You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jackpot Luckbox Ryan ***official show thread***

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat

What can/can't you do at the same time as playing on Sky Poker?

Go to the toilet (a number 2)
   Go to the pub
   have a dinner party

Comments

• edited April 2014

Hi all,

We're live again tonight on Sky Poker TV 7pm to midnight!

Accompanying you through another packed show will be myself, Richard Orford and Ryan 'Jackpot Luckbox' Spittles.

And this is what we've got for you-

7pm- Full coverage of Ryan's jackpot final table last night with his thoughts on the hands as they play.

8pm- The 10 biggest Mastercash hands of the week

9pm– Sky Poker Strategy – ‘Cash techniques and moves’.

10pm - Live Master Cash action

11pm-  Live action from the late stages of the £12K Sky Sports Bounty Hunter

Get your banter, questions and hand requests into us either on this thread, via email skyopen@bskyb.com or via Twitter #skypoker

Now, tonight whilst I've been multi-tabling tournaments on Sky Poker.com I've been watching Manchester United crash out the Champions league, having my dinner, writing this show thread, chatting to the missus, etc, etc, etc.

It's therefore ever-so-slightly possible that I've not been playing optimally...because of all the distractions. (Not because I play badly anyway...of course).

So, my question is all about

MULTITASKING!

What can/can't you do at the same time as playing on Sky Poker?

I've got 3 Turbo Tuesday seats to give away to the best answers.

Look forward to your answers and see you tonight at 7!

• edited April 2014
    You can listen to Music
    But you cannot loose concentration

So that means while multi tasking you cannot watch Orford and Spittles.

But if the double act is sensational,just sit out and let them take your blinds,you may still cash!

Free seat in Tuesday Turbo!
  • edited April 2014
    Evening guys (for tomorrow),

Funny timing of the question you've asked because I found myself doing something very odd this evening.... Wednesday night I was grinding away playing the main, the mini and 4 cash tables at my desk in the bedroom when my daughter comes in at about 10pm crying saying she doesn't like her bedding and wants me to change them. Emma is busy so I end up getting my daughter to bring the pillow and quilt in to my room and changing all the bedding while keeping all 6 tables going.
  • edited April 2014
    Poor Rich is gonna have to sit through 5 hours worth of brags now!
  • edited April 2014

Ryan WON the Sky Poker Jackpot last night!

Beat THAT Orford.
  • edited April 2014

have a good show tonight rich and ryan.

could you see if you can get scotty77 on the phone tonight to chat about his/her jackpot win?

• edited April 2014
    sick timing ryan. 

What cant i do while playing on sky poker. 

I would like you to tell my misses that cooking tea while playing is a hazard please.
  • edited April 2014
    Oh god. 

I'm just picturing Ryan's smug little face tonight every time I mention to the viewers that if you win the main and mini in the same night you win the jackpot. 

It's gonna be a long evening...
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    Oh god.  I'm just picturing Ryan's smug little face tonight every time I mention to the viewers that if you win the main and mini in the same night you win the jackpot.  It's gonna be a long evening...
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    Can you get one of those big comedy cheques to present to Ryan !
  • edited April 2014
    So I suggest a theme of multitasking for tonight's show and then Ryan runs deep in 4 tournaments all at the same time to demonstrate multitasking to the viewers.

In other words, his cashes are all thanks to me.

I'm currently trying to persuade the producer to spend the first hour of the show watching Ryan's final table instead of showing cash hands.

Watch this space.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Ryan ***official show thread***:
    Ryan WON the Sky Poker Jackpot last night! Beat THAT Orford.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Yeah, but has Ryan won the £2.20 at 2.20pm Deepstack eh? Eh? EH?

• edited April 2014
            What can/can't you do at the same time as playing on Sky Poker?    Go to the toilet (a number 2)    Go to the pub    have a dinner party
    Posted by DTWBANDIT
    I regularly go to the toilet and play skypoker!!! lol. Just bring in the laptop, put it on your lap and sit down for a nice relaxing number 2!!
  • edited April 2014
    What can you do at the same time as playing Sky? 

Discover my neighbour's house is on fire!! 

What cant you do at the same time as playing poker?

Rescue my neighbour after discovering his house was on fire lol

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jackpot Luckbox Ryan ***official show thread***:
    So I suggest a theme of multitasking for tonight's show and then Ryan runs deep in 4 tournaments all at the same time to demonstrate multitasking to the viewers. In other words, his cashes are all thanks to me. I'm currently trying to persuade the producer to spend the first hour of the show watching Ryan's final table instead of showing cash hands. Watch this space.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    That would be great!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jackpot Luckbox Ryan ***official show thread***:
    What can you do at the same time as playing Sky?  Discover my neighbour's house is on fire!!  What cant you do at the same time as playing poker? Rescue my neighbour after discovering his house was on fire lol
    Posted by jdsallstar

statistics show that more neighbours are now being saved from house fires.  a spokesman for the nhs sasys that the increased number of rescues is due to skypoker introducing synchronised breaks.

• edited April 2014
    Since I lobbied the producer to show Ryan's final table tonight at 7, he's come up with a brilliant idea of his own...to show Ryan's final table tonight at 7.

So- watch a man win £7000!

Get his inner monologue as he played the hands!

And! Watch another man weep into his iPad because he bubbled in the mini!

