You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky's The Limit (SkyWages blog)

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

Starting a blog, to document my progress in becoming a better poker player. Its a healthy outlet and also holds me accountable for my decisions and results (RE: Game Selection) provided I am honest about both. I also enjoy writing so whats not to like.

April 5th

Most emotionally drained I've ever felt. Decide to play anyway because I'm pretty sure I'm untiltable in this state due to sheer apathy. Might as well be productive. Win money on sky poker playing NL50 and NL100. Happy with play. Somewhat interesting hands:

3x 6h6s UTG, flatted by SB who is the fish, and is loose aggressive. I check back AhKs4d. He leads Jh turn, I raise, planning to give up on blank rivers, bet any 6 and bomb any K, Q, T or heart. Obv not a tonne of great barrel cards but expect to get folds from all bluffs, and Jacks. Don't think draws fold but thats actually good for me as I have the best hand a lot of times if my plan is to give up on blanks. Sometimes I bomb into his made draw butmore often he misses and it goes check check. I bomb 9h river and he calls with Ad6d. Weird river bluff against the completely wrong opponent. I'm bad w/e.

130BB's deep I 4b bluffed JTos against a min 3 bet and a BB cold call, got clicked back by original fish min 3bettor, called and c/r stacked off on Td9s2d, which I think is pretty horrible but got called randomly by AcJd and held so obv if I get called this wide its fine. Might be bad but would expect to rarely see KK, QQ or JJ here as fish love to bomb the pot pre with these hands to make them easier to play. I expect to see AA here a fucktonne. If its rainbow I think I find a fold on the flop. Might be harder to do in game though. 

KK vs A9 AIPF for 150BB pot @ 100NL. A9 holds up and we lose £75 sterling. 

4 handed 100NL @ 112BB effective stacks. Reg LAPpy fish 3x CO, I 3b TT on the button, 2 folds, fish calls. Flop JT9cc. I bet flop 14 into 23, he clicks to 28. I flat. Turn 4s. He bets 58 and leaves 15 behind. I shove and he folds. Lol. I like his bluff with absolutely ANY equity to be honest. I repped AQ, AT, Q9, QT etc very strongly. The intuitive play if I have a crusher hand is to pile the flop because of how drawy it is so he cant think I show up with one of those often.

Overall extremely happy with my play. Just smoked some pretty awful weed, but put loads of crystals from my Hindu Kush in it so pretty melted. Might play some HU200 just cause #YOLO and #SWAG.

K, played some HU vs reg at 200NL. Interesting Hands are as follows

• I raise button 2x, he 3b's to 12, I flat, board KK933, no flush. He checks calls 3 streets of ½ pot bets with 98o and I turn over T7cc for the loss of £125 sterling. #ForTheMetaGame

•  

• QJo no diamonds. We 2x BTN, he 3b's to 12, We 4b to 22, he flats, flop JTAdd. We bet 18. he calls. Turn Ah, we bet 24, he calls. Riv Qd. He checks, we check he turns over Jh8h and we feel smart.

•  

• He 2x BTN. We make it 16 with K2ss. He flats. Flop Qh5c3h. Check check. Turn Kh. We bet 14. He calls. Riv Qd. We bet 20. He calls and mucks.

•  

• We 2x BTN with AA. He 3b to 12. We 4b to 22. He 5b to 48. We jam. He SNAPS OFF the Qc9c ball and I make aces full which was the best 5 card poker hand once all 5 community cards had been dealt. God bless tilt.

APRIL:
Sky: +£570
Other Sites: -$49
Live: lol jk

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Enjoyable read, this thread looks to have serious potential!! Some decent aggro lines taken on several of those hands.

Gonna include some personal stuff? How you got into poker, spin ups , blow ups. Looking forward to reading more....

Good luck
  • edited April 2014
    Session #2So, I re-read my last post, and though the hands are kind of interesting it reads kind of badly. I'll just sick to the basic facts from now on and include more flavour text and maybe post a couple interesting hands at the end of each blog post. I've also taken to calling them session 1, 2, 3 etc instead of marking the date for 2 reasons. 1) Its redundant, the date is in the post, 2) I work nightshift, so which days which becomes a question. ANYWAY ONTO THE POKERAMENTS!
    The rest of my 200NL session went reasnably bad last night. Tried a pretty big hero bluff on the river that I actually really, really liked - but didn't work out. Pretty sure he only had 1 value hand and a bunch of missed draws in his river raise range, and I ran into the 1 hand (that I think) was in his value range. Maybe there was more though idk. Ended up losing about £360 altogether because of 2 more bluffs that were equally heroic but nowhere near as well thought out or good and were both almost definitely losing plays.
    So todays session has gone a bit better. Played 50NL and 100NL, but ended up playing almost entirely 100NL because the games were softer. Much more complete randoms sitting with complete random amounts, whereas 50NL was a minefield of solid regs. What is life?
    Ended up playing quite well imo, got into a couple really interesting spots. Got coolered a few times. Someone open shoved 56BB from the CO and I snap reshipped the ATs. Guy tables AA. What a hero. 1-2 Teddied imo.
    @SJ Will probably do a backround or a "how I got into poker" post if theres decent demand for it, but unfortunately I don't have any massive blow up or spin up stories except one when I got $4,000 confiscated from mansion when I was a 17 year old crusher and they found out I was a 17 year old crusher and I became a 17 year old crushed. But that was back when poker was easy I wasn't actually good.
    APRIL:SkyPoker: +£405.29Other Sites: $-49Live: still jkin
    And now for something completely different.
  • edited April 2014
    Ummm I'm trying to post hands but it won't copy paste the HH? Someone help please?
  • edited April 2014

hiya m8,

go to HH put in hand id when hand comes up left click and drag from top 2 bottom (not wording at ie player) it should turn blue hover over thr blue right click then click copy, then paste where you want to put it then post, hope that makes sense.

Best of Luck at the tables looking forward to reading this thread
  • edited April 2014
    lol Skywages, brilliant first post.

Really looking forward to more :)

Do you post on blonde as well?