You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Tips for Cheltenham tomorrow please :-) (Benny I think your the 1 for this)

edited January 2010 in The Shed
Me, my mrs and a couple of others are going to Cheltenham races tomorrow (New yrs day) Just wondering if any of you are good at horse betting and have any tips, there are no odds up atm and alot may not run, but a heads up on who to look for would be good.

p.s I have already picked a few and wonder if you match my thoughts

Cheers

Charlie

Comments

• edited December 2009
    Hi Charlie

I go to Cheltenham every year for the P***Y P***R (or a rival firm to Skybet owned by an Irishman lol) meeting in November and it's a tremendous day out and if you've already pre-booked your tickets for the Tatts/Paddock Enclousure you can get an upgrade to the Club Enclosure for about £5. I did this in November and i could not believe how cheap the upgrade was and total kudos has to go to Cheltenham Racecourse for really looking after us punters well!!.

Also there is a restaurant in the club enclousure (whose name i forget lol) that does the finest breakfasts i have ever eaten and i would recommend to start your day in there.

At the moment Paul Nicholls's Yard is on blistering form at the moment with Kauto Star winning his 4th successive King George and What a Friend taking down the Lexus Chase and for me you can never not back a horse trained by Nicholls.

One of my favourite jumps trainers who i also pleasure of shaking hands with at the Tingle Creek Meeting at Sandown Park is Nigel Twiston-Davies and he has 4 horses riding tomorrow at the meeting and he is another trainer whose horses at Cheltenham do well.

my tips for tomorrow:

12:30 Radium (e/w)
    1:05 Nenuphar Collonges
    1:40 Punchestowns (i would do a forecast bet personally: Punchestowns/Bensalem)
    2:10 Tatenen (e/w)
    2:45 Balthatzar King
    3:20 Katchit
    3:50 Tetlami

Have a great day!!!

Craig
  • edited December 2009

Theres odds up for a few of the races flash, have a look at www.oddschecker.com

My horse racing tips on here so far have been rather bad but heres what id be backing if i was lucky enough to be going.

12.30 Empty Sky (ew)

1.05 Hennesy (e/w) (currently 9/1)

13.40 Punchestown ( curtrently big odds on @ 4/7 so if doing small bets id have small bet on seven is my number 6/1)

14.10 Private be (e/w) (currently 10/1)
    14.45 Pagan starprincess (e/w) (currently 8/1)
    15.20 Mr Thriller (currently big odds on @ 8/11 only 3 in race may avoid ahving a bet in this one)
    15.50 Jaques Vert (e/w)

Good Luck tho for whatever you bet

• edited January 2010
    Hi Charlie , well in the 1 40 the horse "Punchestown" is top class  but will be short odds so maybe best watched but should win
    ..., my bets tomorrow will be   win each  and e/w double

2 10 Tatenen   
    2 45 Made in Japan

glk and enjoy the day .. there is no better race course than Cheltenham, when I go there I get up into the 'Arkle Bar"  ..  It's the guinness  you know  :))
  • edited January 2010
    My picks originally were this...

12.30 - Empty Sky
    1.05 - anycurrency
    1.40 - Punchestown
    2.10 - Chapoturgeon (if it can get round without falling!!)
    2.45 - Made in Japan
    3.20 - Mr Thriller
    3.50 - Anyones guess, but id go for The Laodicean

Any Comments?
  • edited January 2010

Aup Flash, I know ya probably on ya way now but always flick through the shed on gambling days, uve started the exact thread I was gonna! :)

Cheerz! - I saw ya with a handsome stack at NL100 last night - nice goin !

N cheerz for ya vote in that poll thing, very unexpected giving my rep on here!! - ta bud.

Gl today, cya round. DOHH
  • edited January 2010
    Well craig got the first winner right,not that id be backing a 7/4 shot each way
  • edited January 2010
    Just called the meeting off due to unsafe ground
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tips for Cheltenham tomorrow please :-) (Benny I think your the 1 for this):
    Just called the meeting off due to unsafe ground
    Posted by darich
    wrong, its back on
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tips for Cheltenham tomorrow please :-) (Benny I think your the 1 for this):
    In Response to Re: Tips for Cheltenham tomorrow please :-) (Benny I think your the 1 for this) : wrong, its back on
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Oh sorry - thought they'd called it off - what are they playing at?
  • edited January 2010
    Well Sarah Champion's No 1 Admirer John Mcririck seems to have a right hump on him yet again as per usual.

HAPPY NEW YEAR BIG MAC LOL!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Tips for Cheltenham tomorrow please :-) (Benny I think your the 1 for this) : wrong, its back on
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Glad you told me Greg - I can lose some money there now!
  • edited January 2010
    Aup Flash, I know ya probably on ya way now but always flick through the shed on gambling days, uve started the exact thread I was gonna! :) Cheerz! - I saw ya with a handsome stack at NL100 last night - nice goin ! N cheerz for ya vote in that poll thing, very unexpected giving my rep on here!! - ta bud. Gl today, cya round. DOHH
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
     Hey DOH, No probs on the vote, won't be long before you lose that rep.
    Had a night in last night, let the other half go out so I stayed in with the nippers, thought id hang around try and catch some drunk people. Seemed to work lol

Well the racing was rubbish, freezing cold and so many non-runners bit disapointing really, went bowling afterwards so not all bad lol.

Take care