you will be aware we started having problems on Friday night around 8.30pm, which resulted in the majority of tournaments and sit and go’s being cancelled and refunded by the time our technical team restored service at around 11pm.

On Saturday night at around 9pm we had a recurrence of the same problem.  We took steps to try to pause gameplay and attempt to resolve the issues as quickly as possible so that you could all resume playing. Unfortunately after continued periods of instability we made the decision to again cancel and refund all tournaments and sit and go’s and restored the service around 00:15 Sunday morning.

Our technical teams have continued to work throughout the day to try to prevent any reoccurrence of these issues this evening ahead of the £20,000 Super Roller.

This afternoon at approximately 3.55pm, we suffered 3 short network issues which will have affected all players on site at the time. This was completely unrelated to the issues from the previous 2 evenings and completely out of our control, but we appreciate from your perspective this has and will affect your confidence for this evening.

The service the last 2 evenings has been below the standard we set and expect go r Sky poker. Your ongoing patience is truly appreciated as our technical teams work to resolve these issues. 

On the subject of refunds, we have done our best to refund everyone affected in as fair a way as possible and as quickly as possible, but we are fully commited to making things right. So if you don’t feel you have been refunded correctly then please get in touch with our customer care team and they will assist you. As you will appreciate they have been incredibly busy over the last few days, so I would ask for your patience in their response

I am happy to personally answer any questions you may have on this thread, I will do my best to respond in a timely fashion, but I would ask for your ongoing patience. 

Once again apologies from the whole team at sky poker, for a difficult weekend so far.

Regards

Adam H

Product Manager

Comments

• edited March 2014
    Has the problem you have had for the last 2 nights been fixed?? if not then why would you continue to run the site?? surely losing 1 or 2 days profits is a much better idea than losing hundreds/thousdands of loyal customers
  • edited March 2014
    A quick update on what we are doing tonight

We have an improvement which we will make shortly as part of our efforts to ensure a stable service this evening.

We will be pausing all gameplay for 5 minutes at approximately 18:45, all tables should unpause and resume play at around 18:50

This pausing is not a sign of the issues seen over the weekend, but necessary to make our change.

Apologies for the inconvenience this may cause

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    I think everyone can accept issues can and will happen, and the test is really how these things are managed and communicated.

The sceptics among us are going to link the Friday and Saturday night outages with today's 'network problems', and of course there will nervousness for tonight.

It's not massively reassuring that nobody seems to know the cause of the problems over the past couple of nights, but I appreciate the honesty and the work being done by forum mods and sky employees to at least merge things together and to stay in touch and give advice.

All the best with the resolution.
  • edited March 2014
    Why not 18.55 so it coincides with scheduled break?????
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: An Update On This Weekend's Issues So Far And What We Are Doing About It:
    Has the problem you have had for the last 2 nights been fixed?? if not then why would you continue to run the site?? surely losing 1 or 2 days profits is a much better idea than losing hundreds/thousdands of loyal customers
    Posted by jordz16
    Hi Jordz,

I appreciate your thoughts and we have been considering all options. Our technical team have made a number of changes since last night to attempt to prevent a reoccurrance of what happened for the last 2 evenings.

There is no evidence at this moment in time that we will have the same problems tonight, the matter has been made more complicated this afternoon by the network blips, which were completely unrelated.

Currently we are continuing to monitor the site and as i mentioned previously we are committed to doing everything in our powers to create a smooth experience later this evening as the site becomes busier.

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: An Update On This Weekend's Issues So Far And What We Are Doing About It:
    Posted by jordz16
    and losing thousands of pounds
  • edited March 2014
    maybe have a pause every hour make sure its fine wud tht help?
  • edited March 2014
    Any idea when we are getting going again?
  • edited March 2014
    mine didnt unpause and was still taken chips off me and i was up there with the most chips disappointed tbh
  • edited March 2014
    I reggd for the £12 roller direct approx 10 mins ago.  When the table loaded it came up with a message saying the game was currently paused and I wasn't yet shown as seated.  However it then got to 6.55pm and my table still hadn't started.  I closed the table down and read this read - but when I've just reopened my table it shows me as having already lost 120 chips and as being "away".  Luckily for me the break has kicked in for 5 mins or I would have been blinded away while waiting for the table to be "unpaused".

I appreciate that computer errors are difficult to diagnose and to fix - but at the minute I'm feeling like a guinea pig.  I've just this second had a message pop up to say game in now unpaused - but like I said I've already been in play without knowing it and to me - either a game in on pause for all - or for none.
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Simon,

Whilst i appreciate that it would have been a better experience for all MTT players to have waited another 10 minutes, this was something which had to be done immediately.

This is an important step for what we are trying to do to ensure a smooth service throughout the evening

Adam

• edited March 2014
    Thanks for the update Adam, Although some of us are fraustrated and a little upset im sure i can speak for the majority of us when i thank you and your team for attempting to fix the problem and keeping us updated regularly. 

Fingers cross that the gremlins dont hit us tonight. :-)
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Everyone,

Play has now been unpaused, you may need to refresh the table if you are playing via a web browser (left click on the table with your mouse and then hit F5 on the top of your keyboard), or close and reopen the table if playing through our download client in order to resume play.

I appreciate this is another poor experience as we continue to maintain stability.

