You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

***** Tonight on Sky Poker with Jues & Stuart for Super Roller fun! *****

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Hey folks! Hope you're all well?

It's been an entire 4 weeks since I've been with you on 861, so what's the goss? Anything new and exciting to report? Any big wins lately? How about any new players joining us? I'm pleased to say I get to meet another member of the Sky Poker family later, your poker expert tonight, Mr Stuart Rutter! That's if he's not avoiding me again... It seems as though every show we get booked on together, something happens and it gets rearranged. I'm not that bad am I?! :) hopefully all going well, us 2 will be on your screens 7pm - midnight.

I'm currently awaiting the official show line up, but assuming the usual, it'll be something like, Thursday's SSBH final table mixed in with some Master Cash action, all building up to the BIG Super Roller! I'll let you know if I'm wrong. 

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In the meantime though, let's get this thread going and get your brains thinking shall we! I know this is pretty sad, and will probably offend 99.9% of you, but on Friday, I lived out a childhood dream and finally got to see my favourite boyband, The Backstreet Boys LIVE in concert. It was emotional. (It was actually amazing!!! How many of you think I'm a right saddo?!) Yep, you all think I'm a total and utter loser right now. 

So, on the topic (not the Backstreet Boys, don't worry) Tell me: 

Who your childhood hero was? And who is now your poker hero?

Let's make it fun! My poker hero is Orford, as he's the only person I've played poker with that actually makes me look half decent :)

Post here or email: skyopen@bskyb.com
    Or tweet: @skypoker

See you soon! Jules xx
  • edited April 2014
    Right, here is a list:

Mohammed Ali
    Rodger Wylde
    John McEnroe
    Olivia Newton John
    Marc Bolan
    Benny Hill
    Tommy Cooper
    Tom Baker

Poker Heroes?

No-one particularly (maybe I am too old for heroes), just players that look to improve themselves are the ones that I respect. One or two that spring to mind on SKY are MacMonster, BBMike, TommyD, Donttelmum, LJamesL. Beyond SKY, players like Simon Deadman, Alex Goulder and of course Stu Rutter & Ryan Spittles.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** Tonight on Sky Poker with Jues & Stuart for Super Roller fun! *****:
    Right, here is a list: Mohammed Ali Rodger Wylde John McEnroe Olivia Newton John Marc Bolan Benny Hill Tommy Cooper Tom Baker Poker Heroes? No-one particularly (maybe I am too old for heroes), just players that look to improve themselves are the ones that I respect. One or two that spring to mind on SKY are MacMonster, BBMike, TommyD, Donttelmum, LJamesL. Beyond SKY, players like Simon Deadman, Alex Goulder and of course Stu Rutter & Ryan Spittles.
    Posted by Ice_Tiger
    I have actually met four of these eight heroes. Maybe you would like to guess which four I have met and which one of them autographed my leg. Suspect that Stuart will work it out.
  • edited April 2014
    My boyhood hero was George Best, the greatest footballer I've ever seen.

My poker hero would have to be Doyle Brunson. His career has stretched from a time when poker was a somewhat seedy, and sometimes risky, backstreet game to the multi-million dollar big business that it is today and been successful in both eras.

Have a great show.
  • edited April 2014
    I am playing the Roller tonight after my horse (Pinot De Ray) from the Grand National freeroll won yesterday.

Wish me luck tonight. I need it vs a lot of good players.
  • edited April 2014
    My childhood hero was Tarzan!
    My Poker hero now is Doyle Brunson!
  • edited April 2014
    My childhood hero would have to be the power rangers because they could defeat anyone and anything 

Poker hero don't really have 
  • edited April 2014
    My non poker Heros growing up were John Barnes and William Regal and I am lucky enough to of met both of them. William Regal at wrestlemania 28 fan axxess and John Barnes at the Stevenage v Newcastle fa cup game a few years ago. Both were amazing and personal experience. I still have William Regals autograph framed and hanging up on my door. 

