You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill n Go #2 - Best all round DYM player?

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
After the great feedback everyone has given on the recent promotion, i was thinking of a new challenge.

Based on similar format to the original but based soley on DYM's.

BUT.........

Requirements would be:

Minimum of 10 DYM's in each format, Holdem , PLO & PLO8.

Not sure of the final format as its DYM's.

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    so you are looking for the best DYM player over various games that seems like a very specific target market, I would imagine 90% of players on this site have never played a pl08 dym. I think it would be best to widen the target market if possible, maybe a minimum 50 DYM's over any format would work better?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill n Go #2 - Best all round DYM player?:
    so you are looking for the best DYM player over various games that seems like a very specific target market, I would imagine 90% of players on this site have never played a pl08 dym. I think it would be best to widen the target market if possible, maybe a minimum 50 DYM's over any format would work better?
    Posted by jordz16
    Agree with this.
  • edited April 2014

Time to give HU sngs a go!

They have a lot more going for them than dyms/6max sngs.

1) They are rapidly increasing in popularity all over the internet.

2) 5% rake as opposed to 10%. (at ALL levels)

3) 4 different structure speeds, hyper turbo, turbo, speed, regular/slow speed.

4) They are FUN, you have to play almost every single hand

5) Educational, playing HU is a great way to improve your game, it is widely recognised as the purest form of poker.

6) Available in all formats, NLHE, PLO, PLO8.

7) They are over quickly, so even players with very little playing time will be able to fit the required volume in.

Even if it's just a "long HU poker weekend" running from Friday until Monday or something, it'd be great to see sky doing something to encourage people to give these games a shot.

A lot of people are reluctant to start playing HU. Once they do, a fair few will get hooked.

Give them a nudge ! ;)

• edited April 2014
    Time to give HU sngs a go! They have a lot more going for them than dyms/6max sngs. 1) They are rapidly increasing in popularity all over the internet. 2) 5% rake as opposed to 10%. (at ALL levels) 3) 4 different structure speeds, hyper turbo, turbo, speed, regular/slow speed. 4) They are FUN, you have to play almost every single hand 5) Educational, playing HU is a great way to improve your game, it is widely recognised as the purest form of poker. 6) Available in all formats, NLHE, PLO, PLO8. 7) They are over quickly, so even players with very little playing time will be able to fit the required volume in. Even if it's just a "long HU poker weekend" running from Friday until Monday or something, it'd be great to see sky doing something to encourage people to give these games a shot. A lot of people are reluctant to start playing HU. Once they do, a fair few will get hooked. Give them a nudge ! ;)
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    +1
  • edited April 2014
    No to heads up, to many peeps will abbuse this!!!  Cheats will take a great liking to a Heads Up promo, shame as it is a great way to play aggressive. and it would be a great promo for the future but very much doubt this will happen.
  • edited April 2014
    what about best all round SNG player...

10 x standard SNG
    10 x DYM
    10 x HU

a DYM promo would suit the site tbf. I feel like a HUSNG promo would boil down to who has the best game selection + a bit of luck.

• edited April 2014

There are ways around cheating.

Take your first 50 games against your first 50 unique opponents, for example.

That's just off the top of my head, but could think of more if it's worth the effort.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill n Go #2 - Best all round DYM player? : +1
    Posted by mkgunner
    +2
  • edited April 2014
    Im not a heads up player but I think its a good idea. Collusion is the problem however and more a problem in HU than  the other formats. I think for HU they should maybe have an 8 player HU tourney or something of the sort and base it on roi again perhaps.

I think the skill and go is the best promo sky have run in my few years here

DYM's are pretty much excluded from this promo however so I agree 100% sky needs to target a promotion to dyms solely. If you won 29/30 dyms your roi would have been 75% which I dont think was enough to make the top 6 so clearly dyms are at a disadvantage.

Being an omaha player obviously I would love a combination of Holdem, PLO and PL8 but I do think this is a step too far for now for reasons said above.

My wishes are
    1-  a promo based on DYMs solely
    2 - more omaha freerolls
    3- a tourney based on mixed games ....level 1 holdem, level 2 PLO, level 3 PL8, level 4 holdem etc - no guarantees just low buy ins to see how much interest there is.

Ger
  • edited April 2014
    Im not a heads up player but I think its a good idea. Collusion is the problem however and more a problemin HU that  the other formats. I think for HU they should maybe have an 8 player HU tourney or somethign of the sort and base it on roi again perhaps. I think the skill and go has been the best promo  sky have run. DYM's are pretty much excluded from this promo however so I agree 100% sky needs to target a promotion to dyms solely. Being an omaha player obviously I would love a combination of Holdem, PLO and PL8 but I do think this is a step too far for now for reasons said above. My wishes are 1-  a promo based on DYMs solely 2 - more omaha freerolls 3- a tourney based on mixed games ....level 1 holdem, level 2 PLO, level 3 PL8, level 4 holdem etc - no guarantees just low buy ins to see how much interest there is. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Like No 3 Ger
  • edited April 2014
    Why not just 'longest winning streak at DYMs'...

Obv it's another game where rungood which be a BIG help, but a lot of skill is still gonna come in very handy, AND most importantly imo, it won't put anyone off putting in volume. If you get 8 in a row, then lose one, so what, you carry on playing your games as normal and if you get to 9+ great, if you don't you still have the best winning streak of 8.

Skill and Go was great but ideally the promo shouldn't encourage people to stop playing at a certain point.

Also it doesn't really benefit big grinders or anything. Sure the people that play 12 tables can get a TON more games in, but I'd say it's way way harder to play 100% optimally and keep up a 100% cash rate while 12tabling so they'd probably find it harder if anything to keep a winning streak going than someone who plays 2 tables. Over the course of a week or two or whatever, everyone could easy play 50+ games which is plenty enough to have multiple attempts at trying to win 10 in a row or w/e would be needed.
  • edited April 2014
    Yes the win streak is another good option. There was a smaller promo ran by Jockbmw this time last year but it was based soley on win streak for Omaha dyms.

Extending this to holdem also would be very interesting increasing the player base.

Totally agree with the point that the last thing anyone wants is to be afraid to play more games as everyone loses out here and Sky in particular.

The good thing about skill and go is that it rewarded the best performers and not just those that played the most so it was based on skill. 
    So sky need to get the right mix and come up with a formula that rewards the best performers and give those that put in the most game time a slight but only a slight advantage. Best win streak could be the solution as the winner is still going to be based on good performances and not just those that play the most.

Can I just say its amazing we are given the opportunity to discuss these options knowing sky are listening. I cannot think of any other site that compares to sky in this way.

Ger

• edited April 2014
    Yes the win streak is another good option. There was a smaller promo ran by Jockbmw this time last year but it was based soley on win streak for Omaha dyms. Extending this to holdem also would be very interesting increasing the player base. Totally agree with the point that the last thing anyone wants is to be afraid to play more games as everyone loses out here and Sky in particular. The good thing about skill and go is that it rewarded the best performers and not just those that played the most so it was based on skill.  So sky need to get the right mix and come up with a formula that rewards the best performers and give those that put in the most game time a slight but only a slight advantage. Best win streak could be the solution as the winner is still going to be based on good performances and not just those that play the most. Can I just say its amazing we are given the opportunity to discuss these options knowing sky are listening. I cannot think of any other site that compares to sky in this way. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl

Nice post Ger