You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near?

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
I have been hearing rumours that there will be very few SPT's running this year due to lack of interest and the ever increasing power of Stars?

I know Sky was trying to get some big names on board from the pro circuit and failed as Pokerstars trumped them, also stealing one of out beloved presenters! 

I hope it is not true that because the site is loosings volume vs last year and Pokerstars ups its tv coverage that the only live events us rec players can go to as members of sky start getting trashed? This time last year we were deep into SPT's with more scheduled. 

Do you think Sky needs to push to finally get satellites up and running for the main events in the poker world like EPT and world series?  Other sites do this and this is really pushing numbers up - I played for a few weeks and the guarantees are crazy! they always get smashed and top prizes for a £20 buy in is upwards of £10k!   

Hope rumours are false and there is something planned for the very near future - online poker is great but live is the best!!

Comments

• edited March 2014
  • edited March 2014
    Bore off yeah.
  • edited March 2014
    I must have time on my hands.
    I have just looked back at your previous posts. You don't seem to be a huge fan of Sky.
    Perhaps best if you play somewhere else where you can enjoy the game more.
    Good luck
  • edited March 2014
    Awful post for numerous reasons. Basically just a load of heresay and garbage.
  • edited March 2014
    Sky have had WSOP sats in the past. 

No site bar stars will ever run sats for EPT's while Stars hold rights to the EPT. 

SPTs are not in any competition with any stars comp. 

Going H2H with pokerstars is just a bad idea for 99% of sites at present. 

As for other live events, i struggle to see what sky could do, they would have to have a very exclussive deal to get a live sat, most live venues also have a skin somewhere, thus any event that doesnt have a sky poker sponsor will be very awkward for sky to do sats for. 

• edited March 2014
    sky is by far the easiest site to navigate and fing games to play, the players are friendly and helpfull, As for the 'bigger sites' i dont think they look after there customers anywhere near as well as sky.

• edited March 2014
    Your posts make no sense, Sky is dying?

Sky is bigger than ever
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near?:
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    have too agree with you(sigh)

sky is a great growing site the amount of new players joining is great and making the site all the better.

was the sky poker championship not a very succsesful event that surpassed its expectations?

sky meet the needs of the majority of players and in my eyes strive too continually improve and get better at what they do. and then you have too also remember the player pool sky deal with i.e they don,t have american or european players so what more do u expect?

come on sky just put on a £100.000 gtd with a £11 buy in thats how it works ffs get a grip and if sky is so bad im sure i wont be the last too say go elsewhere
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : have too agree with you(sigh) sky is a great growing site the amount of new players joining is great and making the site all the better. was the sky poker championship not a very succsesful event that surpassed its expectations? sky meet the needs of the majority of players and in my eyes strive too continually improve and get better at what they do. and then you have too also remember the player pool sky deal with i.e they don,t have american or european players so what more do u expect? come on sky just put on a £100.000 gtd with a £11 buy in thats how it works ffs get a grip and if sky is so bad im sure i wont be the last too say go elsewhere
    Posted by churchy18
    Ah come on Churchy, are we not friends again now? ;)

Just realised my double, unintentional music reference above. Def prefer Garbage to Hearsay mind.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Ah come on Churchy, are we not friends again now? ;) Just realised my double, unintentional music reference above. Def prefer Garbage to Hearsay mind.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    best friends forever mate

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrby-9U2TYE

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6inwzOooXRU
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yeah pure and simple!! ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near?:
    I have been hearing rumours that there will be very few SPT's running this year due to lack of interest and the ever increasing power of Stars? I know Sky was trying to get some big names on board from the pro circuit and failed as Pokerstars trumped them, also stealing one of out beloved presenters!  I hope it is not true that because the site is loosings volume vs last year and Pokerstars ups its tv coverage that the only live events us rec players can go to as members of sky start getting trashed? This time last year we were deep into SPT's with more scheduled.  Do you think Sky needs to push to finally get satellites up and running for the main events in the poker world like EPT and world series?  Other sites do this and this is really pushing numbers up - I played for a few weeks and the guarantees are crazy! they always get smashed and top prizes for a £20 buy in is upwards of £10k!    Hope rumours are false and there is something planned for the very near future - online poker is great but live is the best!!
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Methinks you are being mischievious (again....) Mr Nuggy.

