You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Are aces here on Sky Poker becoming a hand to Instantly fold?

edited April 2014 in Poker Chat
I just want to ask the question of the community here about aces - reason being is that I've had them on five occasions in recent days/weeks and on only 1 occasion has my hand held, the other times I've been outdrawn with them.

Are there any other players out there finding the same?

Comments

• edited April 2014
    To be fair, judging by the hand you posted in the clinic, it looks like there's room to improve how you're playing AA, and playing it better will lead to you winning more with it.
  • edited April 2014

If you're thinking about folding aces pre flop, maybe think about giving up poker!

• edited April 2014
    I've just looked at the hand Lambert mentioned in the clinic too, you really need to look at the way you're playing your aces as without wanting to be rude, you couldn't have played that one much worse.
  • edited April 2014
    Are aces here on Sky Poker becoming a hand to Instantly fold? learn how to play them and you will never ask that question again. i get a semi blob on when im dealt them if im honest, the only thing that tops it is flopping a set and then im fully erect most of the time. get 3 streets of value and then we have a bit of a mess down there but we wont go into that. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Are aces here on Sky Poker becoming a hand to Instantly fold?:
    Are aces here on Sky Poker becoming a hand to Instantly fold? learn how to play them and you will never ask that question again. i get a semi blob on when im dealt them if im honest, the only thing that tops it is flopping a set and then im fully erect most of the time. get 3 streets of value and then we have a bit of a mess down there but we wont go into that. 
    Posted by THEROCK573

ha ha totp nomination defo

• edited April 2014
    To answer the original question 

Are aces here on Sky Poker becoming a hand to Instantly fold?

No, no they are not
  • edited April 2014

haha just give him totp every month, lol

• edited April 2014
    the main problem i have with AA is position and bet sizing.
    Should i raise 3,4,5,or 6 maybe even 8 x the b/b.
    As the object is to win money,going all in means you win the blinds.
    So you want to keep one customer, and get rid of the rag K7 off.
    Its great if someone raises in front,but if you are the one betting first how much should you raise.?
    Also how have you been playing ? tight/loose call fold,
    I have raised 8x b/b got called with K7 off and lost, raised 4x b/b and everyone folds
    But i would never fold AA. just try harder to play them better, and one thing to remember

If you make a "c " bet post flop and get called BEWARE
  • edited April 2014

why would you fold them, not a chance.

I feel some people forget you can actually fold them sometimes when you are playing deep. eg fold them after turn or river.