Adam

• edited March 2014
    i agree ... i have lost money  and patience In Response to Re: An Update On This Weekend's Issues So Far And What We Are Doing About It:
    Posted by jordz16
  • edited March 2014
    Had it on pause in blissful ignorance until I thought I'd reload just in case...to discover it had started and I'd missed the first eight hands. :(
  • edited March 2014

I was playing a dym when the game paused with 4 players left the game didn't reopen. Whats goin on?

• edited March 2014
    Any idea when we are getting going again?
    Posted by cmcd
    #

Hi Cmcd,

We did resume play at 6.55pm but you may have had to reload your table, hopefully you are back playing again now.

best wishes

Adam

• edited March 2014
    Hi,

I contacted CS twice this afternoon regarding the network issues. Once when it initially started and once after my tables completely crashed and I had to try to reload SkyPoker (And couldn't get it to load up). I was in the middle of a bounty hunter when these issues occurred. The last (and longest one) saw my chipstack dwindle from nearly 5000 to less than 3500 due to the fact I couldn't play. I have no idea what other cards/potential chips I lost with the earlier issues. I stated that I was fairly deep (within the last 19) although not yet itm. Shortly after I finally managed to get back on line I was forced to make all in moves (due to my loss in chips relative to blinds) and subsequently busted. I suggested that all players who were still in the tournament BEFORE the first crash issue should be refunded and she said that any compensation would be sorted tomorrow.
    I guess I'm really just asking for clarification as to whether or not I will receive a refund as the site went down all 3 times whilst I was still active and imo definitely impacted on my potential result. I would certainly hope this would be the case (along with all other players) and that you could in some way ensure me that this will happen. I really apprecriate the efforts you are taking and understand that you could not have forseen this but hope you can see my point of view.

Regards
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Drew, irishrose, brrrr and robalanxxx 

I'm sorry if you were affected after the pause/unpause at ~ 6.45pm. Some players may have needed to refresh their tables in order to resume play which we communicated via a lobby message.

Our customer care team are on hand to assist you if this affected you, so please do get in touch with them.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited March 2014
    Hi, I contacted CS twice this afternoon regarding the network issues. Once when it initially started and once after my tables completely crashed and I had to try to reload SkyPoker (And couldn't get it to load up). I was in the middle of a bounty hunter when these issues occurred. The last (and longest one) saw my chipstack dwindle from nearly 5000 to less than 3500 due to the fact I couldn't play. I have no idea what other cards/potential chips I lost with the earlier issues. I stated that I was fairly deep (within the last 19) although not yet itm. Shortly after I finally managed to get back on line I was forced to make all in moves (due to my loss in chips relative to blinds) and subsequently busted. I suggested that all players who were still in the tournament BEFORE the first crash issue should be refunded and she said that any compensation would be sorted tomorrow. I guess I'm really just asking for clarification as to whether or not I will receive a refund as the site went down all 3 times whilst I was still active and imo definitely impacted on my potential result. I would certainly hope this would be the case (along with all other players) and that you could in some way ensure me that this will happen. I really apprecriate the efforts you are taking and understand that you could not have forseen this but hope you can see my point of view. Regards
    Posted by freshfish1

Hi Freshfish,

I've just spoken to our customer care team and your refund should now be in your account, so please check your balance.

We will do our best to put things right.

Adam

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: An Update On This Weekend's Issues So Far And What We Are Doing About It : Hi Freshfish, I've just spoken to our customer care team and your refund should now be in your account, so please check your balance. We will do our best to put things right. Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Very similar situation to me in the £2000 pound mini primo ? But was told your not refunding if you bust out .... 
    The constant outages lost me some blinds and was a constant source of frustration for over a hour.  Would be grateful for a clarification of the refund policy .......    
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Coops & Phil,

The vast majority were settled automatically, our policy beyond that is to deal with it case by case and be as fair as possible.

I've spoken to our customer care team and this should now be resolved, so please check your accounts

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited March 2014
    Hi Coops & Phil, The vast majority were settled automatically, our policy beyond that is to deal with it case by case and be as fair as possible. I've spoken to our customer care team and this should now be resolved, so please check your accounts Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Thank you,  very good service and quick reply ! 
  • edited March 2014
    I will be signing off now , as we have passed our peak tonight with no repeat of the issues from the last 2 evenings.

I will respond to any further questions in the morning.

Our technical team will continue to monitor this evening and we will continue our work tomorrow to do everything we can to ensure a stable service for you to continue to enjoy your poker with us.

Thank you again for everyones understanding this weekend and apologies again to all of you who were affected.

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    Have been out tonight since earlier post. Many thanks adam for sorting it really quickly. Lets hope the technical issues are ok from now on as i enjoy playing here:)
  • edited March 2014
    Hi,  just like to say thanks to the customer care team for sorting my refunds out promptly, great customer services.. In the 3yrs ive played on this  site ive never experienced a weekend like this, but its good to know that sky took responablity and  refunded everyone effected.. It has restored my faith in sky to know that if this problem ever occurs again my money is safe, well done to all sky staff who handled a very difficult weekend really well... looking forward to hopefully a trouble free night of poker tonight thanks again....
  • edited March 2014
    Still having issues, was playing 4 tables and then 2 of them just stopped working. This was about 20 min ago. You have always been very fair with me so wont be calling you rotten but I don't want to commit to anything on the site until the issues are sorted
    Bill