You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Connection issues or just me?

Comments

• edited April 2014

Yo DTM.

No problems here (Sky Poker) as far as I can see, the traffic is at normal levels for midday Sunday, & I can load tables no problem. (I just loaded a few).

There ARE major problems on several other sites though, or so I've heard, due to what appears to be a widespread issue which is not the direct responsibility of the sites. I know a lot of players are struggling on 'Stars today, for example. Fingers crossed it'll sort itself out soon.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Connection issues or just me?:
    Yo DTM. No problems here (Sky Poker) as far as I can see, the traffic is at normal levels for midday Sunday, & I can load tables no problem. (I just loaded a few). There ARE major problems on several other sites though, or so I've heard, due to what appears to be a widespread issue which is not the direct responsibility of the sites. I know a lot of players are struggling on 'Stars today, for example. Fingers crossed it'll sort itself out soon.  
    Posted by Tikay10

Thanks Tikay.  Will load up 16 for a few hours.  Always wanted an ipad air!

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Connection issues or just me? : Thanks Tikay.  Will load up 16 for a few hours.  Always wanted an ipad air!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Our modem couldn't connect to the internet at all tonight from 6:15-6:55pm UK time. I think this was a BT related issue as we are on a basic BT package with 2mb download speed.

I would like faster, but beyond my control (I don't pay the bills or provide the BB - one joy of being at home STILL lol)

All back on now tho and am currently having fun with the I-PAD F/R. over 2000 runners in this one tonight, meaning the bubble's around 211th, and the late reg period's now complete.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Connection issues or just me? : Our modem couldn't connect to the internet at all tonight from 6:15-6:55pm UK time. I think this was a BT related issue as we are on a basic BT package with 2mb download speed. I would like faster, but beyond my control (I don't pay the bills or provide the BB - one joy of being at home STILL lol) All back on now tho and am currently having fun with the I-PAD F/R. over 2000 runners in this one tonight, meaning the bubble's around 211th, and the late reg period's now complete.
    Posted by GaryLaud

There have been problems most of the day for those who live in the South East of England, and are served by BT Infinity.
  • edited April 2014
    my internet has sometimes went down no matter what the site is but when i reload it, it works fine.
    i'm with sky unlimited. i guess the broadband in general is suffering problems
  • edited April 2014
    May be just me, but I use the download version of the software, and cannot load tables. I then switched to the browser version and I can load the tables. very strange.

I also tried to download the software again, but the download page has 'lost' the download button and I can't download it,????

Anyone has any suggestions??

O, and by the way, I am on BT infinity as well.

Dirk
  • edited April 2014
    Hi all I was out playing bridge for my county came back and logged on to play some poker .he web and it worked :-). It was not for long, then the client worked fine after that. It would appear that sky were not the only victoms of poor traffic.

• edited April 2014
    I noticed the other day when playing an mtt thru my browser that when I made the ft the table wouln't come up, went to lobby and I had a message saying I had been logged out due to a period of inactivity, didn't bother me at time as had above average chips but if I was short stacked it was of been a tad annoying. Anyone else had this?
  • edited April 2014
    May be just me, but I use the download version of the software, and cannot load tables. I then switched to the browser version and I can load the tables. very strange. I also tried to download the software again, but the download page has 'lost' the download button and I can't download it,???? Anyone has any suggestions?? O, and by the way, I am on BT infinity as well. Dirk
    Posted by MrDirk
    come before this, think you have to clear tinternet history and cookies ;')
  • edited April 2014
    Terrible 2 day  for  me  explorer  and chrome . Dont think its skyd fault,  just internet as a whole lately been poor, thinking these upgrades BT  etc  are doing  are slowing the networks down. Dunno not an expert like.