You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I love tournament poker.

tom_mullSmall blind 2000.002000.00120262.38hazey64Big blind 4000.006000.00297329.04 Your hole cardsAA   anglerfishFold    star_2012Fold    tom_mullRaise 6000.0012000.00114262.38hazey64Call 4000.0016000.00293329.04Flop  58K   tom_mullBet 10000.0026000.00104262.38hazey64Call 10000.0036000.00283329.04Turn  4   tom_mullBet 20000.0056000.0084262.38hazey64Call 20000.0076000.00263329.04River  2   tom_mullAll-in 84262.38160262.380.00hazey64Call 84262.38244524.76179066.66tom_mullShowAA   hazey64Show67   hazey64WinStraight to the 8244524.76 423591.4

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I love sarcasm.
  • edited April 2014
    Villain did absolutely nothing wrong.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: I love tournament poker.:
    Villain did absolutely nothing wrong.
    Posted by Slipwater
    I'm not saying he did. Just annoyed about getting so deep in a tournament and then having my aces cracked in a pot which would have given me the chip lead. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: I love tournament poker. : I'm not saying he did. Just annoyed about getting so deep in a tournament and then having my aces cracked in a pot which would have given me the chip lead. 
    Posted by tom_mull
    Yeah, you were always going to lose that pot, no matter what you did.
  • edited April 2014
    You could of excerised a bit of pot control,you only had a pair and ended up shoving 40 bb on the river.
    If you were so deep and in the top few players why risk the lot with a pair?

• edited April 2014
    The river shove is awful after leading OOP and getting called twice post-flop. You should have realised by then it was quite likely you were behind, nothing you beat is calling. I think you probably knew it deep down and made that play out of pure frustration.
  • edited April 2014
    Really? Most Kx hands are never folding at any point as played, I don't think the river jam is that bad although I'd probably go small on the river to ensure a call. Definitely good reason to think we're ahead the whole way imo.

wp, ul
  • edited April 2014
    Really? Most Kx hands are never folding at any point as played, I don't think the river jam is that bad although I'd probably go small on the river to ensure a call. Definitely good reason to think we're ahead the whole way imo. wp, ul
    Posted by Lambert180
    You are telling me you are not folding a hand like k9s to a 40bb river shove?
    I still don't see how shoving 40bb on the river to a guy who has called all the way is a +ev play...

Maybe I'm bitter because I value shoved 80bb on the river at Newcastle spt....and lost to the only hand the guy could of had(63)...on the motorway within the hour....:(
  • edited April 2014
    I'd have preferred going a tiny bit bigger on the turn so that our river shove is only a PSB, maybe a bit less, but it's only a slight overbet so not that bad.

What are we shoving for value here then? just sets? and maybe the odd 2pr of which we should have vvv few?

Could we not take this exact same line with any Ax of hearts for instance? We only start the hand with 30xBB, it's not like this is a super deepstacked cash game.

If we look at the hands he might peel pre, he is likely to have practically no 2pr hands, K8 and maybe at a push K5s. He can have sets sure but KK, 22 and 44 are all very unlikely imo and I would be very suprised to see him not raise either the flop or turn with 55/88.

He's never gonna have A3 for the wheel, so what are we putting him on then, specifically just 67?

There's barely any hands that we can put him on that beat us whereas he is deffo peeling with say K9/KT/KJ/KQ pre, never folding the flop, never folding the turn, and probably never folding the river with any of them. Even if he only sigh calls some of them occasionally, I'd rather jam and try to get called by them cos there are just so few hands that beat us.

Fwiw, the river is a 21xBB shove, not 40xBB

If we go a bit bigger on earlier streets so our stack relative to the pot is a bit smaller then I'm pretty much 100% jamming for value. As played, I'd probably go smaller but jamming isn't that bad either, certainly not awful. I think both people played it pretty much as well as they could have and OP just got unlucky.

EDIT: I forgot Dave's first question. I might fold K9s on the river if I'm the hero for a 20xBB shove or I might not, depending on what they're like, cos there's still tons of missed draws they can have. BUT it's not down to what you or I would fold. I don't limp/call J6o pre either but it doesn't mean others don't. Your average player on here is gonna call this river with most decent Kx imo (and that's not even an insult, it might be fine to call dependent on the OP).
  • edited April 2014
    Well I doesn't look too bad now I have noticed its 20bb and not 40 bb......I may of checked for showdown,but then again I too would most probably try to get value...
  • edited April 2014
    I like the shove on the river. Like Paul said, I'd have gone a bit bigger on the turn to set up the river push. Gonna get looked up by so many Kx hands (or maybe worse). Plus the shove looks a bit spewy/desperate. Just unfortunate to run into the hand that you did.
  • edited April 2014
    Hero's hand is pretty much face-up imo. By leading out very strong twice then shoving for over pot he's made it very clear he's not worried about the villain holding a king. Card elimination means AK is very unlikely. If called I would expect to be show a set of 5s or 8s most times given the action on previous streets. Can't see many kings calling, if I'm the villain I'm probably laying down KQ unless the hero is known to make outrageous three street bluffs.