You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

time to give up on rollers??

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
So last night I went out of roller for the 3rd time in a row when all my chips were in and lost to another player with 10% chance of winning. Is anyone else this unlucky? Lol

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Im miles ahead everytime until river. Iust wondering if any of the profitable players are as unlucky as this. Had AK v AQ a flop he bet I rr... turn im all in q river... 200k pot. Ouch!
  • edited April 2014
    Well talking to you at the tables yeaterday you bubbled a sat and paid the rest with cash, then you covered the buyin with cash. Now I see you won a semi seat and cashed in the main event. Silly thread if you ask me ;') wd
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers??:
    Well talking to you at the tables yeaterday you bubbled a sat and paid the rest with cash, then you covered the buyin with cash. Now I see you won a semi seat and cashed in the main event. Silly thread if you ask me ;') wd
    Posted by j3ono
    Lol just be nice for my hands to hold up when im miles ahead on these ones. Be nice to final table it 
  • edited April 2014
    ask dd for tips, I've heard they might re name it, lol 
  • edited April 2014
    ask dd for tips, I've heard they might re name it, lol 
    Posted by j3ono
    Isthat divsdreams? i dont think i played badlyu at all i bet he 3 bet i called a flop he bet i doubled his bet he called 6 turn he checked i shoved 50k in he called. Not sure if i should have just shoved him pre but had 100k chips so would like to see flop rather then run into a big pair and not hit? 
  • edited April 2014
    Yeah ;')
    Wouldn't ask me for advice, but guessing if I had cashed and the villian had 3 bet and I had ak I'm shipping pre and if he calls so be it. tbf was the same exit i recieved when I played it before. 
    Maybe post the hand in the mtt help pages, but delete all the ids ;')
  • edited April 2014
    Yeah ;') Wouldn't ask me for advice, but guessing if I had cashed and the villian had 3 bet and I had ak I'm shipping pre and if he calls so be it. tbf was the same exit i recieved when I played it before.  Maybe post the hand in the mtt help pages, but delete all the ids ;')
    Posted by j3ono
    yeah true maybe i played pre badly then. I should try not to focus on the £££ but he knew i was big i could of had a set and he still called aq there so maybe he would of called that pre anyway. How do i post the hands on here i tried copy and paste but came out dodgy
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : Lol just be nice for my hands to hold up when im miles ahead on these ones. Be nice to final table it 
    Posted by upaymenow

I think everyone entering it has the same goal, given that its a roller id assume a decent propertion are winning players. 

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : I think everyone entering it has the same goal, given that its a roller id assume a decent propertion are winning players. 
    Posted by The_Don90
     I agree with you there i just need a bit of luck thrown in luck that my 70% chance of winning hands win lol ;)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : yeah true maybe i played pre badly then. I should try not to focus on the £££ but he knew i was big i could of had a set and he still called aq there so maybe he would of called that pre anyway. How do i post the hands on here i tried copy and paste but came out dodgy
    Posted by upaymenow

think you can only post hands thru Internet Explorer, don't work thru the download client
    I maybe wrong
  • edited April 2014
    in terms of standard of play the roller is by far the best on sky by mile, theres still lots of value tho to be had. ive never final tabled it either so u arnt on ur own on that score, id definalty be looking to get AK in pre aswell against divsdreams depending on stack sizes, ive played u a fair bit and with all due respect divs will own u 9 times out of 10 post flop wen u dont hit. you might wanna quit the limping/limp calling aswell if u wanna improve. just my thoughts. gl at the tables.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : yeah true maybe i played pre badly then. I should try not to focus on the £££ but he knew i was big i could of had a set and he still called aq there so maybe he would of called that pre anyway. How do i post the hands on here i tried copy and paste but came out dodgy
    Posted by upaymenow
    BTN vs blinds and 30bb's deep I would definitely just be shoving pre with your hand. I don't know if I can fold if you shove pre tho - it's not usually a good idea to 3bet/fold a hand as strong as AQs.

There was no way I could have got away from my hand post. I made a v small (standard) 1/3 psb on something like a A64 flop and you min-r me. I can't exactly go putting you on 66 or 44 and I figure AK shoves pre so I'm probably still ahead. And with just less than a half pot sized bet left OTT I can't fold there either. 

If the hand was the other way around and you were dealt AQ in the BB, I don't think you can get away from it no matter how you play it? In short then, it was just a cooler where I was originally on the unfortunate end because of being dealt AQ pre-flop but turned out to be the fortunate end because of the outdraw!!

