You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Help,advice,tips

edited April 2014 in Betting Chat
I do a lot of small footy and horse bets but last nite won a £50 free bet which way should I ( invest) it ie footy bet or horses how about a lucky 15 or small acca help please

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Whenever I get a free bet like this I'd look for a market with only 2 outcomes
    (unders/overs or a darts match for example)
    Preferably where the odds are ~10/11 the pair

Rage the free bet on 1 outcome.

Either hedge an equal amount on another site or lay your bet off on the exchanges.

This might seem a bit spineless but,

these bets are usually part of  a so called 'risk free' promo whihch is inherently not RISK FREE

Using ^^this strategy you do at least get risk free money to reappropriate as you see fit.
  • ommomm
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Help,advice,tips:
    I do a lot of small footy and horse bets but last nite won a £50 free bet which way should I ( invest) it ie footy bet or horses how about a lucky 15 or small acca help please
    Posted by anonymous
    To get the best +ev out of the free bet I would recommend reading the mathmatics and betting thread on Blonde. Here is the link

Not sure if I'm allowed to post that here so the mods may take it off (sorry if that's the case)
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks omm for the link but it didn't make much sense to me what would you personally put £50 on
  • edited April 2014
    Hi millwise,

The easy answer is on

A WINNER

joking apart I have a feeling you have to put it on one outcome ie lucky 15  out I think. 

my suggestion would be 

Miss France £25 ew at 7-1 for the 1000 guineas.

• edited April 2014
    Hi father thanks for the advice when is the 1000 gs 
  • edited April 2014
    couple of weeks time

4th May

if you are thinking of doing it need to get on to get the price. It will be shorter on day
  • edited April 2014
    scotish derby final 
    saturday night

£20 win holdem spy 2/1
    £20 win mind the net 2/1
    £5 reverse forcast the two
    or
    £25 reverse forcast if your feeling brave
    traps 5 and 6 the other four are all railers which is a recipe for plenty on trouble leaving 5 and 6 to fight it out.
    its live on sky channel 212
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks bad boy but I think it has to be all wagered in one go is that right father
  • ommomm
    edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Help,advice,tips:
    Hi millwise, The easy answer is on A WINNER joking apart I have a feeling you have to put it on one outcome ie lucky 15  out I think.  my suggestion would be  Miss France £25 ew at 7-1 for the 1000 guineas.  
    Posted by vaigret

Miss France at 7-1 is ok (as it is the same on betfair) but do not do it ew, to maximise your free bet you must do it win only. You lose too much on the place part as you don't get back the stake (as it's a free bet).

You can't split the free bet either so it must be place on one selection only eg  you cannot put £10 on x and £10 on y and £30 on z. If you do that after the first bet you will not get replacement free bets as change. Also do not put it on a Lucky 15 or multiples. They are heavily in the bookies favour.

You asked what I would do, I'm not much of a tipster I just follow the right people who are tipsters and they do quite well, as well as this with a free bet I would generally follow the maths which could be as simple as finding a bet where the price beats betfair. This is what makes Vaigrets bet ok to do. You could also look at The. Masters if you want to go for a big payday if the free bet is with Sky you could do worse than having Zach Johnson @35-1

Whatever you choose Goodluck, hope it's been abit helpful. 
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks omm I think u mite be right I like the look of an e/w on the masters a bit of value 
  • edited April 2014
    scotish derby final  saturday night £20 win holdem spy 2/1 £20 win mind the net 2/1 £5 reverse forcast the two or £25 reverse forcast if your feeling brave traps 5 and 6 the other four are all railers which is a recipe for plenty on trouble leaving 5 and 6 to fight it out. its live on sky channel 212
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Went exactly as forecast first corner pile up 2 on the deck 6 beat 5 forecast paid about 7/1!
  • edited April 2014
    Brilliant tip badboy, I remember years ago when I used to spend Saturday mornings in the bookies doing Hackney and Crayford dogs.

5 runner open race with trap 4 missing. Inside three all railers and traps 5 at 6-1 and trap 6 at 100-1. Had trouble written all over it, told other punters in the shop and about five of us had rev/forcasts 5 and 6. 6 beat 5 after carnage on first bend. I was toast of the shop for a couple of weeks after that.

Those were the days.
  • edited April 2014
    Brilliant tip badboy, I remember years ago when I used to spend Saturday mornings in the bookies doing Hackney and Crayford dogs. 5 runner open race with trap 4 missing. Inside three all railers and traps 5 at 6-1 and trap 6 at 100-1. Had trouble written all over it, told other punters in the shop and about five of us had rev/forcasts 5 and 6. 6 beat 5 after carnage on first bend. I was toast of the shop for a couple of weeks after that.   Those were the days.
    Posted by vaigret
    Thanks Father not a big greyhound follower found chanel 212 a few weeks ago and am really enjoying a few bets and a few beers every saturday night.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Help,advice,tips : Thanks Father not a big greyhound follower found chanel 212 a few weeks ago and am really enjoying a few bets and a few beers every saturday night.
    Posted by BADBOY985
    Keep having fun