You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Worst call ever? Def my worst beat

Im not sure how to post the hand tried copying and pasting but its not having it. 

Anyway, im in a turbo DYM, raise 3x big blind with A-8

Flop is A-J-6 rainbow (1 x spade)

I move all in, and the 1 preflop caller immediately calls. CALLS being the operative words, no other bet than my all in and he CALLED. ......... with a 4-5 of spades. He puts his tournament on the line with NOTHING.....

But he must have been psychic.....turn a spade, river a spade.......

Hand ID 

Hand History #763789921   dont know if anyone anywhere can see it but wen I see things like this, I understand where people who complain of online cheating are coming from. 

Comments

• edited April 2014
    have you ever thought to yourself that if you are expecting the rubbish to fold then really you have lost this hand anyway.

you shove with A8 on a board which had got nothing but gut shots as draws.
    so you jamming with A8. which would mean realistically that now you have lost all you chips because the hands that should be calling you are Aj AQ AK JJ 66 all of who are ahead. the hands you want to call like for instance 45s are now folding.

so basically this loss was always a loss
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Worst call ever? Def my worst beat:
    have you ever thought to yourself that if you are expecting the rubbish to fold then really you have lost this hand anyway. you shove with A8 on a board which had got nothing but gut shots as draws. so you jamming with A8. which would mean realistically that now you have lost all you chips because the hands that should be calling you are Aj AQ AK JJ 66 all of who are ahead. the hands you want to call like for instance 45s are now folding. so basically this loss was always a loss
    Posted by craigcu12
    Big fat +1. Your play is just silly

• edited April 2014
    This post scares me, the huge overjam, then complains when he gets lucky to get called by worse, worse than gets there, such is cards. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Worst call ever? Def my worst beat:
    Im not sure how to post the hand tried copying and pasting but its not having it.  Anyway, im in a turbo DYM, raise 3x big blind with A-8 Flop is A-J-6 rainbow (1 x spade) I move all in, and the 1 preflop caller immediately calls. CALLS being the operative words, no other bet than my all in and he CALLED. ......... with a 4-5 of spades. He puts his tournament on the line with NOTHING..... But he must have been psychic.....turn a spade, river a spade....... Hand ID  Hand History #763789921   dont know if anyone anywhere can see it but wen I see things like this, I understand where people who complain of online cheating are coming from. 
    Posted by 1PSTAKER
    Yes this is a pretty bad beat but I have to agree with previous replies

If you had called his shove then he got lucky I would find that harder to stomach, but that's poker!  Shoving here 99% of time means you win a hand you are miles ahead in or loose it all to a dominating hand.

Conclusion is in this instance - be results based - shoving in that spot will never give you additional value but will almost certainly mean loss of stack when ever called - unless you are the lucky one, then I guess we would not hear about it ;-)
  • edited April 2014
    If thats the worst beat you ever had your one lucky man
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Worst call ever? Def my worst beat:
    If thats the worst beat you ever had your one lucky man
    Posted by alex1229
    lmao agree