You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

I don,t know what to do

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
I woke up this morning after playing on another site last night and discovered that I had a chat ban. As my e-mail is down I have no idea what I,ve said, suffice to say that this isn,t the first time. Other players have told me that I have said awful things but I have absolutely no recollection. I suffer from blackouts( therefore I can,t drive) and have had mental issues in the past. I enjoy playing poker, win or lose, but should I stop playing because I can,t bear the thought of not knowing what I,ve said or who I,m saying it to. I don,t drink so I can,t blame alcohol and because I blackout ,I don,t go out often. Should I stop playing?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to I don,t know what to do:
    I woke up this morning after playing on another site last night and discovered that I had a chat ban. As my e-mail is down I have no idea what I,ve said, suffice to say that this isn,t the first time. Other players have told me that I have said awful things but I have absolutely no recollection. I suffer from blackouts( therefore I can,t drive) and have had mental issues in the past. I enjoy playing poker, win or lose, but should I stop playing because I can,t bear the thought of not knowing what I,ve said or who I,m saying it to. I don,t drink so I can,t blame alcohol and because I blackout ,I don,t go out often. Should I stop playing?
    Posted by robertod
    Just turn off chat. you dont need to chat to enjoy playing. If you enjoy playing keep playing if you don't....don't!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: I don,t know what to do:
    In Response to I don,t know what to do : Just turn off chat. you dont need to chat to enjoy playing. If you enjoy playing keep playing if you don't....don't!
    Posted by jdsallstar
    AGREE 100%
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to I don,t know what to do:
    Posted by robertod
    This is not something people commonly ask for but you can be blocked from chat if you wish. If you did want to do this, please contact customer care and they will help.
  • edited April 2014

... and what was the name of the person you woke up next to?

• edited April 2014
    It doesn't sound as if you've got many pleasures in your life so if you enjoy playing poker you definitely shouldn't stop playing. You should definitely switch off the chat function, though. This has two plus points, you can't inadvertantly offend others and they can't wind you up. Good luck at the tables.
  • edited April 2014
    I'm sure many of us have woken up wondering what the ell we did the night before.

Luckily for me that stopped when i met my wife.

But for others it may continue.

If so just re arrange things so they don't get in the way of what you want to do.

Gl
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: I don,t know what to do:
    I'm sure many of us have woken up wondering what the ell we did the night before. Luckily for me that stopped when i met my wife. But for others it may continue. If so just re arrange things so they don't get in the way of what you want to do. Gl
    Posted by GELDY
    GG.