You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RAKE

hi all

just wanted to see if anybody else is a little annoyed that were being robbed of so much more money through rake than almost all other sites at micro stakes?

sky taking 7.5% rake is crazy, i like the site but it has so many software flaws that we all deal with to keep the traffic on sky as good as it can be.

sites like stars who have rake at under 5% some under 4%, ultimate poker is one of the newest sites in the US and they take less rake than sky.

just wanted to hear a good answer as to why you cannot lower the rake at the low limits as people are playing their because of their small bankroll's and such a ridiculous amount of rake makes it that much harder to turn a profit

thanks

Comments

• edited June 2014
    would have been cool if anybody had responded.

nobody else care that we are losing 7.5% on every pot with no cap?
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: RAKE:
    would have been cool if anybody had responded. nobody else care that we are losing 7.5% on every pot with no cap?
    Posted by cash123
    The rake is outrageous at the micros.

Sub £1 games are pretty much unbeatable due to rake.

Hyper HU rake is in no way competetive at ANY level.  and sky place a juicy premium on popular formats like low stakes DYMs and bounty hunters. Cash is similarly bad. Ive withdrawn pretty much my whole bankroll from the site and cant see myself putting any volume in here due to the rake on games. Plenty of people do like the games and dont mind the rake, so I doubt sky care.

Simple answer is to play elsewhere.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: RAKE : The rake is outrageous at the micros. Sub £1 games are pretty much unbeatable due to rake. Hyper HU rake is in no way competetive at ANY level.  and sky place a juicy premium on popular formats like low stakes DYMs and bounty hunters. Cash is similarly bad. Ive withdrawn pretty much my whole bankroll from the site and cant see myself putting any volume in here due to the rake on games. Plenty of people do like the games and dont mind the rake, so I doubt sky care. Simple answer is to play elsewhere.
    Posted by TeddyBloat
    i like the site and the games, and have enjoyed playing on it in the 2yrs ive been here.
    it does make the micro's harder to be worth the time you put in.
    id love to see a response from a sky rep on this matter! please value your customer base by putting a reasonable and average level of rake (4-5%) we would appreciate it!
  • edited June 2014
    Can not compare stars etc to sky.

Do you watch live show? Watch dedicated channel, cost money to run that 5 hours 3 tines a week plus all the planning.

Long as playing within your means you shoukd not worry too much about that and not ket it deflect fro. Your game
  • edited June 2014
    Can not compare stars etc to sky. Do you watch live show? Watch dedicated channel, cost money to run that 5 hours 3 tines a week plus all the planning. Long as playing within your means you shoukd not worry too much about that and not ket it deflect fro. Your game
    Posted by Nuggy962
    doesnt make u feel any better at 7.5% rake when the flop comes AQ10, your sat there with KJ, goes all in 3 ways, and everyone has KJ.....
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: RAKE : doesnt make u feel any better at 7.5% rake when the flop comes AQ10, your sat there with KJ, goes all in 3 ways, and everyone has KJ.....
    Posted by cash123
    i dont think sky rakes on a split pot... dont know STEWARDS please
  • edited June 2014
    Yes they do, and of course in Omaha Hi-Low when the majority of pots are split the rake becomes very difficult to beat, even if you are a very accomplished player.