You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks......

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

The 2 hour segment was split into 2 x 1 hour distinct halves, the first being the Aintree Meet generally, exclusing the Grand National. That'll be, as I stated above, 11am Thursday.

The 2nd Hour ONLY, which was devoted to the Grand National ONLY, will be shown on both Friday & Saturday. I don't have the times to hand at present, but will Post them later today, or tomorrow morning.

Comments

• edited April 2014

More people than in any previous Show have asked me when the repeat of the Grand National Betting Preview will be.

It was a 2 hour segment, & will be repeated, in full, at 11am this morning. (Thursday).

• edited April 2014

Mr Channing will be on the Channel again NEXT Tuesday, in the Live Show, doing the "US Masters Betting Preview". This will be a ONE HOUR segment.

Fingers crossed, he'll remain in the Studio all evening, & do some more poker analysis. His poker analysis is spectacularly good, imo. 

• edited April 2014

In reply to another question, no, there will NOT be a Guineas Meeting Betting Preview Show.

It's a balance thing, not everyone enjoys these Betting Previews, so a common-sense & balanced approach is needed.

After next Tuesday's US Masters Show, I believe the next scheduled one will probably be Royal Ascot. It's possible (I don't know for sure) there will be one for the Football World Cup, too.

Also scheduled, for the Autumn, will be an NFL version, before the season starts.
  • edited April 2014

For those who wanted to see/hear Neil's Poker analysis from Tuesday's Show, there will be several repeats, the first being.....

5pm Thursday (today).
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Tikay,

Will these be added to any youtube-style site available on demand or is it ch861 only?

Would great if they are as the Channing episodes of the show are always fantastic, probably the best guest the channel gets (my opinion only).

Was a schoolboy error when I left Sky TV without checking I'd still be able get my TV poker fix.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks......:
    Hi Tikay, Will these be added to any youtube-style site available on demand or is it ch861 only? Would great if they are as the Channing episodes of the show are always fantastic, probably the best guest the channel gets (my opinion only). Was a schoolboy error when I left Sky TV without checking I'd still be able get my TV poker fix.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Just in case you did not know shakinaces you can watch the show here online, just click the TV link above, the Neil Channing episode is on right now.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks......:
    More people than in any previous Show have asked me when the repeat of the Grand National Betting Preview will be. It was a 2 hour segment, & will be repeated, in full, at 11am this morning. (Thursday).  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Sigh, been at work and missed both repeats.  Did ok without Neils help though (first time for everything).

Obviously there was a small matter of a champions league game Tuesday so many people could not watch live.

Please if any1 knows (Sky team/ Tikay) exact times the shows will be repeated could you post on here.
    Would be massively appreciated.  

Good to see Neil will be back on Tuesday,  I''ve already gone big on Donald for the masters. 50/1 !!!!
    LUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks...... : Sigh, been at work and missed both repeats.  Did ok without Neils help though (first time for everything). Obviously there was a small matter of a champions league game Tuesday so many people could not watch live. Please if any1 knows (Sky team/ Tikay) exact times the shows will be repeated could you post on here. Would be massively appreciated.   Good to see Neil will be back on Tuesday,  I''ve already gone big on Donald for the masters. 50/1 !!!! LUKEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
    Posted by 1267
    Hi 1267 - may I call you 12?

The Grand National Hour will be repeated tomorrow and Saturday, but I don't have the TX times to hand. I'll try & post them tomorrow morning though.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks...... : Hi 1267 - may I call you 12? The Grand National Hour will be repeated tomorrow and Saturday, but I don't have the TX times to hand. I'll try & post them tomorrow morning though.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yes, strangely everyone else on here does.  Weird that everybody pronounces it twelve-sixtyseven.   Never had a one-two-six-seven .

Obviously an error was made when i signed up and this name was not intended  !

Thanks for the update.  Looking forward to the national hour.
  • edited April 2014
    Is Channing contracted to any site following the wind up of his blackbelt site? Would be good if he could join the Sky team in some way! I always look forward to his contributions.
  • edited April 2014
    Also scheduled, for the Autumn, will be an NFL version, before the season starts.
    Posted by Tikay10
    I'm not a fan of these type of shows, but I will definitely watch that one, and having it before the regular season starts would be an improvemen on the 2013 version, which aired after 2 weeks of games and all the value had gone.
  • edited April 2014
    channing is brilliant, he could talk the back legs off a donkey but what a knowledgeable guy he is, i usually give mastercash a miss as an mtt player but ive just watched a repeat of tuesdays show and i found it to be one of the best shows ive seen sky produce, he explains things brilliantly. 
  • edited April 2014
    channing is brilliant, he could talk the back legs off a donkey but what a knowledgeable guy he is, i usually give mastercash a miss as an mtt player but ive just watched a repeat of tuesdays show and i found it to be one of the best shows ive seen sky produce, he explains things brilliantly. 
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Amen to that, he's off the scale, imo.
  • edited April 2014

The Grand National Betting Preview Hour will be repeated again.......

Today, Friday 4th April, @ 1pm, (1300) & 8pm, (2000).

