You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

this is just a moan!!!!we were all beginners one day so why laugh and joke and call me names come i

• hi i got a little complaint for u all .. i love sjy poker i love sky tv.. i like playing poker and i other things in life.. ive been playing poker since i was 16 im 40 now and im a hobby player.. im happy to lose 40-100 playing online dyms and tournaments. i like MOST of the players i meet the chats and banter we all have.. what i don't get. is 2 or 3 so called sharks "the pros" sitting on 10 eleven pound double ya money tables. not a problem good luck.. what i don't like is when they decide to chat in the chat box avout how bad a player i am.. to be honest i think it was the other lad.. but i didnt need to read it all .and his or my confidence isnt going to bw very good it while im playing.. 

• thats like me saying why have u got a womans name on here and use a woman avato to play r are u a transvestite or gay.. u little bold take headed freak!! and ive never met ya but i know thats what ya look like.. im not interested in all the perfect ways rules and regulations of the game. and i aint bothered if u 20=30 quid of me for the plessure of u boring me so much.. but please keep ya snidy digs, remarks and chatter like that i was reading to yourself.. im a woman and i i know u may know all the rules to the game. but u definitely dont know the complete rules of commen curti              stiy and politeness.… or if we bother you that much grow some balls and go on the higher paid tables.. dont ask me or others why we did that or pushed then. or raised at that point.. we are forever learners who enjoy the game etc.. but we didi it cause we wanted to.. anf your moaning becuse it put u ut the game. im still in !!! 

• i find this so rude and embarrassing . if you want to help us real beginners. maybe sky should give us message boxes so we can talk to players n people in personal by message. and tell us to do this is anfd that .. im a busy woman i cant watch sky poker all day like most jobless people .. sorry if i sound a moaning old trowel i just will not except rudeness

Comments

• edited April 2014
    i could name and shame these people but i have calmed down now 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: this is just a moan!!!!we were all beginners one day so why laugh and joke and call me names come i don't do it like u geek muppets:
    i could name and shame these people but i have calmed down now 
    Posted by katieboobs
    They sound like complete w@nkers. Out 'em . . . . . . .
  • edited April 2014
    Had the same myself from one person who plays the 11 quid sng's all day, the comment I remember that stands out was what a bad call I made cus I called his shove and he went out 4th..... fact I had a better hand and was always in front did't seem to matter....

I wouldn't worry about it in fact take that sort of c**p as a compliment, if they're getting annoyed its usually cus you've got the better of them.... they don't do it when they're winning.

• edited April 2014
    Hello,

Please report instances such as this to Customer Care, they can investigate and deal with this on a one to one basis. Through Customer Care is the place to name the players who are being abusive in the chatbox.

I appreciate you not naming and shaming on here but please do report to Customer Care so we can stamp this out.

Sam

• edited April 2014
    chatbox is a very titling place at times, i had some fool telling me i was incorrect to call him the other night on the bubble of a tournament because of icm, never mind the fact i had JJ and he had 66 and the min cash was less than the buy in fee he still for some reason thinks my play is terrible, he continued to wind me up for the rest of the game being an absolute knobhead until i eventually knocked chat off because the arguing was starting to affect my game, to make matters worse he ended up beating me heads up, i did turn chat back on after he won to tell him that i hope he gets run over by a bus which was out of order and totally over the top but he got inside my head and tilted the s*** out of me and i just snapped.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: this is just a moan!!!!we were all beginners one day so why laugh and joke and call me names come i don't do it like u geek muppets:
    chatbox is a very titling place at times, i had some fool telling me i was incorrect to call him the other night on the bubble of a tournament because of icm, never mind the fact i had JJ and he had 66 and the min cash was less than the buy in fee he still for some reason thinks my play is terrible, he continued to wind me up for the rest of the game being an absolute knobhead until i eventually knocked chat off because the arguing was starting to affect my game, to make matters worse he ended up beating me heads up, i did turn chat back on after he won to tell him that i hope he gets run over by a bus which was out of order and totally over the top but he got inside my head and tilted the s*** out of me and i just snapped.
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Ha ha just seen this and i remember that night. Ran into the same guy again, slated my play in a similar spot to yours but this time i had QQ and he had 10 10. idiot
  • edited April 2014
    Hi everyone,

Although Sky_SamT is right, and you should report this type of behaviour to Customer Care, if you find that chat from one particular player is throwing you off your game, you can mute them!

Click on the player to bring up their notes, and next to the colour picker there is a small speaker:

Using this button, you can toggle chat on and off for a specific player, while still chatting with other players. This only affects your current game.

Please note: a muted player can still see your chat, even if you're ignoring any of theirs!

Thanks,

Chris
    Sky Poker Technical Team
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: this is just a moan!!!!we were all beginners one day so why laugh and joke and call me names come i don't do it like u geek muppets : Ha ha just seen this and i remember that night. Ran into the same guy again, slated my play in a similar spot to yours but this time i had QQ and he had 10 10. idiot
    Posted by Matt237
    yeah its a definate mistake getting our chips in with 80% equity, dont know what goes threw our heads at times.
  • edited April 2014
    Get it all the time I'm not the best .. I play for fun . If I eventually do win a game I get slated ... The amount  I lose , I never moan . A beat is a beat .. Would they complain if they beat me with a q 3 and I have bullets ???  

• edited May 2014
    Most importantly it's best to have a plan for how to handle the situation when it arises. You are less likely to get upset if you know what steps you are going to take.

What I do is try to think it is their problem they are being rude. If they are being rude it is usually because they are upset. I now have a better chance against them if I remain calm and play my best. Even if I know I'm not the best player, I can just try to laugh and have fun and still play my best game. If you do get upset try not to make bad plays you wouldn't normally make.

If someone calls me a donk, I usually say "eey ore".

If someone calls me a muppet, I say "mnamna".

You can always just say, "You just don't understand the subtleties of my play." or "I am just setting you up, but you don't realize it. Even now." You know it's not true but it can lighten your mood.

They may get more upset or laugh as well, but that's up to them.
  • edited May 2014
    Pm me the names and I'm happy to play them! 
  • edited May 2014
    Most importantly it's best to have a plan for how to handle the situation when it arises. You are less likely to get upset if you know what steps you are going to take. What I do is try to think it is their problem they are being rude. If they are being rude it is usually because they are upset. I now have a better chance against them if I remain calm and play my best. Even if I know I'm not the best player, I can just try to laugh and have fun and still play my best game. If you do get upset try not to make bad plays you wouldn't normally make. If someone calls me a donk, I usually say "eey ore". If someone calls me a muppet, I say "mnamna". You can always just say, "You just don't understand the subtleties of my play." or "I am just setting you up, but you don't realize it. Even now." You know it's not true but it can lighten your mood. They may get more upset or laugh as well, but that's up to them.
    Posted by bet72off
    Massive plus 1!! good advise - mist f those plyers who are troll chatting - are tilted or not concentrating on their game

• edited May 2014
    Did u ever see phil over berating players?-? Nuff said
  • edited May 2014
    fagrash should be on the list