There is no lack of interest in SPT's, every single one, ever, beat it's Guarantee.

There is no connection or correlation between 'Stars & SPT's Live Events, none whatsoever.

Sky were trying to get some "big names" on board from the Pro circuit? No they were not. None, zilch, nada. 

'Stars stole a beloved (Sky Poker) Presenter. Mr James Hartigan? James worked for 'Stars BEFORE & throughout his time with Sky Poker. Sky Poker were privileged to have him, but his main employer was always 'Stars. 

Sky Poker is "loosing" market share v Pokerstars? No it is not. 'Stars is a zillion times bigger, & deservedly, it serves the entire world. But it is not gaining market share from Sky Poker.

No Live Events? The Sky Poker UKPC was a stnning success, by any yardstick, & was universally acclaimed by players, Media, & industry alike. Sky Poker will announce any future plans it has for Live Poker in due course. 

EPT Satellites? Why on earth would Sky Poker ever want to run satellites to the EPT? It would be commercial lunacy. In any case, Stars would not permit it, even if Sky Poker wanted to. And they don't. 

Live poker is the best? Well on that, we agree, yes, Live Poker is the greatest. But it's nothing like as convenient as Online Poker, the vast majority of us have to get up for work in the morning, don't want to travel to a Tourney on a wet Tuesday night, bust out first hand, then drive home again, when we can play online in our bra & panties, & enter another MTT the moment we bust out. Whatever Online Site we choose to play on - & there is huge choice -  we can & do play as & when we want, we don't have to make an excuse to the other half, & leave him/her to put the baby to bed. So yeah, Live Poker is great, & most of us adore it, but the reality is, Online is the format of choice for it's sheer convenience & choice. Which explains why Online Poker Trafic is 1,000's of times bigger than Live Poker. Every night of the year.     
  • ommomm
    edited March 2014
    In Response to No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Methinks you are being mischievious (again....) Mr Nuggy. There is no lack of interest in SPT's, every single one, ever, beat it's Guarantee. There is no connection or correlation between 'Stars & SPT's Live Events, none whatsoever.   Sky were trying to get some "big names" on board from the Pro circuit ? No they were not. None, zilch, nada.  'Stars stole a beloved (Sky Poker) Present er. Mr James Hartigan? James worked for 'Stars BEFORE & throughout his time with Sky Poker. Sky Poker were privileged to have him, but his main employer was always 'Stars.  Sky Poker is "loosing" market share v Pokerstars ? No it is not. 'Stars is a zillion times bigger, & deservedly, it serves the entire world. But it is not gaining market share from Sky Poker.   No Live Events? The Sky Poker UKPC was a stnning success, by any yardstick, & was universally acclaimed by players, Media, & industry alike. Sky Poker will announce any future plans it has for Live Poker in due course.    EPT Satellites? Why on earth would Sky Poker ever want to run satellites to the EPT? It would be commercial lunacy. In any case, Stars would not permit it, even if Sky Poker wanted to. And they don't.  Live poker is the best? Well on that, we agree, yes, Live Poker is the greatest. But it's nothing like as convenient as Online Poker, the vast majority of us have to get up for work in the morning, don't want to travel to a Tourney on a wet Tuesday night, bust out first hand, then drive home again, when we can play online in our bra & panties, & enter another MTT the moment we bust out. Whatever Online Site we choose to play on - & there is huge choice -  we can & do play as & when we want, we don't have to make an excuse to the other half, & leave him/her to put the baby to bed. So yeah, Live Poker is great, & most of us adore it, but the reality is, Online is the format of choice for it's sheer convenience & choice. Which explains why Online Poker Trafic is 1,000's of times bigger than Live Poker. Every night of the year.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Booooom, that Ladies and Gentlemen is what you call a proper response. Deals with every point in a timely and plain English fashion. What would Sky do without the young fella. Well done Tikay. 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Methinks you are being mischievious (again....) Mr Nuggy. There is no lack of interest in SPT's, every single one, ever, beat it's Guarantee. There is no connection or correlation between 'Stars & SPT's Live Events, none whatsoever.   Sky were trying to get some "big names" on board from the Pro circuit ? No they were not. None, zilch, nada.  'Stars stole a beloved (Sky Poker) Present er. Mr James Hartigan? James worked for 'Stars BEFORE & throughout his time with Sky Poker. Sky Poker were privileged to have him, but his main employer was always 'Stars.  Sky Poker is "loosing" market share v Pokerstars ? No it is not. 'Stars is a zillion times bigger, & deservedly, it serves the entire world. But it is not gaining market share from Sky Poker.   No Live Events? The Sky Poker UKPC was a stnning success, by any yardstick, & was universally acclaimed by players, Media, & industry alike. Sky Poker will announce any future plans it has for Live Poker in due course.    EPT Satellites? Why on earth would Sky Poker ever want to run satellites to the EPT? It would be commercial lunacy. In any case, Stars would not permit it, even if Sky Poker wanted to. And they don't.  Live poker is the best? Well on that, we agree, yes, Live Poker is the greatest. But it's nothing like as convenient as Online Poker, the vast majority of us have to get up for work in the morning, don't want to travel to a Tourney on a wet Tuesday night, bust out first hand, then drive home again, when we can play online in our bra & panties, & enter another MTT the moment we bust out. Whatever Online Site we choose to play on - & there is huge choice -  we can & do play as & when we want, we don't have to make an excuse to the other half, & leave him/her to put the baby to bed. So yeah, Live Poker is great, & most of us adore it, but the reality is, Online is the format of choice for it's sheer convenience & choice. Which explains why Online Poker Trafic is 1,000's of times bigger than Live Poker. Every night of the year.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    This.
  • edited March 2014
    I'm going to be mischievous.

