You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Grand national freeroll What happend????

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
I was in 37th when 41 left in, when the 41st player got knocked out the game finished and everyone recived there horse baised on there chips they had at time of 41st player being knocked out???

Was this right to end so soon, as now i have a no-hoper in the race!!!

Comments

• edited April 2014
    That 1 will win! Believe
  • edited April 2014
    Wouldn't worry about what horse you got.
    Last year in this I got a complete no hoper called Auroras Encore : )
    Had a few quid on it aswell
    It also came with an SPT seat.
    Not sure the game should have finished when it did though.

Good Luck with your choosen horse
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Grand national freeroll What happend????:
    I was in 37th when 41 left in, when the 41st player got knocked out the game finished and everyone recived there horse baised on there chips they had at time of 41st player being knocked out??? Was this right to end so soon, as now i have a no-hoper in the race!!!
    Posted by ms-tree
    There are no no hopers in the National
  • edited April 2014
    I was in 37th when 41 left in, when the 41st player got knocked out the game finished and everyone recived there horse baised on there chips they had at time of 41st player being knocked out??? Was this right to end so soon, as now i have a no-hoper in the race!!!
    Posted by ms-tree
    Hi Ms-Tree,

I'm not 100% sure, but maybe it was designed to finish when 40 players remained. I'm not sure why it would be that way, as I suppose it could equally have played to a conclusion, but the puff & blather says.....

"....On Friday 4th April at 7pm it’s the first of our Grand National Freerolls (10 points to buy in). Finish in the top forty of the freeroll and you’ll be assigned a horse depending on where you finish in the tournament. Finish 1st and you’ll get the favourite at Aintree. Finish 40th and you’ll have the outsider....."

Anyway, it also says.....

Everyone who finishes in the top 40 of the Friday night Grand National Freeroll will win a £5 free bet with Sky Bet – meaning no one goes away empty-handed from the big race!

All the details are HERE

It's all free, so it can't be so bad.

Good luck in the race, tomorrow.
  • edited April 2014
    so any mtt tonight on sky the game ends as soon as bubble is burst??   NO i do not think so, so why couldnt us 40 play to try to improve our postion and get better horse??
  • edited April 2014
    Finish 1st and you’ll get the favourite at Aintree. Finish 40th and you’ll have the outsider....."

Finish being key word here as game did not finish!!!
  • edited April 2014
    It's a bit of fun with value added from Sky Bet, I am astonished to see someone complaining
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand national freeroll What happend????:
    so any mtt tonight on sky the game ends as soon as bubble is burst??   NO i do not think so, so why couldnt us 40 play to try to improve our postion and get better horse??
    Posted by ms-tree
    Jesus does it really matter?

They all have 4 legs. And it was a freeroll!

Woe is me on Sky once again.
  • edited April 2014
    Posted by ms-tree
    I've no idea Ms-Tree, I was just trying to assist.

Best thing is to contact Customer Care.
  • edited April 2014
    Not complaining as such, just stating this game shouldn't of ended the way it did, i am sure that others would of played this alot different if they knew it was going to end when the 41st player got knocked out!

• edited April 2014
    Even I can read between the lines that the tourney stops at 40 and you get allocated the correct horse upon 41st being eliminated.

And yes you are complaining.

Enjoy your weekend, or not. Whatever.
  • edited April 2014
    Every time SKY gives something for nothing, there is always someone that moans.

Just be grateful.

In life there are those that live & do things and there are those that moan.
  • edited April 2014
    lol everyone thinks a am moaning, i am just unsure why it ended when it did, sorry if you all feel that i have moaned!!!!

Have a great weekend all, and gl in tomorrow's big race if having a bet.
  • edited April 2014
    Your right ms tree it should have stated tourney will finish when 40 players remain.

• edited April 2014
    Posted by ms-tree

Theres no such thing as a NO-HOPER tomorrow!  It's a "Foinavon" year!  IF, as I think, you've drawn "One in a Milan"?  Stick £10 e/w on it ....you just might be surprised!!!
  • edited April 2014
    As a low stakes player on here, i thought i could try and get a good horse for tomorrows race (as love to have a crack in the super roller, against the big boys!!!).

Every horse has a chance i guess, i have been given GOLAN WAY 100/1.  

Fingers crossed it comes in the top 5, then i will see you sunday!!!

Gl all at the tables :-)

• edited April 2014
    Posted by ms-tree

some1 grab that rattle and dummie!
    seriously get a grip u got a horse and a £5 free bet

edit.. well i will apoligise and leave my comment up thought the game was set as when 40 left that was it done as in the way sats finish so my bad and again apoligies ms-tree really hope your horse does well for u and u get a seat all the best churchy
  • edited April 2014
    I am sorry but you are all wrong to be having ago at ms-tree here.