If you keep getting far in the roller then you're obviously doing something right and eventually your hands will hold! Don't know how you got your stack last night, but it's probably likely that you got there by outdrawing someone at least once or by getting into a cooler situation! We tend to forget those moments though and only remember the ones where we get outdrawn!!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to time to give up on rollers??:
    So last night I went out of roller for the 3rd time in a row when all my chips were in and lost to another player with 10% chance of winning. Is anyone else this unlucky? Lol
    Posted by upaymenow

Almost every MTT grinder is that unlucky at times yes.
    Unfortunatley when it happens at really important times in the big ones it stings but if you are going to grind Mtts it is going to happen.
  • edited April 2014
    in terms of standard of play the roller is by far the best on sky by mile, theres still lots of value tho to be had. ive never final tabled it either so u arnt on ur own on that score, id definalty be looking to get AK in pre aswell against divsdreams depending on stack sizes, ive played u a fair bit and with all due respect divs will own u 9 times out of 10 post flop wen u dont hit. you might wanna quit the limping/limp calling aswell if u wanna improve. just my thoughts. gl at the tables.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    it wasntr divs. it was the guy who wrote below you.. Im no pro but learning more each day. Thanks for the advice
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : BTN vs blinds and 30bb's deep I would definitely just be shoving pre with your hand. I don't know if I can fold if you shove pre tho - it's not usually a good idea to 3bet/fold a hand as strong as AQs. There was no way I could have got away from my hand post. I made a v small (standard) 1/3 psb on something like a A64 flop and you min-r me. I can't exactly go putting you on 66 or 44 and I figure AK shoves pre so I'm probably still ahead. And with just less than a half pot sized bet left OTT I can't fold there either.  If the hand was the other way around and you were dealt AQ in the BB, I don't think you can get away from it no matter how you play it? In short then, it was just a cooler where I was originally on the unfortunate end because of being dealt AQ pre-flop but turned out to be the fortunate end because of the outdraw!! If you keep getting far in the roller then you're obviously doing something right and eventually your hands will hold! Don't know how you got your stack last night, but it's probably likely that you got there by outdrawing someone at least once or by getting into a cooler situation! We tend to forget those moments though and only remember the ones where we get outdrawn!!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Well at least i know i wouldn't of won anymore and will be braver next time. I never sucked anyone out last night i was hitting everything lol. had aces 5 times. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to time to give up on rollers?? : Almost every MTT grinder is that unlucky at times yes. Unfortunatley when it happens at really important times in the big ones it stings but if you are going to grind Mtts it is going to happen.
    Posted by jonjo75
    This is tue just 3 times on the trott ouchy
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : Well at least i know i wouldn't of won anymore and will be braver next time. I never sucked anyone out last night i was hitting everything lol. had aces 5 times. 
    Posted by upaymenow
    Exactly that's the point - luck comes in all forms. Sometimes it is outdrawing someone and other times it is just hitting everything. My unluckiness last night came from the fact I didn't get many good cards and I couldn't hit many flops when I played hands. My luckiness came from the fact that twice I got a v lucky river and once I got an extremely lucky flop when my tournament life was on the line!!

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: time to give up on rollers?? : Exactly that's the point - luck comes in all forms. Sometimes it is outdrawing someone and other times it is just hitting everything. My unluckiness last night came from the fact I didn't get many good cards and I couldn't hit many flops when I played hands. My luckiness came from the fact that twice I got a v lucky river and once I got an extremely lucky flop when my tournament life was on the line!!
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    Im just happy I couldn't of won anymore then I did and will learn from my preflop play another time. Wd by the way

• edited April 2014
    Hiya
    You are not the only player feeling sorry for themselves this morning. I too have endured a pathetic weekend on the Sky poker-tables - Was eliminated from the I-PAD FR last night after being dealt A-A's I Shoved, got a call - My Oppy was on 9's. He rivered a SET and my AA's ended up being No-Good!

Had a similar experience in one of my 30p DYM's - I shoved Pre-Flop with AA's after my OOPY shoves in front of my, He turn's over Q-J os and ends up flopping 2x pair - Turn & River no help, bye bye me!

I ran badly all weekend in my DYM's - played 9, cashed in 3 of them! (Net loss of -£1.20) So yea, I too am licking my wounds, but unlike yourself I now have a blank bankroll and will have to deposit to continue or just play the freerolls and playmoney tables.