Can I ask why a thread I started about SPT's got moved but this one remains in poker chat?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Booooom, that Ladies and Gentlemen is what you call a proper response. Deals with every point in a timely and plain English fashion. What would Sky do without the young fella. Well done Tikay. 
    Posted by omm

• edited March 2014
    I'm going to be mischievous. Can I ask why a thread I started about SPT's got moved but this one remains in poker chat?
    Posted by Jac35
    Without hunting around for the post you mention, most likely because there is an SPT section of the forum so we keep them together in there.

This post is more, erm...   .... 'miscellaneous' (being polite to OP)
  • edited March 2014
    I'm going to be mischievous. Can I ask why a thread I started about SPT's got moved but this one remains in poker chat?
    Posted by Jac35
    No, because that's TWO people being mischievious in the same thread. The Forum Rules state one mischief-maker per thread is the max.

;)

If you want a serious answer (& you deserve one), I don't know.

As to SPT's & the like, yes, we know many of you are frustrated at the delay in news, but that's not deliberate, & everyone will know the score soon enough. On the surface, it may seem that nothing is happening as to Live Events. Under the surface, the little duck's legs are paddling furiously.     
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Without hunting around for the post you mention, most likely because there is an SPT section of the forum so we keep them together in there. This post is more, erm...   .... 'miscellaneous' (being polite to OP)
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    Oooh, diplomacy rules.

miscellaneous
  • edited March 2014
    How comes no one has picked up on the error in the OP....Hartigan was beloved!
  • edited March 2014
    How comes no one has picked up on the error in the OP....Hartigan was beloved!
    Posted by MattBates
    Diplomacy Rules, twice in the same thread.