The tournie rules state

Finish in the top forty of the freeroll and you’ll be assigned a horse depending on where you finish in the tournament. Finish 1st and you’ll get the favourite at Aintree. Finish 40th and you’ll have the outsider....."

By that rule the tournie should have continued so you had the chance to finish first . It is wrong that people did not get that chance.

If you make rules you should keep them and I am sure the people complaining about ms-tree would be mightily upset if a comp they had a chance of winning was not allowed to be played to a fruition.

"its a freeroll you say" " and be thankful of what you got" that shouldn't come into it . You should stick by rules whether its Main Event or Freeroll.

Sky Poker is a good site, probably one of the best but please do not keep backing it when it makes errors. It will never improve if you keep making excuses for them.

There have been four major mistakes in comps very recently. Now with all they run I reckon the staff have to work their socks off but backing silly mistakes won't help them to get better.

Paddy Power are giving each way top ten in National tomorrow. When/IF their are only ten runners left they don't pay out then, THEY LET THE RACE FINISH!!!! Ok in that scenario its in their interest some might still fall but more importantly its per the RULES.
  • edited April 2014
    At least Tikay was constructive, some of you need to take a leaf out of his book.

Sky poker is good, it is not GOD
  • edited April 2014
    Have you considered laying it off on the exchanges????

Kick off your Saturday with an 'all green'
  • edited April 2014
    I am sorry but you are all wrong to be having ago at ms-tree here. The tournie rules state Finish in the top forty of the freeroll and you’ll be assigned a horse depending on where you finish in the tournament. Finish 1st and you’ll get the favourite at Aintree. Finish 40th and you’ll have the outsider....." By that rule the tournie should have continued so you had the chance to finish first . It is wrong that people did not get that chance. If you make rules you should keep them and I am sure the people complaining about ms-tree would be mightily upset if a comp they had a chance of winning was not allowed to be played to a fruition. "its a freeroll you say" " and be thankful of what you got" that shouldn't come into it . You should stick by rules whether its Main Event or Freeroll. Sky Poker is a good site, probably one of the best but please do not keep backing it when it makes errors. It will never improve if you keep making excuses for them. There have been four major mistakes in comps very recently. Now with all they run I reckon the staff have to work their socks off but backing silly mistakes won't help them to get better. Paddy Power are giving each way top ten in National tomorrow. When/IF their are only ten runners left they don't pay out then, THEY LET THE RACE FINISH!!!! Ok in that scenario its in their interest some might still fall but more importantly its per the RULES.
    Posted by vaigret
    +1
    Much better than i could of put it to the self appointed forum "mod's"/bullies.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand national freeroll What happend???? : I've no idea Ms-Tree, I was just trying to assist. Best thing is to contact Customer Care.
    Posted by Tikay10

Id say your right mr kay, no not peter kay mr t kay lol.

surely if its a grand national freeroll the object would be 4o runners = top 40 places.

• edited April 2014

Good evening all.

Really enjoyed this promotion

Happy to say the horse I got for the freeroll was the winner YAY, so I am playing the Super Roller tomorrow night. I also used my freebet on the horse as well to pick up £87.50 at 28/1 e/w.

I was just wondering. In the promotion it mentions getting a cash prize as well which is £200 for the winner. Could someone from Sky let me know if/when this would be paid.

Thanks

Ballboy

• edited April 2014
    Good evening all. Really enjoyed this promotion Happy to say the horse I got for the freeroll was the winner YAY, so I am playing the Super Roller tomorrow night. I also used my freebet on the horse as well to pick up £87.50 at 28/1 e/w. I was just wondering. In the promotion it mentions getting a cash prize as well which is £200 for the winner. Could someone from Sky let me know if/when this would be paid. Thanks Ballboy
    Posted by ballboy
    Nice bink oliver.... Please sir can I have some more!!!
  • edited April 2014
    That 1 will win! Believe
    Posted by LARSON7
    Oh well maybe not:(

Did you get a freebet as well? If so, hopefully that went a bit better:)

MsTree, don't take a lot of the messages on the thread personally.

You had a valid point in your OP, as vairot just demonstrated.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Grand national freeroll What happend???? : Nice bink oliver.... Please sir can I have some more!!!
    Posted by watto84
    Yeah was lucky.

It probably wouldn't go in till in the week anyway, but thought safe to check.
  • edited April 2014
    Good evening all. Really enjoyed this promotion Happy to say the horse I got for the freeroll was the winner YAY, so I am playing the Super Roller tomorrow night. I also used my freebet on the horse as well to pick up £87.50 at 28/1 e/w. I was just wondering. In the promotion it mentions getting a cash prize as well which is £200 for the winner. Could someone from Sky let me know if/when this would be paid. Thanks Ballboy
    Posted by ballboy
    BOOM!

Well done Mr Boy, what a lovely bink that was.

Here's your equine hero.