I've opened a new topic to ask people thier though's on where I go from here and what sort of games I should try next - your contribution would be most welcome. 
  • edited April 2014
    Hiya You are not the only player feeling sorry for themselves this morning. I too have endured a pathetic weekend on the Sky poker-tables - Was eliminated from the I-PAD FR last night after being dealt A-A's I Shoved, got a call - My Oppy was on 9's. He rivered a SET and my AA's ended up being No-Good! Had a similar experience in one of my 30p DYM's - I shoved Pre-Flop with AA's after my OOPY shoves in front of my, He turn's over Q-J os and ends up flopping 2x pair - Turn & River no help, bye bye me! I ran badly all weekend in my DYM's - played 9, cashed in 3 of them! (Net loss of -£1.20) So yea, I too am licking my wounds, but unlike yourself I now have a blank bankroll and will have to deposit to continue or just play the freerolls and playmoney tables. I've opened a new topic to ask people thier though's on where I go from here and what sort of games I should try next - your contribution would be most welcome. 
    Posted by GaryLaud
    I think in the 30p dyms people aren't playing as tight as yourself so could be very hard to win? since they are more likely to fish not worrying if they lose 30p?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to time to give up on rollers??:
    Posted by upaymenow
    Hi Mr Now,

Unlucky there, but, to assist in your enjoyment of the beautiful game, it might be useful to lower your expectations a tinsy-winsy bit in these jobbies.

The Big Boys will doubtless supply us with the exact numbers, but all things being equal, & over time, to allow for variance, & assuming you are a player of average competence, in the Sunday Roller, you will.... 

FAIL to cash 90% of the time. (& thus cash 10% of the time, or 1 time in 10).

Make the Final Table one time every 35 attempts. (Roughly 3%).

WIN it once every 200 attempts, or, roughly, 0.5% of the time. 

Ignoring the weird & wonderful tricks that Variance is capable of, good players will do a bit better than that, & inexperienced players a bit worse.

Good luck.   

• edited April 2014
    In Response to time to give up on rollers?? : Hi Mr Now, Unlucky there, but, to assist in your enjoyment of the beautiful game, it might be useful to lower your expectations a tinsy-winsy bit in these jobbies. The Big Boys will doubtless supply us with the exact numbers, but all things being equal, & over time, to allow for variance, & assuming you are a player of average competence, in the Sunday Roller, you will....  FAIL to cash 90% of the time. (& thus cash 10% of the time, or 1 time in 10).   Make the Final Table one time every 35 attempts. (Roughly 3%).   WIN it once every 200 attempts, or, roughly, 0.5% of the time.  Ignoring the weird & wonderful tricks that Variance is capable of, good players will do a bit better than that, & inexperienced players a bit worse.   Good luck.     
    Posted by Tikay10
    Great I mayaswell quit now then haha. And im miss now :) 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to time to give up on rollers?? : Hi Mr Now, Unlucky there, but, to assist in your enjoyment of the beautiful game, it might be useful to lower your expectations a tinsy-winsy bit in these jobbies. The Big Boys will doubtless supply us with the exact numbers, but all things being equal, & over time, to allow for variance, & assuming you are a player of average competence, in the Sunday Roller, you will....  FAIL to cash 90% of the time. (& thus cash 10% of the time, or 1 time in 10).   Make the Final Table one time every 35 attempts. (Roughly 3%).   WIN it once every 200 attempts, or, roughly, 0.5% of the time.  Ignoring the weird & wonderful tricks that Variance is capable of, good players will do a bit better than that, & inexperienced players a bit worse.   Good luck.     
    Posted by Tikay10

Unless your DivsDreams ha.

• edited April 2014
    Hiya You are not the only player feeling sorry for themselves this morning. I too have endured a pathetic weekend on the Sky poker-tables - Was eliminated from the I-PAD FR last night after being dealt A-A's I Shoved, got a call - My Oppy was on 9's. He rivered a SET and my AA's ended up being No-Good! Had a similar experience in one of my 30p DYM's - I shoved Pre-Flop with AA's after my OOPY shoves in front of my, He turn's over Q-J os and ends up flopping 2x pair - Turn & River no help, bye bye me! I ran badly all weekend in my DYM's - played 9, cashed in 3 of them! (Net loss of -£1.20) So yea, I too am licking my wounds, but unlike yourself I now have a blank bankroll and will have to deposit to continue or just play the freerolls and playmoney tables. I've opened a new topic to ask people thier though's on where I go from here and what sort of games I should try next - your contribution would be most welcome. 
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Ur upset for the price of a loaf of bread?? Nobody can be that skint !!!!!

My BR management is awful but I can still manage a 60 p DYM or two.

Lager is £3 a pint. have it.