You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Staked Players

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Does anyone on here stake players or is looking to stake Sky Poker Players?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Staked Players:
    Does anyone on here stake players or is looking to stake Sky Poker Players?
    Posted by 712
    Send a PM to buffythevampireslayer...she may be able to help :)
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Staked Players:
    In Response to Staked Players : Send a PM to buffythevampireslayer...she may be able to help :)
    Posted by bromley04
    How do I do that?
  • edited April 2014
    are you wanting to be staked personally? im a gambler so allways keen for a good investment if its worthwile.
  • edited April 2014
    are you wanting to be staked personally? im a gambler so allways keen for a good investment if its worthwile.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Expect a flood of pms MrRock! 

Fancy backing me for some of the £55's? :)
  • edited April 2014
    I'm up for being backed for some £33 & £55 mains :)
  • edited April 2014

Wing us a few buy ins for the £200 gtd's please Rocky :)

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Staked Players : Expect a flood of pms MrRock!  Fancy backing me for some of the £55's? :)
    Posted by Jac35
    yeah jump on nl1000 now and il dump u a grand, u dump it back nxt week with 20% interest and we have a deal :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Wing us a few buy ins for the £200 gtd's please Rocky :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    done
  • edited April 2014
    I'm up for being backed for some £33 & £55 mains :)
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    done
  • edited April 2014
    Clearly has more money than sense ;)
  • edited April 2014
    can you buy me into every UKOPS event?
  • edited April 2014
    20 shots at slaying bawfizzle @ £30+ HU's plz :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X17wfLXaREE
    edited April 2014
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Yes that's what im looking for currently running at 311% roi with just under £3k profit with 157 games played on sky.

https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/SkyPoker/players/712

Let me know if interested.

Thanks
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Staked Players : Yes that's what im looking for currently running at 311% roi with just under £3k profit with 157 games played on sky. https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/SkyPoker/players/712 Let me know if interested. Thanks
    Posted by 712
    I'm interested in buying your action specifically for UKOPS high roller all in sats.....?
  • edited April 2014
    can you buy me into every UKOPS event?
    Posted by gazza127
    im pretty sure u have a lot more money than me gazza so no haha
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Staked Players : Yes that's what im looking for currently running at 311% roi with just under £3k profit with 157 games played on sky. https://www.sharkscope.com/#Player-Statistics//networks/SkyPoker/players/712 Let me know if interested. Thanks
    Posted by 712
    have u no other alias on other sites cos these stats are quite deceiving, u have won 2 all in sats both worth £517 each
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Staked Players : done
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Excellent! Now where did Rock put the money.....
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by 712
    Good morning Mr 712.

If you wish to stake others, or be staked, that's fine, it is common practice in Online poker.

However, Sky Poker do not & will not allow it to be conducted via this Forum. You'll need to communicate via PM, or use one of the numerous poker Forums & websites which cater for "staking". Many of these arrangements end in tears when one party or the other does not pay their dues. This is called "grimming". It is quite common in poker

Sky Poker don't want to get involved in the hassle of sorting all that stuff out, nor do they wish to be seen to be encouraging it, (because it comes close to being gaming on credit, which the GC are VERY strict about not allowing), so do not permit staking via the Community Boards.  

Almost all of the sites where Staking is permitted, however, require you to prove your credentials, so that your trustworthiness can be established. This would normally mean that you'd need to be a regular on the (staking) site for a minumum period of x months, or have made a minimum of x hundred or x thousand Posts. You'd also need to produce your (winning) results over a 6 or 12 month period, with significant volume.

Sorry to be Mr Wet Blanket, but that's how it is.

I'm happy to field any (reasonable) questions you or others may have on the matter. Hurry up though, as I would imagine this thread will get closed in due course. Not by me, I hasten to add, as I see no harm in discussing these things, & explaining "why". I am not explaining MY views, I'm explaining how the Business views the matter, & how staking works elsewhere.

Incidentally, based on the information you have provided, you would not get Staked on any Forum or staking site. You'd need a long-term winning record.

There is, arguably, nothing wrong with staking, or being staked, nothing at all. Many well known & very successful players are staked, even the likes of Middy, who won WCOOP this week. Scotty77, who is very profitable on the Live Circuit, often sells action, too. (But NOT here). I buy action in others almost every week, & when I go to Vegas annually, I have a small band of regular investors, who have supported me for years now, to whom I sell action "for the sweat".  

Staking works fine at higher level buy-ins, but it does not really blend itself to Sky Poker, where stakes are relatively small. 

Any other questions, fire away. Hurry up though, in case the thread gets closed. ;) 

• edited April 2014
    This might be a silly question, but how does 'staking' work? How do you guarentee that a stakee doesn't do a runner with the profits?
  • edited April 2014
    This might be a silly question, but how does 'staking' work? How do you guarentee that a stakee doesn't do a runner with the profits?
    Posted by Swog
    Well, you don't.
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by Swog

the one that I have seen give you a daily BR, and ask that you to send a report at the end of each day including holdem manager graphs etc. You also have to send any profits to them every day. If you go below your daily BR then they top it up each day too.

at the end of the month they paid you if you were in profit, and not if you werent.

I guess working like this limits their risk. 

Another thing that deters you from just running off with profits is that your name will become known in the staking community, and you probably wont get staked ever again.
  • edited April 2014
    Just the one question.....if you are that good why would you want to be staked?
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by DAVEYZZ
    Lots of reasons.

Primarily, id imagine its to reduce the impact of variance.  Particularly in live arenas when big mtts are few and far between, selling action reduces the hit you can take to your roll if you don't cash for a while.  I don't see people being for staked in cash as often as variance is much lower.

People should know that long term you are a solid investment and both of you can make money from a deal.  It also allows players who typically enter £50 mtts to now enter £100 mtts without having to double their roll before doing so.  If you are a good investment then the player should earn more £/game as the BI's are bigger and the backer should also win long term too.

Obviously things can be slightly more complicated than that, but in summary it allows the backer to earn money when not even playing, and it allows the player to earn more £/game without needing the roll to deal with the variance.  You'l find that lots of players that have been backed build up their roll and then go solo when they are suitably rolled for the games they are already playing.

• edited April 2014
    Posted by DAVEYZZ

good question.

there are a number of reasons a winning player might want to be staked.
    • for some reason doesnt have the BR they need to play they stakes they want, and can win at (ie, so you can play higher)
    • moving up stakes quicker (you dont need to build a roll for each stake, you just need to convince your backers your good enough. 
    • like the idea of playing with other peoples money.
    • you often get coaching. The cost of coaching could easily offset the profit you are giving up, especially in the long term
    • you often become part of a community of players who are also staked

• edited April 2014
    In other nailed on investments, does anyone have a recommendation for the grand national?