You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ryan going well in EPT Vienna

2»

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ryan going well in EPT Vienna:
    So he's locked up €8700 at the mo, and 1st prize is €817,000!
    Posted by Lambert180

Sam Trickett has been eliminated too, which means his table will be a bit easier!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ryan going well in EPT Vienna : Sam Trickett has been eliminated too, which means his table will be a bit easier!
    Posted by Sky_Dave

Ryan knocked him out !
  • edited March 2014
    Is it possible to watch Ryan's table?  I'm thinking he has been moved as Jonny Lodden on feature table but no sign of Ryan's pearly whites.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: Ryan going well in EPT Vienna : Ryan knocked him out !
    Posted by VespaPX
    Sick brag Spittles!
  • edited March 2014
    At the last break Ryan was at 400k and running 17th
  • edited March 2014
    He is on 230k which is plenty and he's happy with the table change so all os good in the Spittles world. 
  • edited March 2014
    Couple of updates from Ryan....

"Open TT to 11k, BB peels. Flop 644, bet 10k, he calls. Turn 3 ck ck. River 8, he bets 25k and I call. Down to 180k. Villain had 44"

• edited March 2014
    Next hand....

"Next hand open TT again, BTN peels, SB jams 18bb. bB tank rejams 20bb and I fold. SB AA BB JJ J high flop. Feels like a freeroll as was calling either of them and woulda been down to 15bb"
  • edited March 2014
    Nicely dodged bullets there, could easily have lost more on that hand when opponent flopped quads!!
  • edited March 2014

Last level went a bit wrong - on 180k now with blinds at 3/6k/1ka - déjà vu of Barcelona!

• edited March 2014
    Nicely dodged bullets there, could easily have lost more on that hand when opponent flopped quads!!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Yeah fair play to him, as I told him, I'm on the plane back home by now, probably lol
  • edited March 2014
    Just heard he's out :(

Ul Ryan.  Nice deep run though and congrats on the cash.
  • edited March 2014
    He is Mr Consistent, vwp tho mate! 
  • edited March 2014
    Gl today to Tim Davie who has made it through to day 4 with over a 400k stack.
  • edited March 2014
    Tim is on the feature table which can be watched live online right now, good luck that man!

#Seagulls!
  • edited March 2014
    Tim Davie out, 48th I think.

Took on the table's most aggresive player with AQs, ran into KK, no help.
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks once again for all the support.  Been close to a big score a few times now and its gutting everytime I bust.

The rush of these big tournies is huge tho, and also just because of the BI it doesn't mean that all the players are sickos.  Very interesting some of the plays in a 5k event.  This is my 4th 5k EPT now, and there is usually 1 or 2 guys giving it away along with 2/3 very, very solid regs who are scared money who you can pile pressure on especially early on - certainly on day 1.

I played 3 tables on day 3 and rather interestingly I played my best poker on my 1st one which was a really horrible table.  Everyone was a confirmed boss.  The German players were going to war with each other every hand.  David Vamplew had a short stack but grinded it to the cash; Fabrice Soulier is a very good French player who did the same, the Estonian guy was solid and Trickett had an absurd cooler to put him down to a 'bowl'.  

I'm really happy with how I played on that table as I got thru 2 cold 4 bets with not very good hands from the SB v the Germans.

San Remo in 2 weeks so hopefully I can make it there to give it another shot.
  • edited March 2014
    Thanks once again for all the support.  Been close to a big score a few times now and its gutting everytime I bust. The rush of these big tournies is huge tho, and also just because of the BI it doesn't mean that all the players are sickos.  Very interesting some of the plays in a 5k event.  This is my 4th 5k EPT now, and there is usually 1 or 2 guys giving it away along with 2/3 very, very solid regs who are scared money who you can pile pressure on especially early on - certainly on day 1. I played 3 tables on day 3 and rather interestingly I played my best poker on my 1st one which was a really horrible table.  Everyone was a confirmed boss.  The German players were going to war with each other every hand.  David Vamplew had a short stack but grinded it to the cash; Fabrice Soulier is a very good French player who did the same, the Estonian guy was solid and Trickett had an absurd cooler to put him down to a 'bowl'.   I'm really happy with how I played on that table as I got thru 2 cold 4 bets with not very good hands from the SB v the Germans. San Remo in 2 weeks so hopefully I can make it there to give it another shot.
    Posted by scotty77

99% of us live our poker dream life through you Ryan .. ;o)  So keep up the good work