You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

UKOPS

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
do you win a bracelet for taking down a ukops event ,thanx

Comments

• edited April 2014
    what no1 knows useless
  • edited April 2014
    It was mentioned for the last festival, but not this time. I would think that's a no.
  • edited April 2014
    no idea, which event you planning on winning so i know which one to swerve?
  • edited April 2014
    I have heard that there is one if you take down an Omaha event this time
  • edited April 2014
    Tell you what, Turk - if you win an event, I'll buy you a bracelet. Your choice. Emeralds, diamonds, rubies, whatever. Money is no object :)
  • edited April 2014

We are planning on doing braclets again.
  • edited April 2014

Just to clarify, there wil be UKOPS Bracelets for the 4 x Main Event winners in the upcoming UKOPS 10.

Proper nice they are, too. 

• edited April 2014

UKOPS 10 starts on Good Friday - Friday of NEXT week, & runs for 4 days, 18th - 21st April inclusive.

The blather is here

• edited April 2014
    why have a festival like this on a easter weekend where lots of people are going to be busy? cant be good from a business point of view surely. im gonna be out on the yeast for the main event and possibly good friday too and im quite gutted about it, i hope they all fail to make guarentee so the dates for these festivals are changed in future, sorry sky :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Who decides when bracelets are awarded for the events ?

it still makes me mad that the series i won an event bracelets wasn't given out barring the ME. I can still remember winning and thinking of the bracelet more than the money in that moment :( sounds pretty daft but a mememto or trophy to look back on down the years is something good :(.

FIRE THEM !

haha 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: UKOPS:
    Who decides when bracelets are awarded for the events ? it still makes me mad that the series i won an event bracelets wasn't given out barring the ME. I can still remember winning and thinking of the bracelet more than the money in that moment :( sounds pretty daft but a mememto or trophy to look back on down the years is something good :(. FIRE THEM ! haha 
    Posted by Nutter5932
    Best win another, then, Mr N.....

Fire the bosses? Can't see much appetite for that, everyone LOVES them. *

* Sometimes. A bit. May be a slight exaggeration. Ish.

PS - your suggestion is rejected. "Sort it out, Sky" Posts Needs 7 exclamation marks MINIMUM.

• edited April 2014
    Who decides when bracelets are awarded for the events ? it still makes me mad that the series i won an event bracelets wasn't given out barring the ME. I can still remember winning and thinking of the bracelet more than the money in that moment :( sounds pretty daft but a mememto or trophy to look back on down the years is something good :(. FIRE THEM ! haha 
    Posted by Nutter5932

Seriously, & to enable me to get a bit of a thin in, in that UKPC Omaha, it was the first MTT I've ever played when I had no interest in ANYTHING but winning, no laddering nonsense, I just wanted that Bracelet SO SO BADLY. Fail, obv.

PPS - What is a mememto?

x
  • edited April 2014
    why have a festival like this on a easter weekend where lots of people are going to be busy? cant be good from a business point of view surely. im gonna be out on the yeast for the main event and possibly good friday too and im quite gutted about it, i hope they all fail to make guarentee so the dates for these festivals are changed in future, sorry sky :-)
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Rockyyyyyyyyyy.

ALL Bank Holidays are great for Online Poker Sites, generally speaking, they generate much higher traffic than regular weekends. Obviously, the "danger" is very good weather, but nonetheless, Easter (TWO Bank Hols) is generally good for Online Poker Traffic in the UK.

Cue HUGEEEEEEEE overlay now, of course. ;)

PS - You'd have lost anyway, look at it glass half-full.
  • edited April 2014
    Well it's like a memento only more special :)

The bracelet in the UKPC was the only reason i entered the heads up comp in the first place, amazing what a trophy does for some people motivations. I recall your efforts in the PLO just imagine winning it and discovering the bracelet was not for that event :(

I shall indeed try and win another but it isn't all that easy to best 400+ runner fields 
  • edited April 2014
    PS - You'd have lost anyway, look at it glass half-full.
    Posted by Tikay10
    haha

To be honest I also hate the fact that it's bank holiday weekend. However, so as not to miss the UKOPS, I will be in during the evening this bank holiday. Hopefully we get good weather during the day to make up for it. 

GL to all that are playing :)
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Sorry Rockety-Rock-Rock-McRock, my old Rock, I believe 19 of the 20 UKOPS X Tourneys beat their Guarantee, despite the first 2 days being decent weather, which never helps.

Increased MTT traffic & Uniques boosted liquidity right across the site, too.

Expect another, next Easter. ;)

How was the yeast?

Shame you were not around the weekend, there was a cracking "RIGGED" thread, you'd have had a field day with it. ;)