PS - Congrats on your Cash in last night's Mega Roller. Only a min-cash, but it all helps. Legend.   

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : No, because that's TWO people being mischievious in the same thread. The Forum Rules state one mischief-maker per thread is max. ;) If you want a serious answer (& you deserve one), I don't know.   As to SPT's & the like, yes, we know many of you are frustrated at the delay in news, but that's not deliberate, & everyone will know the score soon enough. On the surface, it may seem that nothing is happening as to Live Events. Under the surface, the little duck's legs are paddling furiously.     
    Posted by Tikay10

I always knew I was a marked man!
  • edited March 2014

Ha!

Now you know......

Stoke City won again, too. Happy days.  
  • edited March 2014
    OP is attention seeker. How is it best to deal with an attention seeker? A - to ignore them. I clicked ignore on Nutty a good while ago and have refused to re-comment on a thread of his since then. But I'm going to have to break that to tell everyone to just do exactly as I have done - and just don't even bother to open a thread started by him! hhyftrftdr and Jac in particular I implore you both to just bite your tongue and move on :P 

If everyone eventually ignored any threads he created, he would get bored and finally give up posting. (hurrah)
  • edited March 2014
    OP is attention seeker. How is it best to deal with an attention seeker? A - to ignore them. I clicked ignore on Nutty a good while ago and have refused to re-comment on a thread of his since then. But I'm going to have to break that to tell everyone to just do exactly as I have done - and just don't even bother to open a thread started by him! hhyftrftdr and Jac in particular I implore you both to just bite your tongue and move on :P  If everyone eventually ignored any threads he created, he would get bored and finally give up posting. (hurrah)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Good Post by Mr Ivan, & generally, I do the same thing.

But there are some very gullible folks around, & some things have to be clearly refuted, such as....

"...I know Sky was trying to get some big names on board from the pro circuit and failed as Pokerstars trumped them...."

And Mr OP cannot "KNOW" that, because it is utterly untrue, there is not a scintilla, jot, tickle or iota of truth in that.  

One might say - note how wonderfully diplomatic the thread is - he is discombobulating with dissimulations.

Ooohhhhhhhhh

• edited March 2014
    OP is attention seeker. How is it best to deal with an attention seeker? A - to ignore them. I clicked ignore on Nutty a good while ago and have refused to re-comment on a thread of his since then. But I'm going to have to break that to tell everyone to just do exactly as I have done - and just don't even bother to open a thread started by him! hhyftrftdr and Jac in particular I implore you both to just bite your tongue and move on :P  If everyone eventually ignored any threads he created, he would get bored and finally give up posting. (hurrah)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    fat chance of that - good try though
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Diplomacy Rules, twice in the same thread. PS - Congrats on your Cash in last night's Mega Roller. Only a min-cash, but it all helps. Legend .     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Thanks for the rub mr k! I finished a couple off the
    Money!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : Thanks for the rub mr k! I finished a couple off the Money!
    Posted by MattBates
    Noooooo?

Surely not?

My bad.

Could have sworn you cashed, you had chips when I last looked.

;)

PS - OK, I knew. Worked a treat though. I enjoyed that. I did.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: No SPT's Scheduled - Superroller struggling - End near? : No, because that's TWO people being mischievious in the same thread. The Forum Rules state one mischief-maker per thread is the max. ;) If you want a serious answer (& you deserve one), I don't know.   As to SPT's & the like, yes, we know many of you are frustrated at the delay in news, but that's not deliberate, & everyone will know the score soon enough. On the surface, it may seem that nothing is happening as to Live Events. Under the surface, the little duck's legs are paddling furiously.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    PLEASE PADDLE FASTER :)
  • edited March 2014

Tuesday night, bust out first hand, then drive home again, when we can play online in our bra & panties, & enter another MTT the moment we bust out. 

Had to laugh at this Teeks, playing PLO8 dyms v you will never be the same with that image in mind.