You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

your thoughts on this hand please did i play it wrong???

edited April 2014 in The Poker Clinic
PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceMassey1337Small blind 10.0010.002200.00hughavaditBig blind 20.0030.002010.00 Your hole cardsKK   CfcmacFold    ynwa197525Raise 80.00110.001760.00BLADE999Call 80.00190.001810.00edge62Fold    Massey1337Fold    hughavaditFold    Flop  938   ynwa197525Bet 280.00470.001480.00BLADE999Raise 560.001030.001250.00ynwa197525All-in 1480.002510.000.00BLADE999All-in 1250.003760.000.00BLADE999Unmatched bet 50.003710.0050.00ynwa197525ShowKK   BLADE999Show53   Turn  6   River  7   BLADE999WinStraight to the 93710.00 3760.00

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: your thoughts on this hand please did i play it wrong???:
    No.
    Posted by SJspanky1
    thx spanky, i am fairly new to poker just wanted to see if i cud hav played this hand better.             
    just got unlucky i guess thats poker lol
  • edited April 2014
    Its whenever you get your money in the middle that far ahead you have done the right thing
  • edited April 2014
    Looks ok, your flop bet is very big though, obv it's fine if you have reads on how bad villain is
  • edited April 2014
    Its whenever you get your money in the middle that far ahead you have done the right thing
    Posted by jams88[/Q 
    i just need to learn to deal with bad beats i guess, i will hav alot more of them.
    any advice on how to deal with bad beats would be appreciated. 
    really enjoying the poker experience on sky poker. hopefully someday i will be a decent player:)  

thx jams :)
  • edited April 2014
    Looks ok, your flop bet is very big though, obv it's fine if you have reads on how bad villain is
    Posted by grantorino[/QUO 
     wat size bet on flop shud i go with for future situations like this ??

thx for your post grantorino
  • edited April 2014
    I used to get really wound up with Bad beats, until I realised that if you feel you're always the one getting sucked out against (rather than sucking out on someone else) then it is possibly an indicator that you get your chips in good most of the time. That's a good thing.

Bad beats happen & nowadays I just shrug it off. you kinda have to.

And in response to bet sizing comments, I like the bet size.
    IMO, you absolutely want to give anyone with two clubs a costly price in order to chase their flush. - I hate situations like this where you bet 3/4 pot or similar & so many people just come along for the ride then a 3rd club arrives and you're in a real tricky spot (maybe so many people call because I play smaller stakes?).
    I would usually bet pot size in this situation, taking away decent pot odds to chasers - although if this is deemed to be wrong I'd be interested to hear alterative suggestions also.
  • edited April 2014
    I used to get really wound up with Bad beats, until I realised that if you feel you're always the one getting sucked out against (rather than sucking out on someone else) then it is possibly an indicator that you get your chips in good most of the time. That's a good thing. Bad beats happen & nowadays I just shrug it off. you kinda have to. And in response to bet sizing comments, I like the bet size. IMO, you absolutely want to give anyone with two clubs a costly price in order to chase their flush. - I hate situations like this where you bet 3/4 pot or similar & so many people just come along for the ride then a 3rd club arrives and you're in a real tricky spot (maybe so many people call because I play smaller stakes?). I would usually bet pot size in this situation, taking away decent pot odds to chasers - although if this is deemed to be wrong I'd be interested to hear alterative suggestions also.
    Posted by PuppetJack

that was my thinking when 2 clubs came on the flop,  

thx for the advice puppetjack really appreciate it gl at the tables :)
  • edited April 2014
    The thing is we want opponent to call when we are giving them incorrect odds to do so. In the long run we are making money from them chasing their flush draws - sure, if they will call a full pot bet just as much as a 3/4 pot bet then we can bet full pot. The problem is we don't KNOW that our opponent is drawing to a flush. He might just have 3rd or 2nd pair (as he did here) and most opponents are going to fold their hand if we bet pot/bigger than pot.

However, if we bet something like 140 here then we are much more likely to be called by worse hands. TP/2nd pair etc. Whereas if we bet more than pot most good opponents will only give you action here if they have flopped something really strong (like a set/2 pair or a v.good combo draw such as JcTc which has almost 50% against your hand.)

• edited April 2014
    The thing is we want opponent to call when we are giving them incorrect odds to do so. In the long run we are making money from them chasing their flush draws - sure, if they will call a full pot bet just as much as a 3/4 pot bet then we can bet full pot. The problem is we don't KNOW that our opponent is drawing to a flush. He might just have 3rd or 2nd pair (as he did here) and most opponents are going to fold their hand if we bet pot/bigger than pot. However, if we bet something like 140 here then we are much more likely to be called by worse hands. TP/2nd pair etc. Whereas if we bet more than pot most good opponents will only give you action here if they have flopped something really strong (like a set/2 pair or a v.good combo draw such as JcTc which has almost 50% against your hand.)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
     thx for the advice Ivanovic really appreciate it :)
  • edited April 2014
    The thing is we want opponent to call when we are giving them incorrect odds to do so. In the long run we are making money from them chasing their flush draws - sure, if they will call a full pot bet just as much as a 3/4 pot bet then we can bet full pot. The problem is we don't KNOW that our opponent is drawing to a flush. He might just have 3rd or 2nd pair (as he did here) and most opponents are going to fold their hand if we bet pot/bigger than pot. However, if we bet something like 140 here then we are much more likely to be called by worse hands. TP/2nd pair etc. Whereas if we bet more than pot most good opponents will only give you action here if they have flopped something really strong (like a set/2 pair or a v.good combo draw such as JcTc which has almost 50% against your hand.)
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    the words you speaketh make sense.