All tonight..from 7!
  • edited April 2014
    Since I lobbied the producer to show Ryan's final table tonight at 7, he's come up with a brilliant idea of his own...to show Ryan's final table tonight at 7. So- watch a man win £7000! Get his inner monologue as he played the hands! And! Watch another man weep into his iPad because he bubbled in the mini! All tonight..from 7!
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    not to makes things worse but did you not bubble the bubble?

• edited April 2014
    Well played Ryan!,
    What can't you do at the same time as playing sky poker?
    Nothing(if you play on an iPad!)..
  • edited April 2014
    hey richard und mr Jackpot 
    haben eine tolle Show 

was ich beim Spielen Poker-Himmel tun können 
    von Bayern München zu sehen Manchester United schlagen lassen 

was ich beim Spielen Poker-Himmel tun kann nicht 
    sehen Bayern München Beat manchester united 

dachte, es wäre gut, in Deutsch aussehen

in english it says this

hey richard and mr jackpot 
    have a great show 

what i can do whilst playing sky poker

watch manchester united get beat by bayern munich 

what i cant do whilst playing sky poker

watch bayern munich beat manchester united 

thought it would look good in german 

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Thursday Night Live on Sky Poker TV with Rich and Jackpot Luckbox Ryan ***official show thread*** : not to makes things worse but did you not bubble the bubble?
    Posted by aussie09
    I'm not even allowed to claim the bubble? This is a low moment...
  • edited April 2014
    Hi guys, can you show this hand please from last night, it was on Mastercash 7 and here's the deets 

Hand History #765340954 (21:47 09/04/2014)

I've put more details about the thought process in the clinic but for the purposes of keeping it short for the show...

I know Ivan has a fair few bluffs in his range when 5betting, there are very few hands he'd 5bet here for value, I can't 6bet less than all-in (imo) so think I deffo have to flat pre. Even though flatting the 5bet looks strong, I look strong no matter what I do. What does Ryan think about the best post flop line here?
  • edited April 2014
    on route to CURRYS for a bigger telly, so i can get Ryans HEAD on the screen.
    well done Ryan
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Richard, and Ryan,

Hope the show is as good as on Tuesday.

I actually won the Last Longer comp., but I don't see me registered for the ME yet. Any chance of sorting this out before it all kicks off?

Thanks very much
  • edited April 2014
    First off congratulations to Ryan on the Jackpot. Of course he can only dream of one day winning the £2.20 at 2.20pm Deepstack.
    What I can and do do whilst playing poker on sky is stream football matches on to my other screen to watch. What I can't manage is more than about 6 tables whilst watching the football as my concentration wanders.
  • edited April 2014
    How many sets of teeth can you get whitened with an extra £5,000? Tonight's show will be dazzling.
  • edited April 2014
    Evening rich and Ryan. the question of multi tasking! And what we can/ can't do while playing poker well that answer easy!!! NOTHING,  I am the worst multi tasker in the world my brain just cannot concentrate on 2 things at once. 
     I'd like to ask your opinion on something that has been bugging me for a week now, I was playing Wednesday rebut last week I had a player to the left of me who did nothing but call my bets pre flop I would 3x 4x 5x even 10x at one point and all he did was constantly just flat call me with any cards then when the flop came he just did the exact same same turn and occasionally folded the river and just to add insult he managed to hit nearly everything! Just wondering how you would play against these players?

2ndly last night I won my place in ukops1 from a £6 saltalite as you can probably understand I am ecstatic about this until today when I go to work and get informed that I'm working next Friday and won't be home for the tourney just wondering if I can move the tournament or get a cash equivalent? 
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Richard, and Ryan, Hope the show is as good as on Tuesday. I actually won the Last Longer comp., but I don't see me registered for the ME yet. Any chance of sorting this out before it all kicks off? Thanks very much
    Posted by MrDirk
    I'll have a look in to this for you!
  • edited April 2014
    Congratulations Ryan!
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Rich & Ryan,

On the subject of Multitasking I have had to give my son his milk when he has woken up on quite a few occasions. Involves me getting up the stairs, getting his milk ready, putting the laptop on the footstool, getting son out of bed, putting him across my lap and feeding him with the bottle using the hand from the arm that is supporting his neck / head. Leaving the other hand free to control the mouse and carry on playing poker!

Don't think this is number 1 on the top dad things to do, but the wife doesn't wake up and I don't want to get blinded out the game!

Well done Ryan on the Jackpot. Can't believe you didn't win the ipad draw today! Luck must of ran out.

Greg.
  • edited April 2014
    Evening Rich and Ryan! Finally got a job so will have some extra roubles to play some bigger tournies soon. Congrats to Ryan for his final table results this week....awesome. Ok going back to your question Rich...I cannot play sky poker and listen to my dear mother on the end of the phone reciting the local obituary page to me (don't know why she likes to tell me whos died??? I don't know them anyway and I don't think she does either???whats that all about?) while I am nearing the bubble in a tourney...jeezzzzzz!! A question for you both.. My favourite poker biography/autobiography is "The man behind the shades" ...Stu Unger...id love to be in his shoes for a week because of his fast living and his genius poker playing. id love to see how he read the game and what thoughts he had during the big wsop's and how he felt when he lost massive bets in his sports betting years.. Which legends shoes would you both like to step into for a week and why?? Maverick39.