You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Swog's Diary

2»

Comments

• edited April 2014

So as It stands I have came 21st, 17th, 9th and 2nd in the four DS tournaments I've entered since starting this thread. Running good.

• edited April 2014

Going to play some NL10 cash tables for a few hours and tomorrow I'm off to the Wigan v Leeds game at midday, really need to get some revision done for my May exams, but poker > University

• edited April 2014
    Not a great day in terms of bets, lost a few £ on the National and lost a few £ on the corners market for the Wigan v Leeds, expected a ton of corners in this one and thought it would give me some interest in the game, being a neutral and all that. Only 5 corners unfortunately. Tonights tournaments are the usual DS and Mini:

£100 Deep Stack (£2.20 buy in) 19:15 (last 3 finishes 18, 2, 21)
    £2,000 Mini Primo (£5.50 buy in) 20:30

• edited April 2014
    Added a few extra tournaments tonight, here is the updated entries.

£100 Deep Stack (£2.20 buy in) 19:15 
    £200 Deep Stack (£5.50 buy in) 20.15
    £2,000 Mini Primo (£5.50 buy in) 20:30
    £200 Guarenteed (£5.50 buy in) 21:05

Busted out of the Ipad and UKOPS Freerolls too
  • edited April 2014
    Here's the results of the tournaments I entered tonight:

£100 Deep Stack (£2.20 buy in) 19:15 50/116
    £200 Deep Stack (£5.50 buy in) 20.15 18/51
    £2,000 Mini Primo (£5.50 buy in) 20:30 67/419
    £200 Guarenteed (£5.50 buy in) 21:05 26/56

So no cashes in the tournaments, they was all going very well for a spell too. The mini primo went something like the following:
    One of the first hands of the tournament i coolered a player when my AA held up versus his KK to an all in pre. Then my exit hand was a shove with 13bbs with KK and snapped off from a big stack with KQs, he turned a flush and that was me gone 15 places from a min cash.

Going to load 3-4 NL10 tables for a few hours and see how that goes. Yet to have a winning session so far on the cash tables :/

Current Bankroll: £551.38
    Poker Points: 489 (which sees me on the leaderboard for the chance of a 20 to 1 shot for an Ipad)
    £551.38
    £551.38
  • edited April 2014
    Had a fairly decent afternoon session 4-tabling NL10. I think i was maybe a buy in or so up at close of play. My biggest losing hand was a full BI where I isolated a limper with AK from the CO and was then 3b on the button by a fairly decent reg at these stakes, I decided to 4b small he flatted. With about a pot sized bet left on a 7J10 flop i decided to just shove it all in, he flipped over JJ for the set. My two biggest hands of the session came against the same opponent, both hands I flopped golden on the flop, one was a set and the other top straight. 

Another positive from the last few session was my ability to block out bad beats and even be cival about it in the chat box. 

Not sure what i'll be playing tonight. I don't think i'll be playing the Mini, given that it's £11 tonight. So might just have an evening session on the cash tables. Need to try and get as many points as I can so that i can get in the draw for an Ipad :)

Current Bankroll: £572.45
    Poker Points: 601 (£6.01)

In the mean time i'm going to catch up on a Lecture i missed last week for Algebraic Topology. Might actually get out of bed and make some food too, students ey. Depending on how the studying goes I may be in the Ipad freeroll.

Good Luck on the tables guys
  • edited April 2014
    Any reason to swerve the mini tonight? £11 out of almost £600 is a very small %age of your roll. And it's probably the best mini of the week, decent structure to it. Usually £700 or so up top as well....
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Swog's Diary:
    Any reason to swerve the mini tonight? £11 out of almost £600 is a very small %age of your roll. And it's probably the best mini of the week, decent structure to it. Usually £700 or so up top as well....
    Posted by hhyftrftdr

I always feel more confident playing with 1% of my roll, i.e £5.50 max. I just think an £11 buy in might be a little too much, given the field size too.

• edited April 2014
    Just forgo your next 2 £5.50's and buy into this tonight ;)

£11 out of £570 is a drop in the ocean really. Think it usually gets between 250-300 runners, so about half the size of the mini BH's. It does attract some good players due to the FT jackpot promotion, but you should relish playing against some of the sites best players.

Fair enough if you want to stick to the 1% rule, just feel you could be missing out on the best low stakes MTT the site has to offer for the sake of a few quid more.

Good luck, whatever you do! :)
  • edited April 2014
    No tournaments tonight, although i finsished about 300th in the Ipad FR, I also finished 5th in the UKOPS FR, where top 3 got entry to the UKOPS ME, gutted :(

Now going to play some NL10 for a bit :)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Swog's Diary:
    Going to play some NL10 cash tables for a few hours and tomorrow I'm off to the Wigan v Leeds game at midday, really need to get some revision done for my May exams, but poker > University
    Posted by Swog
    Jeez I must've have become old at some point in the recent past, my head figures that I should post to suggest you don't get too sidetracked by the pokers till you have that first in the bag... mind you, I remember the last month or so of my Uni life and it was way more degen and silly than grinding out a poker bankroll so I'm one of the last people that should be chucking out advice on this :)

How are you finding the cash tables, results aside. Do you feel that in the main you are bossing the tables and it's just variance catching you out at the moment?
  • edited April 2014
    Had a bit of a nightmare on the cash tables over the past 24 hours, one hand included where i shove £12 into a £1 pot with what i thought was the nut straight, failing to realise the board had paired, opponent flipped over quads lol. A tired play.

Had a few interesting hands too, which i have posted in the clinic.

ShakinAces - I'm not sure i'm going to see how i do this month and then report back, i'm atleast 10 buy ins down on the cash tables so it's hard to say, still need to brush up on certain areas of my game. I've had some bad beats but i've also had some good fortune too.

Tonights tournaments:

£200 DTD 1 (£2.20) 19:15
    £150 DTD 2 (£1.10) 19:45
    £200 DTD 3 (£2.20) 20:30
    £2,000 Mini B/H (£5.50) 20:30

I will be playing a bit of NL10 on the side in order to boost my points total in anticipation for the Ipad draw tomorrow. How many? Depends on how many tournaments i'm still in.

So, 

Current Bankroll (minus torunament entries): £492.41
    Poker Points: 828 (£8.28)