You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

top 2 pair, facing very strong action from good reg dangerous board

edited April 2014 in The Poker Clinic
I wouldn't normally post this kind of hand, but theres 2 villians at this level where i feel this suddenly becomes a sick spot. 

In hindsight i should probably just fold pre and save the hassle. 

The reason why i post this, is because this is one of the hands where im genuinely unsure how to proceed. I pretty much rule out all Jx hands because he doesnt have any that we beat, except QJcc which we block. Same with AQcc. 

Once this specific villian 3b us on the flop his range is virtually super narrow. But at the same time we block 2 set combos and his pair + draw combos. 

Really curious on the best route to take from here

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
regSmall blind £0.02£0.02£4.00
The_Don90Big blind £0.04£0.06£4.23
 Your hole cards
  • K
  • Q

cptnbbag1Call £0.04£0.10£4.64
stokefcFold    
regRaise £0.14£0.24£3.86
The_Don90Call £0.12£0.36£4.11
cptnbbag1Fold    
Flop

• K
  • Q

regBet £0.27£0.63£3.59
The_Don90Raise £0.74£1.37£3.37
regRaise £1.85£3.22£1.74
The_Don90

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Yeah, looks like either J9 or a set of tens. Super strong, as you say.
  • edited April 2014
    Don't like raising the flop...

As played, if villains range is as narrow as you say then I have no problem with folding here and exploiting them in other spots.
  • edited April 2014
    Why raise flop if you are going to fold now? What were you hoping would happen?

What's his range? Can he have AA, AK, KJ,QJ , JT  worse 2 pair? Low clubs? I assume you are ruling out some of these holdings

I get it in. You need to provide some pretty good reads to make raise/folding top 2 on a super wet board optimal. If you are not happy getting it in surely you should flat flop