You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

To play like a fresh fish, or not? (FreshFish1's Skypoker challenge and diary)

2»

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Good day yesterday:0)

Football betting was a disaster but poker was OK. Didn't play any tourneys but nearly Satted into the Primo for £6 - came 4th for nothing after making a dumb move on the FT:(

Cash went well though and felt good. Got 1 or 2 lucky breaks but generally felt in control of my play. It's a nice feeling when you believe you are playing well and the results go your way. Up about 5 BI's for NL20 for the day!

Still waiting for any advice on that BH hand peeps:0)
  • edited May 2014
    I haven't really played yet today apart from five minutes when my session was unexpectedly interrupted but i have just joined Team Poker Titans - thanks to Pokertrev for inviting me.

Looking forward to playing in my first forum dtd tonight and see what i can do. Let's see if i can start climbing out of a £500 hole acquired since i joined sky in 2011! You may see me on some cash too and hopefully my good weekend will continue where i've made about another £200 to add to the br, currently around the £750 mark.
  • edited May 2014
    Keep it up freshfish...gl climbing out of the hole, it will be the best feeling when you get out of it! x
  • edited May 2014
    BH hand.
    Pre: Fine.
    Flop: Bad. By c/r allin what will call you that you are ahead of? Very dry flop. Should c/c here and then see what happens. If he puts you allin then we can fold as we still have a decent stack. 

You play cash and are good enough to know that you have to continually adapt your play through the streets. You may have had a good plan pre but always re-evaluate after each street. 
  • edited May 2014
    Ty craig for input and ty mrs d for gl:0)

Craig, obviously plan was to flop nice and gii but that failed! However with the ace i was caught in two minds and only 15 or so secs to decide. I thought cbetting wasnt great as i burn half my stack and fold to a shove. With this particular villain tho he limp called and called raises ip very wide with his stack and pretty much betted any flop either with a lead if he was oop or after a check. He had built his stack up this way by forcing people to either fold or gii over the top for their tournament life and got many many folds. My initial reaction was damn and hope to check it down. Knowing the villain would bet anything here essentially making me decide for my tournament life played a part in my decision. He obviously has any ace small here in his range but also any connecting cards upto the likes of jt maybe qj and small pairs. He raises big aces/pairs pre imo. I just thought at the last seconds there was more than enough complete bluffs compared to his value range to move in here. He calls any 7 or q, weak draws etc... And folds his air (based on what ive seen through the ft). Im well in the hunt for first if he folds or calls with worse and obviously out if i got it wrong, which i did!

Maybe i shouldve either just jammed pre (but thought my hand was too good for this) or just cf as i still have enough to make moves in more favourable spots?
  • edited May 2014
    I know what your saying and getting it in pre is a mistake as you want this player in. He called with Q7 so he is calling very, very wide BUT by shoving here your both wasting a chance to call him down when he is bluffing or with weaker hands (which you said is a lot) and I wouldn't even mind if you called him down and called off because he is doing this much, much wider than when he calls off your all in.

Check folding the flop would be wrong and the poker gods actually gave you a chance to fold correctly for the wrong reasons (the A) as im pretty certain when you call flop he ships turn and you can, sigh, and fold.
  • edited May 2014
    I know what your saying and getting it in pre is a mistake as you want this player in. He called with Q7 so he is calling very, very wide BUT by shoving here your both wasting a chance to call him down when he is bluffing or with weaker hands (which you said is a lot) and I wouldn't even mind if you called him down and called off because he is doing this much, much wider than when he calls off your all in.

Good point here Craig, ty:)

As I mentioned earlier, I joined Team Poker Titans yesterday afternoon and entered the DTD tourneys. In my debut outing I managed a 2nd in DTD, 22nd in DTD3 and nowhere in DTD2. Ended up 5th on the leaderboard for the night so pretty chuffed with my first contribution for the team. Hopefully this will be the start of climbing out of that £500 hole Sharkscope tells me I'm in:)

£42 for 2nd in DTD and approx. £20 up in cash for the day (didn't play too much though) made a good day all round - BR up and over £800

@Ducky - I'm catching you up lol:)
  • edited May 2014
    Back a bit in the hole:(
    Didnt play tuesday or yesterday but got my rewards payment of about £25. Decided to treat myself to the 12k bh tonight. Got 2 bounties so needed one more to break even and a shortie with a £30 head that i just cover moves in and i call with jacks. He has ace ten and flopped ace cripples me sigh:/ out next hand!
    Then out of mini soon after and was chipleader in a s&g with 3 left. I had 6000 to their 2000 each, flop trip fives and gii vs tt, river ten, next hand i shove with jj and snapped by aa, out!
    So i play cash and 5 mins in gii with qq vs aa, £15 dumped and then i gave up:/
    Overall loss of £35 but still a bit sick on bh as £30 bounty wouldve seen me in the black for sure and above average stack with 90 or so left bah! 
    Lets see if tomorrow is better
  • edited May 2014
    Well for better or worse I pulled the lot out last night. Had a really heavy week work wise so haven't played at all since the weekend. Overall just shy of £700 came out with a peak BR of just over £850. Interestingly I noticed the start of a downswing last Friday, clawed a bit back and then dropped over £100 in one day.
    When you start on one it hard to get out of it as you seem to get a one all the beats happening one after the other which can sometimes (or used to always) tilt me. Got in the wrong frame of mind and think that if I'd have carried on I'd have just dumped more and more:(
    Not sure what to do now as I still want to play but needed that money for home improvements so it's not like I can deposit a couple of hundred quid and go again. However, depositing £50 and playing NL4 doesn't really do it as I get bored playing that low and has a blatant disregard for £4 at a time! It's not really big enough for any MTTs unless I get lucky and bink one early or SNG's for that matter. 30/60DYM's aren't an option as I think I'd rather watch paint dry!
    Anyone got any ideas as I don't really want to put more than £50 back to start over and Mrs FF knows how much is in the bank LOL!:)
  • edited May 2014
    Damn life and it's never ending list of expenses :(

Sounds like you may need to take a sh!t or bust approach and allow yourself a couple of bullets to try and spin back up and take a breather (to save up a bigger bankroll) if not... £50 to play a couple of bigger buy in BH or 2-table NL20/5-table NL10 and spin... spin... spin!

You've evidently got the skills to run up a roll if the poker gods are kind in the early days... and a few more winnings sound like they would be a big help to the life roll.
  • edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: To play like a fresh fish, or not? (FreshFish1's Skypoker challenge and diary):
    Well for better or worse I pulled the lot out last night. Had a really heavy week work wise so haven't played at all since the weekend. Overall just shy of £700 came out with a peak BR of just over £850. Interestingly I noticed the start of a downswing last Friday, clawed a bit back and then dropped over £100 in one day. When you start on one it hard to get out of it as you seem to get a one all the beats happening one after the other which can sometimes (or used to always) tilt me. Got in the wrong frame of mind and think that if I'd have carried on I'd have just dumped more and more:( Not sure what to do now as I still want to play but needed that money for home improvements so it's not like I can deposit a couple of hundred quid and go again. However, depositing £50 and playing NL4 doesn't really do it as I get bored playing that low and has a blatant disregard for £4 at a time! It's not really big enough for any MTTs unless I get lucky and bink one early or SNG's for that matter. 30/60DYM's aren't an option as I think I'd rather watch paint dry! Anyone got any ideas as I don't really want to put more than £50 back to start over and Mrs FF knows how much is in the bank LOL!:)
    Posted by freshfish1
    I meant withdraw 10% not leave 10%!! :(
    Ohwell! You can def comeback from £50 :)
    Goodluck!