You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Not sure I could ever play this scenario without losing big.

edited April 2014 in The Poker Clinic
I probably shouldn't have played this hand anyway but after hitting numerous bin cards and folding hands like K8 off suit to multiple raises and all ins, I felt this was my time to try and up my game but it didn't go so well. Hit trips on the flop and slow played, went all in and got beat by a full house which was also hit on the flop and slow played too. This situation has happened plenty of times for me but I can never seem to get it right. If I had bet aggressively pre flop, even a push would have still got a call, and aggressive flop bet the same. No matter what, I was always going to lose this hand. The player that had me beat was playing loose aggressive. Anything I can do to improve in these scenarios? Thanks.

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
LadyKatieBSmall blind 25.0025.001377.50
redmondgBig blind 50.0075.00895.00
 Your hole cards
  • Q

BrayCorp83Fold    
TilkiFold    
ladeda21Raise 100.00175.001200.00
JeffPCall 100.00275.002960.00
LadyKatieBRaise 125.00400.001252.50
redmondgFold    
ladeda21Raise 250.00650.00950.00
JeffPFold    
LadyKatieBCall 200.00850.001052.50
Flop

• Q
  • Q
  • K

LadyKatieBCheck    
ladeda21Check    
Turn

LadyKatieBCheck    
ladeda21Check    
River

LadyKatieBAll-in 1052.501902.500.00
ladeda21All-in 950.002852.500.00
LadyKatieBUnmatched bet 102.502750.00102.50
LadyKatieBShow
  • Q

ladeda21Show
  • K
  • K

ladeda21WinFull House, Kings and Queens2750.00 2750.00

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Hand #762398735
  • edited April 2014
    If you want to start playing back at the loose guy you are going to want a better hand villian is also 2 spots to your left so you are going to have alot of oppotunities to do this in position rather than out which will make it alot easier for you to.

Things to do better
    Fold pre our hand flops terrible and even if we make a fd will will have to play it oop and from out stack size will end up having to commit on the flop. If we want to 3bet light you need to bet alot bigger the 2 callers have a great price to call you with any 2 cards so our bet achieves nothing but inflate the pot oop with a bad hand. As it is we get 4bet now we should defintaly fold calling means we have to check/fold nearly every flop and just lose more chips calling.

We get pretty much as good a flop as we can hope for and check. I know why you did it but in my opinion it is wrong. Your 3betting pre if we had AA or AK do we check here? the board is very coordinated and we can get called by by alot of draws and pair+draws we want to get the money in as soon as possible while we can presume we are still good most of the time,

As usual i probably could have worded this abit better anything i have tried to say that you are unsure of just ask and will try to explain better
  • edited April 2014
    Fold these god almighty terrible hands pre flop and we dont get into messes like this.

Certainly don't raise small and call off a 4 bet!

Especially OOP and especially against a shorter stack.

• edited April 2014
    Fold pre. If you want to bluff 3b bigger, snap fold to 4bet

Pre you have trips in a 4b pot with a psb behind so you are not getting away. I prob bet turn small, but it looks ok postflop

@jams he doesn't have betting lead on flop, so betting would be bad imo. Don't think betting flop achieves much anyway
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Not sure I could ever play this scenario without losing big.:
    Fold pre. If you want to bluff 3b bigger, snap fold to 4bet Pre you have trips in a 4b pot with a psb behind so you are not getting away. I prob bet turn small, but it looks ok postflop @jams he doesn't have betting lead on flop, so betting would be bad imo. Don't think betting flop achieves much anyway
    Posted by grantorino
    Yeah, lunch break was coming to a close when i worte the reply typed it out nipped up to the top to realise it was a 4bet pot not 3bet and didnt ammend enough of what i wrote. Not great at writing short replies without sounding rude but then my mind wonders when i start typing too much lol
  • edited April 2014
    Why did you reraise pre?
  • edited April 2014
    Very ul :)

Any 2 is always good:)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Not sure I could ever play this scenario without losing big.:
    Very ul :) Any 2 is always good:)
    Posted by LARSON7
    Everyone gets frustrated, and you should not have tried to make a move on a raise as this wasn't the spot or the hand, but once you had calling the 4 bet re-raise was suicide.