You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

A possible promotion idea for the future.

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
Okay before i start feel free to shoot me down if what i'm saying wouldn't work or has been tried before. I propose a certain challenge split into high stakes players and low stakes players. 3 winners of the high stakes promotion and 3 winners of the low stakes promotion will be rewarded with the chance to play at the same cash table (probably £5-£10), the catch is. That the low stakes winners are stumped up the cash and get to keep any profits after the session is over (similar to the big game) and what is in it for the high stakes players I hear you ask. Well they get the chance to play £5-£10 with three possible micro stakes cash players.

Comments

• edited April 2014
    In Response to A possible promotion idea for the future.:
    Okay before i start feel free to shoot me down if what i'm saying wouldn't work or has been tried before. I propose a certain challenge split into high stakes players and low stakes players. 3 winners of the high stakes promotion and 3 winners of the low stakes promotion will be rewarded with the chance to play at the same cash table (probably £5-£10), the catch is. That the low stakes winners are stumped up the cash and get to keep any profits after the session is over (similar to the big game) and what is in it for the high stakes players I hear you ask. Well they get the chance to play £5-£10 with three possible micro stakes cash players.
    Posted by Swog

what sort of challenge have u got in mind and were do the micro stakes players get a grand from to play £5/£10 at the end of it all?
  • edited April 2014

So essentially Sky hand out £3k in prizes, £1k each to 3 microstakes grinders - load that money to a mastercash table that no-one can sit-out from for an hour - and give the 3 biggest higher stakes grinders an hour (broadcast on 861) to try and win the money off the 'fishes'?

'Fishes' can't reload, sharks can top up as often as they like.

With a bit of luck (from my micro-player point of view), one or more 'fish' has a good run of cards / gets the right side of some coolers and walks away after the hour is up with upwards of £1k profit.

Might be hard to police, but would probably be good for the Sky poker economy, especially if it means a £1k + chunk getting redistributed lower down the chain... must be quite a few degen NL10/NL20 players that would happily have a couple of shots at NL50/NL100 (maybe even higher!) if they had a lucky bink like this.

• edited April 2014
    In Response to A possible promotion idea for the future.:
    Posted by Swog

I like the idea.
    I dont think you need 3 winners from the high stakes though. Surely any high stakes player would want to play the micro players. So just load the 3 micro winners onto a £5-£10 table with £1000 each and watch the sharks come.
    Could be really interesting to watch although some would say all the promo money would be going to the high stakes players.
  • edited April 2014
    I think having 3 winnes from high stakes is needed though because otherwise there will be disgruntled high stakes reg's that miss out on playing because they couldn't load the table up quick enough or w/e. It's just a bum hunters dream scenario - but if they gave the 3 seats to high stakes regs that deserve it, the bum hunters don't get any benefit.

I also like the idea but think it needs A LOT of tweaks. Firstly, the small stake players have got the better end of the deal as it is now - yes, the high stakes players probably have an advantage in the game but it won't be by that much if it's against a high volume SS grinder. Also, what's to stop a small stakes player just folding every hand for an hour (unless they get aces/kings) - sure, they might lose £100-£150 in blinds but that's still an £850 profit and it would make for very boring TV too!! 

So, how about this - The SS player has to keep on playing until they double up or lose all their money or until the 2 hours is up. (I think 2 would be better than 1, and sky can start covering maybe half way through to show the important hands) - After 2 hours, the money they have left is split so they get half, and the HS players get 1/3 each) If they do DU early on maybe there should be some more incentive to keep them playing too? Like if they cash out now they only get half but if they play for 2 hours they get the full amount. (When they only get half, the HS players get the rest split between them in a 1/3)

Also, with promotions these days I prefer more people to have some chance rather than just those at the very top. So maybe have the top 3 players play £2.5/£5, then the next 3 play £1.5/£3 and the next playing £1/£2. Meanwhile, there is a random draw between 10th and 50th place for 3 more seats to a £1/£2 game.
  • edited April 2014
    I wasn't quite sure of how certain players get to compete in this, but just thought it would be a good idea. Say for example Sky stakes 3 Micro stakes cash players £1,000 on a NL10 table, then they will only be able to take back any profit over £1,000, lets say over the course of 3 hours or a specified numer of hands.

Just a thought that might catch on and of course SKY could televise these games.
  • edited April 2014
    defo would be interested in this, although whats to stop a reg from nl50 just ounchin g in their normal hands and locking a seat.

would defo be down, but as ivan sayd just needs a couple of tweaks imo
  • edited April 2014
    Like the idea, how about the game goes for 3/4 hours (or more) and instead of three you have maybe a top 10 (again, or more) with the top three starting wth 100BB and they have to play at least an hour but can then stand only taking any profit with them. Then every time someone stands/busts the next in line regs (if player not available then they go down one place in queue).