You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

if you were heads up and your opponent loses connection on returning would you let him win his chips

just had a crazy and generous opponent heads up give me my stack back after i lost connection for 5mins and  returned to the game! many thanks to 18and5 wot a star!!!! he still won though! lol. however what a very kind n fair gesture. nice one n look forward to playing you again soon mate. ;)

who would do that heads up? not many i suggest?! happy poker playin all.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Very kind man!!
  • edited April 2014
    Depends. Most people won't if they are playing against an unknown because most unknowns wouldn't do the same to them if situations are reversed. This isn't to say that generally an unknown isn't as genorous as someone you know - it's just that if they are unknown to you, you are unknown to them. And so it's just the way it is. If someone I know from the forum quite well got DC'ed against me I would just sit out until they came back. (it's easier doing that than just returning the chips which can be quite hard to do - especially if you get dealt aces!!)
  • edited April 2014
    I would 100% do the same whether it be a friend or an unknown. In a real life poker game, you wouldn't lose connection and the satisfaction of beating somebody fair and square is so much greater than winning by default. No sportsman wants to win a belt without competing and it is scenarios like this that also add to the reasons as to why Poker is such as a great game to play.

Good job 18and5!!
  • edited April 2014
    Well done Captain of the Dragons, nice gesture Ian, saw it happen at the time. 
  • edited April 2014
    Team Dragon Captain 18and5times was your opponent....Great guy & an awesome Captain...If ya free Monday nights join us an play DTD :) x
  • edited April 2014
    Great to see Ian but got to say not surprised as thats Ian nature a top guy with a excellent moral compass 
  • edited April 2014

Fair Play to Ian (18and5time) Kappo of the DRAGONS,Always leads by example & he's a True Gent n1.