You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sharkscope - Friend or Foe?

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
What are peoples opinions in Sharkscope?

Being a loosing rec player - I often get berated on the tables when running good or you suck out on someone - they instantly turn to your statistics on the wonderful world of sharkscope.

Is there a way to simply opt out without having to pay to set up a Sharky account?  Sometimes I can not help but bite and tell them to look at my stars account - but what is the point! I know is just childish and a manhood measuring tool.  888 Have a total ban on these websites and stars make everyone as opted out unless you choose otherwise.

It is great Sky do not let anyone use the sharky statistic programs in the actual games - will we go one step further and prevent them from accumulating public figures?

On another note - how do these programs work?  If they can gather all that info, what is to stop some bright spark capturing all the showdown hands and gathering yet more info on players?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Yep u can opt out of SS without paying
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope - Friend or Foe?:
    Yep u can opt out of SS without paying
    Posted by VespaPX

Do you know how fella?
  • edited April 2014
    Thought you'd gone to pastures new? After all. the ''end is near'' for Sky.

If someone uses your stats against you then just report it to CC. Or grow thicker skin. Or turn chat off.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Sharkscope - Friend or Foe? : Do you know how fella?
    Posted by Nuggy962
    In the Options - top right
  • edited April 2014
    I wouldn't trust sharkscope as a whole I know a few players who have had some big cashes missed on there, plus when sky had a funny turn a few weeks back none of them mtts showed on my scope ;'(
    If you register with them just need an email you can then lock your stats. 

• edited April 2014
    Just re-read the OP and i'm confused.

This is the 2nd time you have bought up this subject and was advised to contact CC in future.

Also as a "losing rec player" why would you direct people to your stars account if you are auto opted out?
  • edited April 2014
    I wouldn't trust sharkscope as a whole I know a few players who have had some big cashes missed on there, plus when sky had a funny turn a few weeks back none of them mtts showed on my scope ;'( If you register with them just need an email you can then lock your stats. 
    Posted by j3ono
    Oh i cashed about 300 on them so im up more then i thought way to go! lol
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Sharkscope - Friend or Foe?:
    What are peoples opinions in Sharkscope? Being a loosing rec player - I often get berated on the tables when running good or you suck out on someone - they instantly turn to your statistics on the wonderful world of sharkscope. Is there a way to simply opt out without having to pay to set up a Sharky account?  Sometimes I can not help but bite and tell them to look at my stars account - but what is the point! I know is just childish and a manhood measuring tool.  888 Have a total ban on these websites and stars make everyone as opted out unless you choose otherwise. It is great Sky do not let anyone use the sharky statistic programs in the actual games - will we go one step further and prevent them from accumulating public figures? On another note - how do these programs work?  If they can gather all that info, what is to stop some bright spark capturing all the showdown hands and gathering yet more info on players?
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Sharkscope can't track individual hands only results. Only you and anyone at the table can see your hands
  • edited April 2014
    Thank you for helpful advise much appreciated :-)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Sharkscope - Friend or Foe?:
    What are peoples opinions in Sharkscope? Being a loosing rec player - I often get berated on the tables when running good or you suck out on someone - they instantly turn to your statistics on the wonderful world of sharkscope. Is there a way to simply opt out without having to pay to set up a Sharky account?  Sometimes I can not help but bite and tell them to look at my stars account - but what is the point! I know is just childish and a manhood measuring tool.  888 Have a total ban on these websites and stars make everyone as opted out unless you choose otherwise. It is great Sky do not let anyone use the sharky statistic programs in the actual games - will we go one step further and prevent them from accumulating public figures? On another note - how do these programs work?  If they can gather all that info, what is to stop some bright spark capturing all the showdown hands and gathering yet more info on players?
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Ignore them - like you say it's childish ego milarky :) Poker pro labs has 888 player stats.

You'd probably get berrated as much for blocking lol - rise above it, play your game whilst attemting to improve and ignore them :)
  • edited April 2014

Don't use it 
  • edited April 2014
    A very big friend !