Tomorrow (Saturday), 9am (0900) & 1pm (1300).
  • edited April 2014
    Is Channing contracted to any site following the wind up of his blackbelt site? Would be good if he could join the Sky team in some way! I always look forward to his contributions.
    Posted by a00rock
    No, Neil is not contracted to any Poker site, or not at present.

He does have some other business interests though, notably Betting Emporium, which he wants to concentrate on for a while.

Would he join Sky Poker? At present, no, I very much doubt that. It IS, possible, however, that he'll do a bit more poker analysis for us in the coming months, & discussions as to that are taking place already.  
  • edited April 2014

It's amazing how much positive feedback there has been to Neil's poker analysis, & I've fuelled that fire, too, so I need to confess to a slight conflict of interest, in that he & I are very good friends, & I'm a huge fan of how he does poker analyis, & I've also benefitted personally from his help & advice in many areas.

I cashed in two (from three) WSOP PLO8 events in the last 2 years, Channing was on "my rail" from start to finish, as he knows all the players, & he marked my card as to every player on every table for me, & also gave me a lot of advice & support. He must have spent 20 hours railing me & offering advice to me.

On one particular table, I was getting "run over" by better players, & I did not quite know how to handle them. Channing worked out that my Table would "break" very soon, & said "sit out, don't play a hand, your Table will break before you have to post your next BB". PLO8 plays pleasantly slowly, but 15 minutes later, I was still sat there, & now it was time to Post by BB, so in went my chips, with a sigh. At that VERY moment, "Floor" arrived with chip trays, "Dealer, don't deam, this table is breaking".

As soon as I went to my next Table, Channing called me across. "Seat 2 is awful, plays any 4, seat 6 is a low-chaser, he's easy to play, Seat 8 only plays A-A-2-x" etc,  

So yes, I'm a bit biased.     

• edited April 2014
    Hi Tikay, Will these be added to any youtube-style site available on demand or is it ch861 only? Would great if they are as the Channing episodes of the show are always fantastic, probably the best guest the channel gets (my opinion only). Was a schoolboy error when I left Sky TV without checking I'd still be able get my TV poker fix.
    Posted by shakinaces
    As far as I know, it is Ch 861 ONLY, though of course you can watch the Live Stream even if you do not have Sky TV.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks...... : I'm not a fan of these type of shows, but I will definitely watch that one, and having it before the regular season starts would be an improvemen on the 2013 version, which aired after 2 weeks of games and all the value had gone.
    Posted by FCHD
    Have to agree with that, I'm afraid! Makes no sense (to me) once the season has started, as the value has then gone.  

Fingers crossed, (it's not my decision of course) we'll try & get SPT Rich to do the NFL Show. He is sheer genius @ NFL.
  • edited April 2014
    In reply to another question, no, there will NOT be a Guineas Meeting Betting Preview Show.   It's a balance thing, not everyone enjoys these Betting Previews, so a common-sense & balanced approach is needed. After next Tuesday's US Masters Show, I believe the next scheduled one will probably be Royal Ascot. It's possible (I don't know for sure) there will be one for the Football World Cup, too. Also scheduled, for the Autumn, will be an NFL version, before the season starts.
    Posted by Tikay10

but if we get Channing on for more poker analysis in recompense I guess I could put up with a few more

amazing how just one comment from the right person at the right time can lift the scales from your eyes. really looking forward to when i have some time to play again to apply this latest insight from the great Mr Channing.
  • edited April 2014

Mr Neil Channing is Pure Class, would be great to see him & Daniel NeGranu do a Poker TV Version of the classic Smith & Jones
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Channing talks. And talks. And talks. And talks...... : but if we get Channing on for more poker analysis in recompense I guess I could put up with a few more amazing how just one comment from the right person at the right time can lift the scales from your eyes. really looking forward to when i have some time to play again to apply this latest insight from the great Mr Channing.
    Posted by GELDY
    At the risk of over-egging it, I sat there, listening to him, & was in total awe of how logically & simply he explained everything. I've never heard such concise analysis from anyone, ever.

The Show ended @ midnight, & by the time I'd driven home, & cooked a bit of dinner, it was 2am when I got to bed.

I was back in the office @ 6am on Wednesday, & the very first thing I did was write a long note to the Head of Channel, the Producer, & the Leeds Top Suits, imploring them to use Channing more for poker analysis.

They don't take much (any?) notice of me these days, I send them notes galore, lol, but I did get two encouraging replies, & now the ball is back in my court to try & move it forward, which I am on with. There are all sorts of internal politics to respect - these decisions don't sit with me, they are none of my business really - but I'm doing what I can to lobby them to do what I believe is the correct thing. In fact they agree, but it's just a question of how we overcome certain situations. 

Fingers crossed.   

• edited April 2014
    Hi Tikay
    I also love all of the betting shows that you do.Love the way you just sit back and "let 'em get on with it" so to speak.(not that you have much choice,probably)
    Mr Channing is just one of those people that when they speak you just have to listen,imo he@s different class.
    Look forward to The Masters preview next week,propably going to back Bubba Watson and Hunter Mahan but not 100% sure yet will wait for the show to hear what Neil and the others opinions are
    Thanks anyway for the great shows and all of the brilliant work you do,you're a legend!