My poker hero?  TommyD. Nuff said
  • edited April 2014
    Roller debut tonight after satelliting in. :-)

Matt237346101Entry to £20k Super Roller
    Childhood hero was Ryan Giggs, fantastic player to watch growing up  as the younger generation.
    Don't really have a poker hero but there are a lot of players on the site i look up to, including all the tv analysts.
  • edited April 2014

Have a good show,

I learnt to play Pool at around 7-8 yrs old so  My childhood hero  was Jimmy White when he was British Pool Champion a Legend 
       Only been playing poker a short while so My Poker hero is Daniel NeGranu a Superb player, Great Character & a Pool Player as well Bomus!!!

• edited April 2014

Why oh why does Mr Rutter support a team from South Yorkshire when he is from the Midlands, obviously not a glory hunter!
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Guys,
    see your covering the super-roller - however I want to say that I feel that the I-PAD freerolls are really good, especially with the slow-blind structure (7min Blinds).

Just elminated from the 7pm FR in around 400th place, having shoved my A-A hole cards only to have my opponent out-draw me with TRIP 9's! (They Started with Pocket 9's) (my hand ID 764216311).

You think I got unlucky here?

regards
    Gary (PS I already in the turbo open)
  • edited April 2014
    Another £3 all in sat winner here, first time winning one after many attempts! Watching you guys and playing at the same time, what can be better eh :) 
  • edited April 2014
    My childhood hero was always comic book writer Todd Macfarlane, however my poker hero is Negreanu
  • edited April 2014
    I have met Rodger Wylde but it was one of the other seven that autographed my leg.

So guess again?
  • edited April 2014
    MY CHILDHOOD HERO WAS SCOOBY DOO EVERYONE LOVED SCOOBY DOO............................MY POKER HERO IS THE 1 AND ONLY TIKAY
  • edited April 2014
    I wish it was an all in satellite :-) I just ended up finishing chip leader in a £24 satellite
  • edited April 2014
    Hey guys... I find it hard to fold sets and straights, and usually the board then pairs and the full house beats me, it's alot harder to put people on a range when they just limp in with a monster etc... Any advice would be appreciated. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: ***** Tonight on Sky Poker with Jues & Stuart for Super Roller fun! *****:
    Hey guys... I find it hard to fold sets and straights, and usually the board then pairs and the full house beats me, it's alot harder to put people on a range when they just limp in with a monster etc... Any advice would be appreciated. 
    Posted by Achille1
    Tweet @starchjarvis. He can tell you how to fold a set. Just not tonight. He will be watching Wrestlemania tonight :-)
  • edited April 2014
    And the winner of the 2015 WSOP is Rutter the putter 
  • edited April 2014
    Stuart, I went to Helsinki about this time last year, fantastic place very expensive though, did you do much site-seeing?
  • edited April 2014
    Would like some advice on the sizing on all streets in this hand from main if possible please, and my river play
    Hand History #764253531
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Stu and Jules. Thanks for the mentions - Didn't last very long sadly.

Could you analyse this hand

It was the one which put me very short early on. Wasn't sure on my river play
  • edited April 2014
    Hi, again.

I very much doubt if you were planning to award me a prize but, just in case I'm wrong, please don't. I can't play weekday evenings as I work a night shift.

Great show as always.
  • edited April 2014
    Hi, again. I very much doubt if you were planning to award me a prize but, just in case I'm wrong, please don't. I can't play weekday evenings as I work a night shift. Great show as always.
    Posted by 4EVERGREEN
    Aw bless ya! Thanks for the heads up... I was gonna pick you as well!! :) 
  • edited April 2014
    I won a seat on thursdays show Jules.
  • edited April 2014
    Congratulations to ACHILLE1, MATT237 & RUBYDU who win free entry in to Tuesday's £5,000 Turbo Open!